Super Moderator

Default "Agent Carter" Recap: Covert Oops

In a rare misfire episode, Peggy Carter's adventures go way over the top in a heist story jammed full of noise but decidedly short on payoff.

Full article here.

Yeah, I totally disagree with just about every opinion in that review. I thought it was a very good episode and I haven't liked too many of them so far. Last week's was good and so was this one. The scene with Hugh Jones was freaking hilarious and the final action sequence was pretty cool. I liked the team they assembled and I thought everything worked pretty well.

BANNED

I'm with you. I think Kiel was on cold medicine while watching the episode. Second best show on TV... after Flash of course.

Agreed. It wasn't, apparently, to the staff writer's taste. But all the things that the review claims was trying too hard or not working were totally effective for me. The proposal telegraphing the fallout? Maybe s/he hasn't been watching the show... That fallout has been obvious from the moment her character was introduced. Sometimes it's not about being caught completely off guard, but enjoying the unfolding of things to come.

Anyway, I thought the team they assembled and the ensuing hijinks (and Rose's devastating right hook) were super fun.