View Poll Results: Is Mike Carey's X-Men: Legacy good?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

31 64.58%
  • Nay

12 25.00%
  • Meh

5 10.42%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Xavier run was great, Rogue run had it low points but very high highs. It used a lot of different character, there was something for everyone.

Rogue run > your lifes.

the people hate the Rogue legacy coz Rogneto, even we the fact that is the best XPAIRING since Emmclops (Morrison Whedon)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue run > your lifes.

the people hate the Rogue legacy coz Rogneto, even we the fact that is the best XPAIRING since Emmclops (Morrison Whedon)
    Switch "best" with "most interesting" and your entire post is on point.

Carey's run was pretty much my current favorite next to Gillen's E-Team. I actually enjoyed the Rogue bits. He used a ton of students who are now once again wallpaper and gave us the only good tie-in for Necrosha. I still read Earth, give up your dead. Was it a rumor or was it confirmed he planned to swap POVs after fixing Rogue's powers but got stuck with her because of the shakes ups?

I just finished binge-reading the Xavier Legacy run, and I loved it! I'm about to crack open the Rogue stuff (I've read bits and pieces, but I'm trying to do a read-through of as many X-Men books as possible, with Messiah CompleX as a starting point, and I'm at Nation X. The X-Men Legacy tie-ins to that are the next things I have to read.

BANNED

The Rogue run, especially the earlier part of it, was the best X-run in the last 20 years.

Mike Carey is the best not-Claremont X-writer.

The "Rogue and the X-Men" phase it gets into after Legacy-Xavier is still way more balanced than either of the stealth Jeen/Cyclops solo books Bendis wrote.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

It's a decisive NAY from me. I tried to get into Carey's run ... I really did ... but in all honesty I've never read a more boring X-run (and I even include "Supernovas"). Slow pacing, poor characterization (yeah, I said it) and too much of a focus on specific characters (Xavier and Rogue) as opposed to a thoughtful look at the team as a whole.

"Age of X" was cool, though. That I liked.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

he could have added a little humour

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Mike Carey is the best not-Claremont X-writer.

The "Rogue and the X-Men" phase it gets into after Legacy-Xavier is still way more balanced than either of the stealth Jeen/Cyclops solo books Bendis wrote.
    I'd put the highs of Lobdell (Age of Apocalypse) above Carey but Carey never had the lows Lobdell had. Otherwise I agree, best ever non Claremont writer.

BANNED

It started with a lot of enthusiasm and potential. It was also refreshing seeing someone pull out obscure characters back into the fold. He's one of the few writers we've had in decades with some style. Especially in contrast to Brubaker and Fraction's x-tra bland writing.

Spectacular Member

I loved his entire run. Would have liked to have seen him move on to another character after he fixed Rogue. Still though, a great time for X-Men fans.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

First half was rock solid.

Second half was ruined by the cringe-worthy MikeNeto stuff.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-11-2016 at 11:32 PM.