Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I'm with Gael and Brett. I too often feel like Azzarello is spreading the story too much and wasting space on trivial dialogue and panels. Compare this to any Grant Morrison comic book and you see the difference. Morrison doesnt sacrifice character moments, atmosphere or anything else, but when you read one of his comics you always feel like you've read 100 pages instead of 24...it's not important to learn about trivial details like "who pumps the tyres of the batmobile", but when you reboot the franchise and start over with so many differences, some details would be nice. Like... what is WW doing in London, what has she been doing the last 5 years she's been here? Does she have any friends? This isnt an established continuity, you have to set up the groundwork.
    Is it true that Diana has sworn Aleka to protect Zola and Zeke? I've been waiting to see who would replace Hera, as a supporting regular, and I think Aleka is a great pick. Aleka and Zola?! Diana, Zola, Aleka, Hermes and a BABY ..sharing a London townhouse? That's got COMEDY RELIEF written all over it! I like that we can now say, with certainty, that "Wonder Woman shares a London townhouse with Zola and Hermes, between adventures!" It sounds like it could be legendary comic book story-telling, ..if only we're willing to wait a while longer [YAWN.] for it.

Right now, as for character backgrounds (history, etc), she's just sort of floating around, out there, it seems.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-24-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Anyone else who noticed when Aleka says "I--" Diana says "--trust no one more than you". Perhaps this means Diana was talking about herself in #27 at her mother? Giving Diana some sort of "I trust you, if you trust yourself" angle.

And I think Strife’s end game is beginning to show. Something I’v been looking forward to since she proposed that there's something worse than death in #3 or her meaning of family she’d said Diana one day would beg for in #4.

Also, I love how the story makes room for equality through reasons for it, instead of just sound reasoning. Sometimes doubters need something more than just nice ideas.
    Last edited by borntohula; 06-24-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Is it true that Diana has sworn Aleka to protect Zola and Zeke? I've been waiting to see who would replace Hera, as a supporting regular, and I think Aleka is a great pick.
    It is true (pretty much--Aleka didn't specifically swear to protect Zola and Zeke, but Diana ordered her to do it, and Aleka is sworn to obey her current queen), but I don't know if Zola and Zeke will still need Aleka's protection when the war with the First Born is done. By then, Zeke could be either dead or magically grown up and able to protect himself, or he and Zola could be under the protection of Athena or whoever is ruling Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula
    Anyone else who noticed when Aleka says "I--" Diana says "--trust no one more than you". Perhaps this means Diana was talking about herself in #27 at her mother? Giving Diana some sort of "I trust you, if you trust yourself" angle.

And I think Strife’s end game is beginning to show. Something I’v been looking forward to since she proposed that there's something worse than death in #3 or her meaning of family she’d said Diana one day would beg for in #4.

Also, I love how the story makes room for equality through reasons for it, instead of just sound reasoning. Sometimes doubters need something more than just nice ideas.
    Interesting points!

Goran Sudzuka stated on his Facebook page that this was his last issue on the book. Since we also know the run is going to continue after September and will end on the fall, I think it's safe to conclude it will really end at issue #36, on October, making it 4 final issues for Chiang.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-blazer View Post
    Goran Sudzuka stated on his Facebook page that this was his last issue on the book. Since we also know the run is going to continue after September and will end on the fall, I think it's safe to conclude it will really end at issue #36, on October, making it 4 final issues for Chiang.
    If they end in October then I'm thinking #35 since the "5 years from now" issue seems to be the WW issue of the month. But hopefully it'll carry an extra page or two

By the way. I just saw an interview from Barcelona with Azzarello, and he says the super hero he's been most comfortable with writing IS Wonder Woman. Anyone who thinks that perhaps will play into First Born in a way or two? I mean, no matter what his interest was in the character before writing her, it seems like writing her has moved him to his core. I even read that he almost sobbed when he talked about leaving the book a while ago.
    Last edited by borntohula; 06-28-2014 at 04:39 AM.

Sorry, my mistake. November*

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Good issue. Nice to see Demeter being a bad-ass.

I can't believe Azz is leaving in 4 issues. So much left to do.
    Cyclops was right