Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Please use MAC for something cool (aka development) before the book gets canceled/rebooted.

  2. #47
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Astral Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The Ultimates should add Squirrel Girl to the roster.
    If you started a list of characters that readers don't want to see in Ultimates, I'm sure Squirrel Girl would garner lots of votes. Still, if this book has any longevity at all, I could see Ewing -- or whomever the writer is at that time -- introducing a short-term element of the absurd to the book. After all, the omniverse can be a pretty weird place.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Eternity. The universe. Basically the universe is trying to ice our heroes.
    Not without reason though, although what this "truth" they aren't supposed to know about is anyone's guess. I wonder how they will feel when the one who benefited from their "help" tells them to stop messing with the Universe or else.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If you started a list of characters that readers don't want to see in Ultimates, I'm sure Squirrel Girl would garner lots of votes. Still, if this book has any longevity at all, I could see Ewing -- or whomever the writer is at that time -- introducing a short-term element of the absurd to the book. After all, the omniverse can be a pretty weird place.
    Why not? I mean she is the "Ultimate" game changer of the Marvel U isn't she?

  5. #50
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    I'd have ZERO problems with Squirrel Girl, Power Man (new) and White Tiger being inducted into the Ultimates.

    White Tiger & Powerman Jr are totally wasted in New Avengers and Squirrel Girl would bring the kind of random wacky factor to the Ultimates that would make the book a lot more interesting to me.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Outta Town
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'd have ZERO problems with Squirrel Girl, Power Man (new) and White Tiger being inducted into the Ultimates.

    White Tiger & Powerman Jr are totally wasted in New Avengers and Squirrel Girl would bring the kind of random wacky factor to the Ultimates that would make the book a lot more interesting to me.
    Well, if you are going to bring those 3 characters from the New Avengers, you might as well just merge the 2 books together since Ewing is writing both of them anyway and call it the Ultimate New Avengers. Marvel will probably consider doing it just to boost sales.

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'd have ZERO problems with Squirrel Girl, Power Man (new) and White Tiger being inducted into the Ultimates.

    White Tiger & Powerman Jr are totally wasted in New Avengers and Squirrel Girl would bring the kind of random wacky factor to the Ultimates that would make the book a lot more interesting to me.
    They're not at the right power level - not just physical power, but also influence - and they don't have the right attitudes.

    Look, they're good characters. I like them all. I'm glad to see them getting used, and I'd love for them to get even more use. But Ultimates is really, really not the right place for them.

    I also don't think the book needs a "random wacky factor." Ultimates is a more serious book. It has some jokes, sure. But the humour tends to be more grounded. Adding a wacky character would throw off the tone of the book too much.

    We've already got New Avengers for wacky comedy. Like Champagne-Bot. Champagne-Bot is awesome.

  8. #53
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'd have ZERO problems with Squirrel Girl, Power Man (new) and White Tiger being inducted into the Ultimates.

    White Tiger & Powerman Jr are totally wasted in New Avengers and Squirrel Girl would bring the kind of random wacky factor to the Ultimates that would make the book a lot more interesting to me.
    I wouldn't have a problem with White Tiger and to a lesser degree Power Man 2. But Squirrel Girl? Nah. Sorry but not every book needs a wacky factor (and frankly, reading her in one book ''New Avengers'' is more than enough for me).

  9. #54
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    They're not at the right power level - not just physical power, but also influence - and they don't have the right attitudes.

    Look, they're good characters. I like them all. I'm glad to see them getting used, and I'd love for them to get even more use. But Ultimates is really, really not the right place for them.

    I also don't think the book needs a "random wacky factor." Ultimates is a more serious book. It has some jokes, sure. But the humour tends to be more grounded. Adding a wacky character would throw off the tone of the book too much.

    We've already got New Avengers for wacky comedy. Like Champagne-Bot. Champagne-Bot is awesome.
    Squirel Girl on paper isn't the right power level. But her resume arguably speaks otherwise.

    But yeah... I think she's a good fit in New Avengers. It's sort of a wacky book which suits her.

