Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Yeah I was pretty much just whelmed by this issue (and avengers 31 fwiw). Not much happened. And now the event feels like it should be shorter than it is.

BANNED

Fantastic issue!

A lot of good banter and dialog, again Punisher and Strange being a highlight (as well as the Rocket scenes)
    Wolverines whole "this aint what it looks like" followed by the Hulk being exploded out the room was hilarious.
    Bucky was being an ass because no one would listen to him and basically shat on him the whole time - although that children comment. Wow.
    Love Scott's line "Stand down space-ants!" lol that was awesome.

The reveal. It was obvious that Fury was an LMD, but the old man thing took me by surprise.
    My initial guess was that Fury WAS behind everything, but not an aged one with a harem of himself.

So, great issue and glad to see the Orb still around.

BANNED

Dis was a REALLY sweeet issue...d xcter exchngs & bang-on supa-deadly 1-liners r d best we/SZ read in a loong tym.

D old man angle was a surprise & md sense continuity-wise.

BANNED

Mike Deodato jr is, to legs, what Rob Liefeld is to feet

I was underwhelmed by this issue. All the reveals were what was predicted all along.

Punisher and Strange just attacking outright was a bit odd. Not liking how Bucky is acting either. We did however get some vague teases of The Unseen but that may just be an alias of Fury.

Bucky is so out of character here and Logan was one of the first characters in know that Bucky was alive...

Really Jason Aaron your hate to bucky is so obvious and you're not even trying to hide it

Quote Originally Posted by c-ta View Post
    Bucky is so out of character here and Logan was one of the first characters in know that Bucky was alive...

Really Jason Aaron your hate to bucky is so obvious and you're not even trying to hide it
    valid points, although I still find him pretty cool in his badassery.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c-ta View Post

Well, Bucky is being handled poorly and he's not the only character. Marc Spector is also being given the toss over and to a lesser extent, Doctor Strange. This is my last issue of this event. Hopefully I've learned to go back to ignoring events even if favorite characters are involved.

It's not just this, there's a lot of purposeful button pushing and trolling in the character actions and dialog.

Not that Marvel or anyone there cares, but Jason pretty much just wrote himself into my ignore list.

And yet All New Invaders is not selling. < shakes head. >
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Well, Bucky is being handled poorly and he's not the only character. Marc Spector is also being given the toss over and to a lesser extent, Doctor Strange. This is my last issue of this event. Hopefully I've learned to go back to ignoring events even if favorite characters are involved.

It's not just this, there's a lot of purposeful button pushing and trolling in the character actions and dialog.

Not that Marvel or anyone there cares, but Jason pretty much just wrote himself into my ignore list.

And yet All New Invaders is not selling. < shakes head. >
    In Aaron's defense concerning Dr. Strange, he just gave up his soul right, so he'd probably be out of character right now, no?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

People picking on the Punisher is always fun especially if he's an anti hero they've had it coming. Though Bucky comment was damn near OOC
    so you know terrible job by Jason. Poor Gamora still portrayed utterly useless since Bendis's take of the character. As to Fury being LMD not surprising he's Nick Fury as to him being an old man the whole time must have been like this since Battle Scar mini.

Overall Jason's attempt at making a serious event seems more comedic than serious so I'm relieved I need a good laugh from
    an overall subpar event. As the character writing well he seems capable of writing various heroes with different voices buy lousy in
    the personality. The fact he needs a hero vs hero fight is just lazy. My advice should have stayed writing Indie comics.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 06-18-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    In Aaron's defense concerning Dr. Strange, he just gave up his soul right, so he'd probably be out of character right now, no?
    Due to where OS is happening in the timeline that's a possibility.

Wait whats wrong with the way Doctor Strange and Moon Knight are being written?
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Since I haven't read NA since 3, I can't answer that. For me, Strange was the smallest part of my beef. It just feels like characters are being ignored just to write something nasty and/or hopefully clever. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Wait whats wrong with the way Doctor Strange and Moon Knight are being written?
    Moon Knight is being written like someone who is utterly clueless and this guy has years of mercenary/military/tactical knowledge. The small talk dialog with Gamora was not necessary. He's being used for his tech and little else. It comes across like Aaron cares about Marc in the same way Bendis did. Now granted not everyone is a fan, I get that, but his inclusion has been nothing but useless.

Strange, I just feel he's there to make some snide quip about the Punisher and again, for the Ditko-like scenery.

Emma Frost and Gamora were amazing in this issue!