Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I love me some Pre-Crisis, Bronze-Age Wonder Woman! Unfortunately, a lot of this era has never been collected or reprinted. I will admit that much of it is hit and miss through the '70s, but if you can track these issues down, I highly recommend these stories.

"The 12 Labors" WW #212-22
    This one is probably the best-known and well-regarded Pre-Crisis story coming right after the whole "Diana Prince, secret agent" run by Denny O'Neil. This one put the character back in the Justice League as she went through 12 tests to prove she had her powers back and was worthy to be part of the JLA again.

"The TV Stories" WW #228-243; World's Finest #244-250; 1978 Wonder Woman Spectacular; Superman vs Wonder Woman tabloid
    DC Comics tried to capitalize on the popularity of the first season of the Lynda Carter television show which was set in the 1940s, so they had the "Earth-2" Wonder Woman take over the main title for a while. Fun stories with appearances of great villains like the Red Panzer, Cheetah, Baron Blitzkrieg and the Duke of Deception

"The Gerry Conway Run" WW #269-285
    Gerry Conway came on board around 1980 and took the series back to its roots. Diana was again based out of Washington D.C. and most of the original Golden-Age cast was back in new, "Earth-1" versions. Liked the first handful of issues with Kobra operating behind the scenes and manipulating circumstances including Angle Man and introducing a new Cheetah (Debbie Domaine)

"The Roy Thomas Run" WW #288-296
    Thomas seemed to have a good handle on the character and brought Dr. Psycho back from limbo for a couple of issues. His most memorable contribution to the WW mythos will probably be the Silver Swan. Most people seem to enjoy the 3-Part "Judgement In Infinity" story that included guest appearances by just about every female hero in DC at the time. It was a good run and unfortunately didn't last very long.

Thanks for posting this. I'm gong to have to get a hold of Wonder Woman 228 thru 243 as I love the Nazi villains and Cheetah!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You are not alone, IADC--I share your sentiment on the Pre-Crisis run. Wonder Woman was awesome
    I'm with you guys! 12 Labors was collected for sure as I have it at home, it's available on Amazon but is pricey ($49) for a paperback. There are also a lot of individual issues available in digital format, from various eras of WW, as well as compilations of pretty much everything Post-Crisis. There are also some other interesting compilations out there such as Wonder Woman: The Complete Newspaper Comics which is a fun set of material from the Marston days.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm with you guys! 12 Labors was collected for sure as I have it at home, it's available on Amazon but is pricey ($49) for a paperback. There are also a lot of individual issues available in digital format, from various eras of WW, as well as compilations of pretty much everything Post-Crisis. There are also some other interesting compilations out there such as Wonder Woman: The Complete Newspaper Comics which is a fun set of material from the Marston days.
    http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...-twelve-labors

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! MUHUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Amazon purchase time! Thanks for the word on the trade, D! I hope there is a foreword and special content. I love trades for those!

For me 'Challenge of the Gods' (Perez run, #8-14) is right up there with the original FF/Galactus trilogy in the Kirby/Lee days. There are a lot of great moments in that Perez run.

There's loads of goodies in the Golden Age but Cheetah's appearance in Wonder Woman #6 is brilliant (captured in Archives #3)

Wonder Woman#9 which features the whole evolution machine that leads to the creation of Giganta (Archives #4) is another corker.