Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    You uh... got me there?

The story was quite different in 100% of execution and maybe 90% of the concept, but the real thing is that it didn't take up four different titles for roughly 10 months.

As for taking away Pre-FP Superman, well, it didn't seem like a whole lot of people wanted that to happen anyway.
    Part of the problem with stories like this where they fundamentally change the character is that they last for up to a year or more. Truth started in, what, June? July? of last year. So we're already up to half a year with an underpowered Superman who runs around in a T-shirt and jeans. A gimmick that Morrison did way better for a much shorter time. I guess I just don't like the idea of an underpowered Superman. It just comes off as lazy writing. They can't come up with anything else so it's "Oh, let's strip him of his powers...again!"

Right now I think that's the biggest problem with the books is that you get these year long story arcs. There's no jumping on point for new readers.

BANNED

'Truth' gets a lot of flak for causing Superman sales to tank, but remember that it was due to the execution of the story, not it's concept. People were open to the change in the status quo and sales were respectable for a while, but started to sink with all the re-writes/rushed art/fill-in art.