Super Moderator

Default "All-New, All-Different Avengers" #5 Kicks Ms. Marvel Off the Team, Reveals Vision's True Allegiances

Mark Waid and Mahmud Asrar's "All-New, All-Different Avengers" #5 reveals why Ms. Marvel got the boot, what Vision has been up to all along and more.

Full article here.

OH MAN, I just finished reading this issue (glad I did so before seeing this headline, though it doesn't really give away much of what makes the issue what it is) and it is SO GOOD. Like, I was literally stopping and saying "this is so good!!" out loud every other page.

I had high hopes for this series when it was announced, but this is the first issue to meet and surpass those expectations. Just really strong characterization for the entire team, and an abundance of very interesting, interconnected plots that are all clear and don't seem to be fighting for space.

Ms. Marvel, Thor and Sam Wilson are among my current favorite solo books, and Waid and Asrar do them all justice. I'm not caught up Vision or Iron Man (and have never really read this Nova) but everyone seems well serviced here, and it's really a joy to see them bouncing off each other, as the appeal of an Avengers book theoretically SHOULD be, but so rarely is to this extent.

I have been saving the first five issues and read them over the last few days. I quite like what they're doing, but wasn't keen on the change of artwork. I preferred Kubert's in the first few issues personally.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Kubert is a tough act to follow for a lot of artists. Still liked the art though.

Really looking forward to issue 6.

Niffleheim

Why were complaining about this book? Granted i read all five today but i've loved everything about the team and the villains since the beginning. I loved Warbringer from Nova being threaded in the Avengers arc - nice touch. Honor the Dynasty

The best writing for Nova seems to be on ANAD Avengers. I miss Duggan on Nova's solo.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-13-2016 at 01:19 PM.

i hope kamala and sam dont stay kicked off for too long. i really like this book but i really want ms. marvel in it and i love her dynamic with nova here. i find it weird though that both ms. marvel and nova got kicked out but no stories make the slightest mention of it happening to nova too. he got punted right out the front door and no one cares lol
    Current Pull List:
    DC (Rebirth): All-Star Batman, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Justice League
    Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Power Man and Iron Fist, Spider-Gwen
    Image: The Walking Dead
    Dark Horse: Dept-H

Titles that I wish I could afford to also follow
    All-New All-Different Avengers, Scooby Apocalypse

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    i hope kamala and sam dont stay kicked off for too long.
    I thought for a moment that you meant that Captain America was kicked off the team.

This obviously lasts only for the Kang arc. Both kicked off characters are shown in previews and covers as still on the team. The real big deal here is that Cap knows Thor is Jane Foster now. This book has been great! It's a delightful change of pace from the previous Avengers flagship.

So where does Tony lose all his wealth? Was it in a previous Iron Man run?

I'm personally hoping Asrar will be the only artist from now on. Kubert can get detailed, but he's very inconsistent, especially in the facial area. Plus, I like the Saturday morning cartoon feel of Asrar.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, I'm personally on Team Asrar - Kubert's art on this book has been kind of lifeless. Asrar has style and energy.

Wait, what if the All-New All-Different Vision is a Jonas?! What if Victor Shade has been defeated prior to the series. That would be a Kang connection.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”