Super Moderator

Default Karen Traviss to Write Relaunched "G.I. Joe" at IDW

IDW will relaunch its main "G.I. Joe" series in September, written by science-fiction author Karen Traviss and illustrated by Steve Kurth.

Full article here.

Ugh. Well, I know where my jumping off point for the modern JOE stuff is now; Can't stand Traviss at all, not since she offed Mara Jade and went completely overboard with her Mando-love, and her GOW stuff was terrible.

Very interesting. I loved Karen Traviss's Star Wars work (especially the Republic Commando series and anything related to Boba Fett). If I liked GI Joe, this would be a definite buy for me.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

I've been alot less interested in G.I. Joe since Cobra Files ended. I miss Chameleon something fierce...

This is one too many reboots for me. If it gets really great reviews, I might consider it in trade. For now I'll stick with Hama and A Real American Hero.

Is this a continuation of a previous volume or is this a totally fresh start? I haven't read anything prior as far as the rebooted stuff, I do read A Real American Hero though. Just curious if I can jump on here with this new #1.

Meh...think I'll pass on this. Just doesn't sound interesting.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.