Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can't believe #9 is out next week.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I really like Hellboy's dreamy journey through hell. Will be cool to see how Mike will wrap it up. I'm sure there'll be some major surprises.

Hope they'll get a library edition out soon enough as well. Would Hellboy in hell make for a whole volume? Perhaps if coupled with House of living dead (and what's left of Hellboy in Mexico) and Midnight circus? Hellboy library edition 7 "Hellboy in Mexico. Hellboy in Hell" so to speak
    I feel like Hellboy in Hell will likely make up one Library Edition, possibly with Midnight Circus included.

Hellboy in Mexico would probably go in to a later collection, though what stories would go in their is an unknown.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    Can't believe #9 is out next week.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw it in the letter column this week. I can't believe it's almost over...

There's a preview out there now, but it's rather long. Be forewarned. (I didn't read it, but I looked at it)

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I feel like Hellboy in Hell will likely make up one Library Edition, possibly with Midnight Circus included.

Hellboy in Mexico would probably go in to a later collection, though what stories would go in their is an unknown.
    I'm sure it will be it's own Library edition. There's 10 full issues, plus the one short in DHP that feels like it sits between 8-9. I bet Mike has enough sketches to fill the thing up. Maybe they'll wait and include his "year" of paintings, since it sounds like he's essentially going to be painting his "Hell."

You could include Midnight Circus as it does have some ties to the In Hell story.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm sure it will be it's own Library edition. There's 10 full issues, plus the one short in DHP that feels like it sits between 8-9. I bet Mike has enough sketches to fill the thing up. Maybe they'll wait and include his "year" of paintings, since it sounds like he's essentially going to be painting his "Hell."
    I'm reasonably certain Hellboy in Hell will be in its own library edition. Having some of those paintings in there would be incredible. Fingers crossed.

I hope we get them in some kind of book at some point, regardless of any connection to In Hell.

Spectacular Member

My three favorite parts of this were Hellboy saying "screw that I want a divorce", Hellboy's wife essentially assuming the role of Lady Macbeth and Hell literally freezing over.

I thought Hellboy's ex-wife would be out for revenge after he broke it off with her in Mexico, but she was actually quite pleasant.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

What a beautiful book. Once again, soaking in Mike and Dave's sequential work is truly something to behold. This is art unparalleled in the comic book world, and we are beyond lucky (and smart!) to be fans.

All of that being said, I have to admit to finding this issue slightly jarring when juxtaposed to the last couple of issues. Not really a big deal when considering the amount of time between releases, but this narrative may be more noticeable once collected. A minor qualm to be sure. And yes I both admire and applaud Mike's desire to do whatever he likes. I've said before that I've become a bigger fan of the man and his ethic than any of his creations.

With this issue we can clearly see that things are wrapping up in huge ways across the Mignola line of books. What's to come is anyone's guess, but I have no doubt it will be epic.

Long live Hellboy. Even if he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    I have to admit to finding this issue slightly jarring when juxtaposed to the last couple of issues. Not really a big deal when considering the amount of time between releases, but this narrative may be more noticeable once collected.
    You mean the recap aspect of it?

I didn't mind. I rather liked that it made me go back to the previous issues for multiple reasons. There's a lot of wonderful call backs and if you re read the issues you get a better sense of where this is all going. I won't say more until it's over.

It was fun going back and looking for her in the previous issues, though.

This series is sooo good!
    We saw all the important women in Hellboy's life: his mother, Alice, his sister, his wife... i wonder if he will found next issue the other important woman, maybe the most important: Nimue. What do you guys think? Do you think HB will kill Belzeebub and end Hell?

What crazy feels I had reading this issue. Happy and sad all over the place. I can't wait for this all to be in one library edition, but better yet!!! ... another Artist Edition would be most exciting! I hope this happens.

Spectacular Member

less than a month till #10 drops, can't wait to see what the future holds for the big guy if there will be one. Loved that panel at the end with the swords/daggers, sticking into the tree and the pool of blood on the ground but Hellboy gone.

Amazing Member

I'm going through several reviews, and it looks like Mike will take at least a year just doing art as a free artist, which is great.
    I don't think that really means he's finishing Hellboy. He's finishing Hellboy In Hell for sure, but not Hellboy as a series.
    At one moment he said he was freaking out over the last page, thinking he still has things haven't do and was plotting sequels.
    But I guess the most concrete answer for now would be there is no concrete answer...yet.

There isn't much about the possibility of Hellboy returning to Earth or influencing other titles.
    I'm guessing Mike prefers to have his books standalone, which is fair given it's been quite a while since the Conqueror worms and people who only read BPRD after may have a difficult time accepting a "new" character suddenly taking a lead.
    But say with Mike not having any real plan lay out for the character and BPRD comes to a big world shattering event, do you think the writers will have a chance to use it as a chance to slowly reintroduce Hellboy?

Amazing Member

I was rereading King of Fear the other day and in looking over those panels where Liz sees the future pictures of the BPRD team, I'm becoming more and more convinced that eventually Hellboy will return to the team. I'm not sure how or why yet--presumably it's a long way away. But in every other way the roadmap seems to be leading there so it seems like a logical conclusion that we'll see it happen. Maybe in the very, very finale.

Aside ponderance: Is it possible that Memnan Saa's plan was to evacuate some of humanity into Frankenstein's Hollow Earth realm, but then when Liz torched the entire Hollow Earth, she destroyed that too, dooming the world to Saa's vision? That'd be daaaaaaark...