Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Original Sin #4 Spoilers

While this issue spends a lot of time focusing on characters talking among themselves and less time with action I have to say I liked it a lot. The big reveal in particular was inspired I think. I reviewed the whole issue with pictures here if anyone is interested.

Onto spoilers!

The issue opens with Dr. Strange and Punisher basically recapping things. They then spoilers:
    run into Wolverine and Hulk who are standing over Fury's body. They fight in typical fashion.
    end of spoilers All of the characters bleed onto the page quite nicely and you’ll find yourself believing they are all different and interesting snowflakes. We also join Black Panther, Emma Frost and Ant-Man for a time, although they don’t quite get enough character moments as the others. It looks like all these crews will be joining up soon though, as even Moon Knight’s come into the fold by issues end. Essentially we have a nice issue that wraps up last issue’s mystery, why did Bucky kill Nick Fury, and a culmination of all the heroes into one room. That means less cutting between groups, at least for the time being.

The biggest reveal though is that spoilers:
    Nick Fury was a robot...made of blood and the most advanced of its kind that Bucky claims to know about. Hm.
    end of spoilers

The art by Mike Deodato Jr. is a little stifling. I think it may be due to how much shadow is cast in every panel, but it’s as if the walls are coming in on our heroes. The thing is, that isn’t necessarily something that helps the story. There’s definitely a sense of dread and danger that’s lingering, but it’s a bit too much. At times it makes things feel so claustrophobic and unsettling and that feeling isn’t really necessary for a scene. Case in point, a moment of humor is almost made negative and depressing due to the art. It doesn’t work at all times, albeit it’s still masterfully done. I just don’t think it fits the story at all times. The event is too positive and light to marry itself to something so dark and brooding.

Okay that's not true, the biggest biggest reveal is that spoilers:
    Nick Fury is old, living on a space station nobody knew about, and all the Nick Fury's we've known were robots.
    end of spoilers now that makes a lot of sense. It doesn't get us any closer to who killed The Watcher really, but I like this development.

What did you guys think?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Might want to change the thread title. #4 is out today.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Damn! How do you change the title, I meant #4! I don't think I can do it.

I think most people saw the spoilers:
    LMD curve
    end of spoilers but my mid was blown by that last page.

spoilers:
    So was there ever actually an infinity formula? Old Fury was definitely an interesting wrinkle but I wonder how much of the MU this changes. Mockingbird for instance supposedly has infinity formula in her blood now.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-18-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Damn! How do you change the title, I meant #4! I don't think I can do it.
    Ahhahahahaha. I'm sorry. I just find this funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    LMD curve

spoilers:
    So was there ever actually an infinity formula? Old Fury was definitely an interesting wrinkle but I wonder how much of the MU this changes. Mockingbird for instance supposedly has infinity formula in her blood now.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe the formula is a lie?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well, a well deserved clap for those who figured out who was who after last issue's shocker.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I liked how everyone clowned on Punisher, "Put that away, Castle, you're embarassing yourself".

Although Bucky went in a little too hard on Punisher, kind of a #### move to be honest, I can see why everyone keeps saying they never liked him.
    Pull List:

LMD curve

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Doesn't Fury Jr as well???
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I liked how everyone clowned on Punisher, "Put that away, Castle, you're embarassing yourself".

Although Bucky went in a little too hard on Punisher, kind of a #### move to be honest, I can see why everyone keeps saying they never liked him.
    When Bucky said the kids thing it was so mean it made me think Bucky is a villain for sure. Then the big reveal and we realize he's just a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Doesn't Fury Jr as well???
    I think so. spoilers:
    Maybe the LMD's actually have some of Fury's blood in them? In case they get captured, as a way of selling the lie.
    end of spoilers I dunno. That's my no prize answer.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    When Bucky said the kids thing it was so mean it made me think Bucky is a villain for sure. Then the big reveal and we realize he's just a jerk.
    Yea. I was hoping there would be a record skip moment and everyone would be like, "Dude. Not cool."
    Pull List:

"I'm not afraid of a man who can't protect his own children?" - Bucky... To FRANK CASTLE.

Out of line, Bucky. Like, WAY out of line.

Yeah... that's... yeah...

That took it too far man
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

While the reveal is certainly interesting, I didn't like the book at all. It was kinda awkward to read.