  10. #55
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Astral Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Everyone probably has at least one character that they'd want to add to the team. In upcoming issues I suspect Ewing is going to show us why not everyone qualifies to be an Ultimate. The team is in the NZ with a psychotic Anti-Man in tow. Depending on his power spikes, Anti-Man is capable of "trashing" a Sentry-level character and powerful Avengers line up by himself. Now add to that the Big G. Galactus is headed their way. And this isn't some "I'm hungry and at a 0.00000001% of my full power reserves" Galactus. This is "I've got eons of primordial energy to burn and I'm here to kick ass and take names!" Galactus. Eternity wants them stopped. These are not the sort of challenges that just anyone can face...and live to tell the tale. Frankly, I worry for Black Panther. I hope they have one more exploration armor suit for BP.

  11. #56
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Everyone probably has at least one character that they'd want to add to the team. In upcoming issues I suspect Ewing is going to show us why not everyone qualifies to be an Ultimate. The team is in the NZ with a psychotic Anti-Man in tow. Depending on his power spikes, Anti-Man is capable of "trashing" a Sentry-level character and powerful Avengers line up by himself. Now add to that the Big G. Galactus is headed their way. And this isn't some "I'm hungry and at a 0.00000001% of my full power reserves" Galactus. This is "I've got eons of primordial energy to burn and I'm here to kick ass and take names!" Galactus. Eternity wants them stopped. These are not the sort of challenges that just anyone can face...and live to tell the tale. Frankly, I worry for Black Panther. I hope they have one more exploration armor suit for BP.
    Frankly all the exploration suits in the world aren't going to save your butt if Eternity wants to kick your behind.

    That said I think marvel already soiled that Galactus will join the team in some fashion so I'm sure one way or the other everyone will end up on the same page.

  12. #57
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Astral Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Frankly all the exploration suits in the world aren't going to save your butt if Eternity wants to kick your behind.

    That said I think marvel already soiled that Galactus will join the team in some fashion so I'm sure one way or the other everyone will end up on the same page.
    True, but the team is going someplace outside of Eternity's influence. If Galactus or Anti-Man decides to blow up the ship, BP is going to need armor...well, for at least the 9 minutes of shield integrity that it offers before it fails.

    Yes, I think that Galactus either joins the team, or works closely with them on a few missions. I could also see Conner Sims working with the team on a limited basis, at least for the brief periods of time when he's sane and in control. But first they'll have to confront Galactus. Prediction: Conner views Galactus as representing "The Man" or "The Establishment" and fires off the first volley. All hell breaks loose after that.

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    ... Anti-Man's mission now takes on a whole new meaning. He's not just trying to destroy some unjust politico-socio-economic system that, let's face it, only a small percentage of modern day readers care about anyway. He's trying to destroy something on a much more cosmic scale, something even more deleterious to the human spirit. His words (paraphrased): "The cage won't let us grow." I get it. Eternity's order to Galactus confirms it. The question is, will the Ultimates take a hint and leave well enough alone, or will they challenge the gods themselves? Can't wait for #5. ...
    Yeah, that bit of dialogue did jump out at me too, and did give me pause:

    Connor: We're so small... like specks... and we can't grow, because... there's a cage around us.
    Anti-Man: Society is the cage! Locks and bars mankind built for itself! Suppress the other--give in to fear--and it rewards you! Molds you in its own twisted shape! Well, I'm going to destroy it! End this so-called civilization! Then we'll have to grow--have to evolve--or we'll die, Adam! Die! Die like the failed species we are!
    And in the beginning, during the earlier flashbacks about the accident that transformed them & gave them their powers, when he kept saying humans are... "like ants... just ants." I really like the existential questions it raises, about life & the "grander scheme of things", like... "what does it all mean? Are we truly the masters of our own destiny?" Heady, thought-provoking stuff, the more you mull it over. And with that - I can't wait for #5 either!

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Please use MAC for something cool (aka development) before the book gets canceled/rebooted.
    Why would you say that? I mean, it's a lil' early to pronounce its demise already, don't ya think? I think it's generating pretty good buzz actually, and might grow in sales as a result. It takes time ya know, for positive word of mouth to have an effect, so... REALLY hope you're wrong on this one.

  15. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Everyone probably has at least one character that they'd want to add to the team. ...






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •