Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    So is this the last of Hellboy story in the current timeline? I'm a little confused. All the interviews I've read in regards to these final 2 issues of Hellboy in Hell seem to imply it's the final stories for Hellboy in the current timeline. Is that the case? Anybody know? I know were getting past tales in Hellboy and the BPRD but I'm hoping we continue to see big red in the current timeline as BPRD and all the others progress.
    Unknown at this point. We'll find out when Hellboy in Hell #10 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Didn't mr Mike himself mention that he actually killed Hellboy off in "Hellboy: The Island" already, as published in 2005, but that "it didn't really take"?

Hellboy did receive a tomb (or actually: a cake) upon his getting slain in "Hellboy: The Fury", but by means of the storytelling he appeared already dead a good bit in the comics before that it would seem.

Unknown at this point. We'll find out when Hellboy in Hell #10 comes out.
    I'd agree that for being sure or for experiencing the actual story ending firsthand one would have to read it first. Meaning there's at least still two more comics for Hellboy to go.

But it does seem to me mr Mike is saying himself that there won't be any more Hellboy comics to come after Hellboy In Hell #10 (aside of flashbacks in Hellboy & the BPRD), also since Hellboy would be a creator-owned comic character unlike other superheroes.

Which will be finite and potentially sad and all that but realistically, it's also all kinds of awesome to be sure! Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-17-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

In this interview he says he's already starting plotting sequels to Hellboy in Hell. That he might not draw them, but there are plenty more things for Hellboy to do there (in Hell?).

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    In this interview he says he's already starting plotting sequels to Hellboy in Hell. That he might not draw them, but there are plenty more things for Hellboy to do there (in Hell?).
    No, I believe mr Mike is looking back on the experience. Apparently there was a lot of scrapping and anxiety but the issue as how it is will come out the way it does and that will be it. With no sequels or such.

EDIT: I did come across what does appear to read kinda weird-like in the text (if this would indeed be what you are referring to):

The minute I finished, the minute I drew the last page, which was a nightmare for me, I started freaking out: “Holy **** is that really the last page of my Hellboy in Hell stuff?” So I started plotting sequels to it. I don’t know that I would go back and draw more of the adventures of Hellboy in Hell but I know there are a ton of things left for him to do there. It would be a radically different kinds of stories than what I’ve been doing.
    The bolded part at first sounds as if mr Mike is saying there could be still a ton of things left for Hellboy to do in Hell. But he then concludes with saying that any of those things would be too radically different, so instead of those mr Mike went with wrapping it all up as how the two remaining issues are gonna.

And mr Mike started this interview out by explaining how anything to the Hellboy storytelling mainly revolves around "keeping things organic", how it came as a "realization" to be starting Hellboy (In Hell), both as when to be ending it - because the story seemed to be appearing at such a point.
    Or at least that's how I would be reading it.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-18-2016 at 09:41 AM.

All-New Member

I trust Mike and whole team of Hellboy writers. My only reason for asking was because of his appearance in Liz's visions of the future as well as some of his prophecy that seems to imply he has some things to do. They've always been so good it at tying and pulling things together that I guess I'm kind of assuming this is it for Hellboy in Hell and maybe Hellboy himself for a while but most likely he'll be back at some point when the third arc of BPRD starts wrapping up. Maybe someone else will be drawing current Hellboy for a bit. That's fine by me. The Fegredo run was fantastic. Whatever happens, I'm sure its going to be blast just like everything they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    I trust Mike and whole team of Hellboy writers. My only reason for asking was because of his appearance in Liz's visions of the future as well as some of his prophecy that seems to imply he has some things to do. They've always been so good it at tying and pulling things together that I guess I'm kind of assuming this is it for Hellboy in Hell and maybe Hellboy himself for a while but most likely he'll be back at some point when the third arc of BPRD starts wrapping up. Maybe someone else will be drawing current Hellboy for a bit. That's fine by me. The Fegredo run was fantastic. Whatever happens, I'm sure its going to be blast just like everything they put out.
    It could be that Hellboy as a protagonist will conclude with HIH #10, eventhough the aftermath of that is gonna ring through in the other titles still to come. With no reunions or further interactions. As a reader I would personally be thinking this likely.

