Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    My speculation from the beginning is that Uatu or at least Uatu's consciousness is not dead. His father saved it so that Uatu can assume a new identity to start doing and not just watching, just like his father has been doing.
    I would be very surprised if, at the end of all this, there isn't a Watcher on the moon again, whether it's Uatu or someone else.

Anyone else feels that Gamorra got badly jobbed in this issue ?
    Nevermind the characterization who felt really off at times, it's a huge let down compared to the last one (who wasn't exceptional either in this department, but at least not bad, just meh).

Still enjoying the event so far, but it needs to pick up the pace AND not let go of characterization the way it happened in this issue.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I would be very surprised if, at the end of all this, there isn't a Watcher on the moon again, whether it's Uatu or someone else.
    Uatu's mate Ulana and their child are still there, for now.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Nick Fury was an LMD the entire time? WOW. Did not see that one coming.
    Comics!?!??! He was the most "sophisticated LMD" Winter Soldier ever saw. Boo. I was more into a storyline where Nick Fury Sr was abruptly and brutally killed. It made sense to off him so that the Marvel U could move forward w/ Nick Jr aka Samuel L. Jackson. Who knows, maybe they still kill off Sr by the end of the arc. I at least can appreciate that Nick Sr is an old man w/ a cane now, but I need for Marvel to take more risk than a single wow moment in issue #3 which gets ret-conned next issue.

Extraordinary Member

Not at all surprised by the 'reveal', really predictable but, excusing that! This event is brilliant.

BANNED

Fury sr. Is going to become the new watcher of Earth. Worlds greatest spy & keeper of secrets replaces cosmic keeper of secrets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Nevermind the characterization who felt really off at times, it's a huge let down compared to the last one (who wasn't exceptional either in this department, but at least not bad, just meh).

Still enjoying the event so far, but it needs to pick up the pace AND not let go of characterization the way it happened in this issue.
    Everyone gets jobbed in Marvel.
    Gambit, The Thing, Wolverine, Thor, Spider-man parker, Iron Man Nightcralwer pre death, Doctor Strange,
    Doctor Doom, and Rogue. Just wish for someone else's favorite to get jobbed on a daily
    basis and before long Gamora under different writer will be back to competence. I'm looking
    forward to Loki getting job myself.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I haven't read all of the crossovers, but doesn't the Eye just reveal something about yourself and not others? Like how Cap finds out about his involvement with the Illuminati? So the only person who would see who killed Uatu is the killer(s) themselves. Unless the Orb was actually able to see everything in the eye like he was trying to when he had control of it.
    In Deadpool, SHIELD agents Preston and Adsit see things about Deadpool, not themselves. Preston sees that Deadpool's daughter is still alive while Adsit saw Deadpool's childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    In Deadpool, SHIELD agents Preston and Adsit see things about Deadpool, not themselves. Preston sees that Deadpool's daughter is still alive while Adsit saw Deadpool's childhood.
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    Fury sr. Is going to become the new watcher of Earth. Worlds greatest spy & keeper of secrets replaces cosmic keeper of secrets
    Aren't the Watchers and individual race? Why give the job to a human when there are many of them?

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Or perhaps he looks around 80 or older because that's how old he really is, no infinity formula. Remember, Steve Rodgers is around that age and they are contemporaries.
    I don’t know. If Nick was 80 that would mean he was born 1934. But he was a Sergeant in WWII though, so I think Nick has to be at least 90. Steve is his contemporary, and I believe they were talking about his 90th birthday at the beginning of Remender’s recent run, which saw him subsequently spend an additional 12 years in Dimension Z. So he’s got to be around 100.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Aren't the Watchers and individual race? Why give the job to a human when there are many of them?
    Plus, Uatu did have a wife and a kid that still live on the Moon.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    technically he is most pacifistic than Uatu was because it was his LMDs that did all those things

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I don’t know. If Nick was 80 that would mean he was born 1934. But he was a Sergeant in WWII though, so I think Nick has to be at least 90. Steve is his contemporary, and I believe they were talking about his 90th birthday at the beginning of Remender’s recent run, which saw him subsequently spend an additional 12 years in Dimension Z. So he’s got to be around 100.
    That's why i said "80 or older". Fury and Steve were born around 1923-24.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Nope, Bucky didn't beat her neither did Emma
    We need better comics

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

"Furies"? LOL guess I am not the only person that read's Star Trek novels

Loved the lastest issue. I like that Nick SR is old as dirt. Makes the comics world seem more real.... Really like his character and all he has done; As a "normal guy" he is probably the most bad A$$ hero ever!

Cannot wait for #5