Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Memorable Wonder Woman stories?

Does Wonder Woman have any memorable comic stories. characters like Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern had alot of memorable stories in there own comics.

Any solo stories of Wonder Woman thats memorable.

Depends on what you're looking for; maybe more than others, Wonder Woman's been all over the place through the years, so opinions about which stories are good and which aren't are far from unanimous.

A lot of people like Greg Rucka's The Hiketeia, which is a graphic novel that gets you a feel for the '00s version of the character. His Medusa arc (#206-210) and Gail Simone's The Circle (the first for issues of her run, I think?) get mentioned as high points of that era, too. And Brian Azzarello's New 52 run is all one continuous and mostly self-contained story. His reboot changed some long-standing aspects of the character, but it was pretty well received.

If you like Golden Age stuff and can look past the bondage, go for Marston's original Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman runs. The first few arcs of Perez's post-Crisis reboot are fan favorite "stories", too.

And she's great in the new Sensation Comics and as a supporting character in Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier.
    Last edited by Bosch; 02-09-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Here are a few of my favorites:

- The debut of the new Cheetah in George Perez's run.

- Byrne's arc featuring Hippolyta becoming the World War II Wonder Woman.

- Eric Luke's story with the first appearance of the second Dr. Poison.

- Jimenez's story with Diana leading a large group of female heroes against Circe's band of female super-villains.

- Jimenez's story where Sebastian steals the power of the Cheetah from Barbara Minverva and she works to get it back.

- Jimenez's story with the modern Villainy Inc.

- Heinberg's "Who is Wonder Woman" arc.

- Simone's "The Circle" arc.

- The Legend of Wonder Woman has been phenomenal so far.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

the best one is marstons run

To supplement what has been provided thus far I want to add the following from the Pre-Crisis modern era stories.
    Judgment In Infinity from Wonder Woman #291 to 293 (Jimenez gave a nod to this in Circe storyline referenced by B and Poison above)
    DC Comics Presents #41 (it's recapped in WW#288 but you really should check out the full version in here as it is mini update of the 12 Labors story)
    Wonder Woman 297 to 301

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here are a few of my favorites:

- The debut of the new Cheetah in George Perez's run.

- Byrne's arc featuring Hippolyta becoming the World War II Wonder Woman.

- Eric Luke's story with the first appearance of the second Dr. Poison.

- Jimenez's story with Diana leading a large group of female heroes against Circe's band of female super-villains.

- Jimenez's story where Sebastian steals the power of the Cheetah from Barbara Minverva and she works to get it back.

- Jimenez's story with the modern Villainy Inc.

- Heinberg's "Who is Wonder Woman" arc.

- Simone's "The Circle" arc.

- The Legend of Wonder Woman has been phenomenal so far.
    Interesting, So she does have alot of well known stories.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Besides the stories already mentioned, I'd add "the 18th Letter" from Legends of the DC Universe #30-32 and Spirit of Truth by Dini/Ross.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-09-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

What about Pre Crisis runs like Thomas' run? Is anyone here to summary them? Very curious about pre crisis WW expect the mod era which is i just finished and loved it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    What about Pre Crisis runs like Thomas' run? Is anyone here to summary them? Very curious about pre crisis WW expect the mod era which is i just finished and loved it a lot.
    If I'm not mistaken, Thomas' run is included in the issue #s that Stanlos cited above. I remember really enjoying Thomas' work as a young teenager and being disappointed that he left the book so quickly. (Think he did full scripts for three or four issues and then just plots for a few more.) I haven't read those stories since they came out in the eighties so I can't remember them well enough to summarize. I don't even know if they would still hold up to me. At the time I felt like Thomas gave Diana a personality that was a lot like Marston's version. She was vibrant. And he created someone who has turned out to be an enduring villainess--the Silver Swan.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I also second Gail Simone's first arc, The Circle.

I enjoyed Heinberg, too, except for his last issue.

Wonder Woman Chronicles 1 for the first batch of Marston stories.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Gods and Mortals Perez
    Challenge of the Gods Perez
    Paradise Lost Jimenez
    Paradise Found Jimenez
    Spirit of Truth Alex Ross
    The Circle Simone
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I love me some Pre-Crisis, Bronze-Age Wonder Woman! Unfortunately, a lot of this era has never been collected or reprinted. I will admit that much of it is hit and miss through the '70s, but if you can track these issues down, I highly recommend these stories.

"The 12 Labors" WW #212-22
    This one is probably the best-known and well-regarded Pre-Crisis story coming right after the whole "Diana Prince, secret agent" run by Denny O'Neil. This one put the character back in the Justice League as she went through 12 tests to prove she had her powers back and was worthy to be part of the JLA again.

"The TV Stories" WW #228-243; World's Finest #244-250; 1978 Wonder Woman Spectacular; Superman vs Wonder Woman tabloid
    DC Comics tried to capitalize on the popularity of the first season of the Lynda Carter television show which was set in the 1940s, so they had the "Earth-2" Wonder Woman take over the main title for a while. Fun stories with appearances of great villains like the Red Panzer, Cheetah, Baron Blitzkrieg and the Duke of Deception

"The Gerry Conway Run" WW #269-285
    Gerry Conway came on board around 1980 and took the series back to its roots. Diana was again based out of Washington D.C. and most of the original Golden-Age cast was back in new, "Earth-1" versions. Liked the first handful of issues with Kobra operating behind the scenes and manipulating circumstances including Angle Man and introducing a new Cheetah (Debbie Domaine)

"The Roy Thomas Run" WW #288-296
    Thomas seemed to have a good handle on the character and brought Dr. Psycho back from limbo for a couple of issues. His most memorable contribution to the WW mythos will probably be the Silver Swan. Most people seem to enjoy the 3-Part "Judgement In Infinity" story that included guest appearances by just about every female hero in DC at the time. It was a good run and unfortunately didn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I love me some Pre-Crisis, Bronze-Age Wonder Woman! Unfortunately, a lot of this era has never been collected or reprinted. I will admit that much of it is hit and miss through the '70s, but if you can track these issues down, I highly recommend these stories.
    You are not alone, IADC--I share your sentiment on the Pre-Crisis run. Wonder Woman was awesome

BANNED

The Heketeia
    JLA: A League of One