Hellboy never got to being reunited with any of his friends or fellow agents, not Liz and not Abe and not Prof Bruttenholm, save Edward Grey.
    So with the end in sight the chance for such seems slimmer only the more. Whereas the closest to an interaction between Hellboy and the BPRD may have occurred in BPRD: The King Of Fear, in which Hellboy makes an appearance of sorts. Would be my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Didn't mr Mike himself mention that he actually killed Hellboy off in "Hellboy: The Island" already, as published in 2005, but that "it didn't really take"?
    Yeah, at the end of the first issue. Then in the second issue Hellboy decides to keep living.
    It could be that Hellboy as a protagonist will conclude with HIH #10, even though the aftermath of that is gonna ring through in the other titles still to come.
    That seems likely to me. Honestly, I'm of two minds with a 50/50 split. This could be the end of the continuing Hellboy story, or it could just be the end of Hellboy in Hell. I would like to see the events of King of Fear come into play eventually, but it feels too soon. Maybe that's further down the road, in however many years it takes for the third cycle of B.P.R.D. to play out. And maybe it'll play out in the pages of B.P.R.D, not Hellboy.
    Last edited by middenway; 03-18-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Adding the close quote tag

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=middenway;1871790]
    Yeah, at the end of the first issue. Then in the second issue Hellboy decides to keep living.

That seems likely to me. Honestly, I'm of two minds with a 50/50 split. This could be the end of the continuing Hellboy story, or it could just be the end of Hellboy in Hell. I would like to see the events of King of Fear come into play eventually, but it feels too soon. Maybe that's further down the road, in however many years it takes for the third cycle of B.P.R.D. to play out. And maybe it'll play out in the pages of B.P.R.D, not Hellboy.
    That would be cool, As if Hellboy himself came full circle and back sharing the pages with his former buddies, Not necessarily on the same side though. Like others have said however it goes down there are still many years of Mignolaverse stories to be told with or without Hellboy, Finite stories are my favourite.

Spectacular Member

There seems to be quite a few people on the net looking for bad reasons as to why Hellboy in Hell #10 is the final issue. Can't people just enjoy the story and not think things like Mike's burnt out or his hearts not in it anymore, Way to much negativity. At least it's not Marvel/DC and getting re-treads of the same characters again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    That would be cool, As if Hellboy himself came full circle and back sharing the pages with his former buddies, Not necessarily on the same side though.
    Pretty much, yeah. And any stuff still becoming to get further resolve or revisitation, as having to do with the pages of Hellboy or be it the BPRD, could still be getting such, even if Hellboy would be appearing out of reach himself.

I'm guessing Hellboy's coming full circle won't have to mean that either the Apocalypse or the future would just intantaneously'd be going all bellyup just like that, even if the premisse to it all could hardly be meaning much else.
    It seems to me the BPRD won't continue on forever, nor that they would just throw in the towel before paychecks might come to be bouncin', but it seems they'd be sticking it out for as long as it takes for stories to become told, in full.

I'm personally intending on following any of that through until [SPOILER]the end[/TAG].

(And the way I figure the most recent sollicitations, is that not only Hellboy is gonna get wrapped up right quick, but also there's gonna be a big reveal on what's with Abe in a single issue. Gonna be reading that.)
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-18-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: to add (in moderation).

Amazing Member

and the cover for the last trade collection - The Death Card

HBYIHV2_TPB_CVR.jpg

It hurts.. .

I did not realize #9 is out next week, but #9 is out next week.

I'm really going to miss this book.

Mighty Member

I really like Hellboy's dreamy journey through hell. Will be cool to see how Mike will wrap it up. I'm sure there'll be some major surprises.

Hope they'll get a library edition out soon enough as well. Would Hellboy in hell make for a whole volume? Perhaps if coupled with House of living dead (and what's left of Hellboy in Mexico) and Midnight circus? Hellboy library edition 7 "Hellboy in Mexico. Hellboy in Hell" so to speak