Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Avengers #6 - Spoilers

As seen in the previous issue, the remaining members of 20XX Avengers travelled to the past in hopes of defeating Moridun.

• NA and 20XX Avengers fight over Wiccan
    • During the fight, they spoil some future events like Captain America's death and the Eternity War
    • Marvel Woman is the daughter of Songbird and one of the members of Blue Marvel's family
    • King Hulk tries to kill Wiccan as he is already corrupted by Moridun and is stopped by Hulkling
    • Billy escapes Moridun's grasp with Noto as guest artist
    • Moridun's true form is a talking squid
    • Happy ending for future-Hulkling, drawn by Bagley

Next: White Tiger vs White Tiger
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Teddy and Billy get domestic bliss in the future and I am so happy with that .
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

Old!Billy at the end look sorta like Strange with no 'stache.

Also interesting how inner-Billy is the previous era's costume/art-style of Billy.

Ewing made me cry with both his books today. Good work. The dude is nailed it. Which is weird, because before the ANAD relaunch, I found his books boring and didn't understand why people kept raving about the Loki book.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I LOVED this issue. It made me smile more than a few times.

I'm glad everything worked out for the boys. I was a tad concerned. I like that future Billy looks like Dr. Strange as it has been hinted multiple times that he will become Sorcerer Supreme eventually. It's a neat little nod to that. Guest artists were cool too. I liked them better than the regular artist actually. Although I will give Sandoval credit for this one...

New Avengers (2015-) 006-018.jpg

That's just beautiful.

Yaas! That scene was so nice. The "let me help your mouth to taste better" thing was well-played And the ending was just so cuuuute.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm glad it's a happy ending for those two. Also, if Marvel Woman is Songbird's daughter with a member of Blue Marvel's family, I'm guessing the father is Blue Marvel's son, who did seem to have similar powers to his father from what I saw of him in Al Ewing's Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. (Would've read his Mighty Avengers, too, but a lot of it was done by Greg Land and I despise that man's art with the passion of a million exploding suns.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I'm glad everything worked out for the boys. I was a tad concerned. I like that future Billy looks like Dr. Strange as it has been hinted multiple times that he will become Sorcerer Supreme eventually. It's a neat little nod to that. Guest artists were cool too. I liked them better than the regular artist actually. Although I will give Sandoval credit for this one...

New Avengers (2015-) 006-018.jpg

That's just beautiful.
    I want this pic as my cellphone wallpaper so much! But only if i can find it without the KingHulk panels at the bottom.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Ewing made me cry with both his books today. Good work. The dude is nailed it. Which is weird, because before the ANAD relaunch, I found his books boring and didn't understand why people kept raving about the Loki book.
    His last issue of Captain america and the mighty avengers was the first comic book to ever make me cry. That's a great issue if you didn't check it out.

Yea I loved this issue with Billy speech about negative thoughts, Captain america's "I am the shield" and the ending all put a huge smile on my face. Ewing has had some slow issues since the relaunch but when he nails it he effing nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    Yea I loved this issue with Billy speech about negative thoughts
    The best part of that speech was that I've thought those same exact things while reading Lovecraft and being "Really? That's C'thulhu's big power? He makes people anxious? Pfft." So the speech was both emotional, and made me chuckle. That's Joss Whedon level writing when I am tearing up and laughing simultaneously.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I want this pic as my cellphone wallpaper so much! But only if i can find it without the KingHulk panels at the bottom.
    There's always cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    His last issue of Captain america and the mighty avengers was the first comic book to ever make me cry. That's a great issue if you didn't check it out.

Yea I loved this issue with Billy speech about negative thoughts, Captain america's "I am the shield" and the ending all put a huge smile on my face. Ewing has had some slow issues since the relaunch but when he nails it he effing nails it.
    And grown-up Dani Cage was there, too? Even better!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I hate time travel glad this story arc not extend too much. But have to admit it was a good issue with a beautiful ending.

Not to mention that some spoilers about a possible future marvel event as revealed as well as other revelations on this team of avengers of the future.

The end confused me Teddy (King Hulk) still had the memories of what happened when he returned for the future?

Death of Captain America? Which one?

I get the feeling Ewing is gonna do the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I hate time travel glad this story arc not extend too much. But have to admit it was a good issue with a beautiful ending.

Not to mention that some spoilers about a possible future marvel event as revealed as well as other revelations on this team of avengers of the future.

The end confused me Teddy (King Hulk) still had the memories of what happened when he returned for the future?
    I guess they did some kind of Life is Strange time-travel thing. It's kinda impossible to explain, lol.