Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Finally! A happy future!

    We need more of these.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  2. #17

    Default

    I loved it. "A voice in my head that doesn't like me? That's your big horror?"
    It's especially telling that this mental confrontation featured a gay character--even though it wasn't specifically said, we can read the subtext...these are the internalized confusion and self-loathing and fear that so many queer teens and adults deal with on a daily basis, whether they're out or not. So having someone like Wicc-Demiur-Billy stand up to the nasty voice in his head and quite literally expunge it, and then seal the deal with a big ol' gay kiss with the love of his life and future husband... it's a nice way to send the message.

    And MAN, I'm glad they didn't drag out the Moridun plot with him festering inside Billy for the next year or something.

  3. #18

    Default

    Can not wait for Ewing to show his true color in the crossover event Eternity War.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Ragdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Can not wait for Ewing to show his true color in the crossover event Eternity War.
    Ewing had me at "Eternity War".

    Quote Originally Posted by oneminutemonkey View Post
    And MAN, I'm glad they didn't drag out the Moridun plot with him festering inside Billy for the next year or something.
    haha I expected that to be the case. Instead, they wrapped it up in one neat, concise arc.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member Byakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess they did some kind of Life is Strange time-travel thing. It's kinda impossible to explain, lol.
    And it's a future timeline that existed pre-Secret Wars, which somehow kept intact post-Secret Wars. Which then appears to have been warped again now.

    Comicbooks, 'tis a silly place.

  6. #21
    Fantastic Member Magnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    465

    Default

    I also liked the future Teddy was not walking around green. Teddy is really only green when in combat. Usually he looks... Well, like a person. Something that's been missing thus far in this series.

  7. #22

    Default

    This was fantastic stuff. First off, Dani's great. "I am the shield!" seems to be her catchphrase - she said it in the Avengers Forever series Ewing and Davis did, too. We get a definite hint that Songbird and Max Brashear will hook up, which is interesting. And since Max won't be hooking up with Toni, that means she's free to start a relationship with Pod. Yep, I'm still pushing that.

    But the real meat of the issue was Billy and Moridun. It was great. I know some people didn't like Billy's lack of confidence in the first issue, but between that and this issue, it just makes me like the character more. Because we've all been there. Some of us live there. But we keep going. We fight just to get through each day, even when it hurts. That's heroism, right there. Every day we drag our asses out of bed when we'd rather just lay there feeling miserable, we are goddamn heroes.

    So I love Ewing using Billy to explore that.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    This was fantastic stuff. First off, Dani's great. "I am the shield!" seems to be her catchphrase - she said it in the Avengers Forever series Ewing and Davis did, too. We get a definite hint that Songbird and Max Brashear will hook up, which is interesting. And since Max won't be hooking up with Toni, that means she's free to start a relationship with Pod. Yep, I'm still pushing that.
    Typo! That was Ultron Forever.

    What if Songbird hooked up with Kevin Brashear instead though?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess they did some kind of Life is Strange time-travel thing. It's kinda impossible to explain, lol.
    I understand think should never expect time travel make any sense but can not simply ignore certain things and turn off the brain well thank you anyway.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Decent issue though I felt the story was a little bit rushed, particularly since we never really got to see how Songbird felt about the news that she has a daughter in the future, though to be fair that could be touched on in the next issue. If it's not touched upon in any upcoming issues I'd be disappointed.

    Other than that I liked the art work and I liked the fact that the bad guy was defeated because Ted was able to reach Billy.

    Edit: Forgot to mention the speech, nicely handled and good speech.

    Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 02-11-2016 at 08:10 AM.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Finally! A happy future!

    We need more of these.
    Was a nice change, I agree.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Typo! That was Ultron Forever.

    What if Songbird hooked up with Kevin Brashear instead though?
    Right, yes. Ultron Forever. As far as Songbird hooking up with Kevin: Unlikely. Max Brashear is a part of the New Avengers supporting cast. He's already been introduced in that title. While it's possible Ewing is setting up a twist, simple narrative reality makes it unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Decent issue though I felt the story was a little bit rushed, particularly since we never really got to see how Songbird felt about the news that she has a daughter in the future, though to be fair that could be touched on in the next issue. If it's not touched upon in any upcoming issues I'd be disappointed.
    Well . . . what's to react to, really? I'm assuming she hoped to have kids at some point in her life, since most people do.

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well . . . what's to react to, really? I'm assuming she hoped to have kids at some point in her life, since most people do.
    Whilst it may be true that she's hoping to have kids at some point, (I haven't read anything that would confirm or dismiss that guess) I assume it'd still be a shock for her to meet a future daughter, especially since she's yet to give birth to said daughter, it's not like it's something you do everyday LOL you know compared to fighting in space and everything LOL.

    Having said that she could easily make a comment about it or something in the next issue so it could be a moot point LOL.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Outta Town
    Posts
    2,251

    Default

    Could this be a hint that Genis could be back?

  15. #30
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Could be. Stranger things have happened.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •