Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    ...Clone Batman?
    Check out Detective Comics #27

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes indeed. My new favorite joy in life. I'm confident future Snyder Batman omnibuses will leave out a bunch of stuff I'd want included (and/or get stuff outta order, like the ever tricky cases of Batman 28 & 34).
    That is pretty awesome and impressive. I imagine its very challenging to do since trades and hardcovers are held together by glue versus omnibuses and such being sewn.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    That is pretty awesome and impressive. I imagine its very challenging to do since trades and hardcovers are held together by glue versus omnibuses and such being sewn.
    I don't cut them up myself, but I'm told it is quite easy with like an exacto knife to help.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

This looks great! Can't wait to read it, which will be a while since I'm binding the trades as well.

Speaking of which , that's an interesting order JBatmanFan05. I haven't bound any of the trades yet but I was thinking of just straightforward binds of all the volumes & separate binds for Batman Eternal, Batman & Robin and Detective Comics ( the latter two of which i haven't bought or read so i can't really comment). But i really like the idea of adding Snyder's Pre-New 52 run in the first volume or maybe a vol 0?/ i haven't really planned my volumes yet because i m waiting on the run to end. But can i ask why you added Detective comics Gothotopia? Did Snyder have a part in it?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    But can i ask why you added Detective comics Gothotopia? Did Snyder have a part in it?
    A very small part, his "Twenty-Seven" future story from Detective #27 (that special issue loaded with various story contributions). It could (and should) have been collected in another trade, but DC chose Gothotopia for reasons I can't defend.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

A very small part, his "Twenty-Seven" future story from Detective #27 (that special issue loaded with various story contributions). It could (and should) have been collected in another trade, but DC chose Gothotopia for reasons I can't defend.
    Oh wow I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder! Isn't that one of the best things about binding? You can add whatever you want or whatever DC doesn't add to their collections. Thanks again..

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Oh wow I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder! Isn't that one of the best things about binding? You can add whatever you want or whatever DC doesn't add to their collections. Thanks again..
    Yea, really allows you reconfigure comics into a more cohesive and/or more correct and/or fuller narrative (which makes for better easier reading).

i haven't really planned my volumes yet because i m waiting on the run to end.
    I 99% advise waiting for runs to end, but in this rare case, it just so happened that I noticed that all the run so far fully took up 2 volumes that I knew I wouldn't do differently even if the run was over. But from now on, I probably don't do the rest of the Snyder volumes until he's done.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-10-2016 at 12:59 PM.

I 99% advise waiting for runs to end, but in this rare case, it just so happened that I noticed that all the run so far fully took up 2 volumes that I knew I wouldn't do differently even if the run was over. But from now on, I probably don't do the rest of the Snyder volumes until he's done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with your assessment but I must admit I was very tempted to start binding after Endgame as that seemed like the end of the run or a good stopping point but I'm glad I waited as Snyder just confirmed that he's done after #51. I was hoping for the magic # of 52 but oh well

Yeah I agree with your assessment but I must admit I was very tempted to start binding after Endgame as that seemed like the end of the run or a good stopping point but I'm glad I waited as Snyder just confirmed that he's done after #51. I was hoping for the magic # of 52 but oh well
    Snyder probably is going to Detective, so a hypo Vol 3 and 4 for me will be Vol 8 & 9, maybe B&R Eternal, and Snyder's Tec run continuation.

Snyder probably is going to Detective, so a hypo Vol 3 and 4 for me will be Vol 8 & 9, maybe B&R Eternal, and Snyder's Tec run continuation.
    Yeah man , that sounds good , I hope those rumors about him jumping on Detective are true, I don't even care if they renumber it. I m opting to bind Eternal on its own maybe with Gerry Duggans Arkham Manor. I guess Batman and Robin Eternal is another separate bind for me as well. I'm officially addicted to binding as you can probably guess LOL