Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill, #1

The prelude to the Spring's blockbuster AVENGERS event!
    Hello there and welcome, new resident. You've sure made the right choice in moving to Pleasant Hill-- a friendly small town where burdens are lifted and the sun is always bright... so hide your eyes. Don't let it see you looking its way. Hide if you must. Otherwise it will burn right through you. Pleasant Hill is the kind of place where folks look out for one another. Everyone knows who their neighbors are. But who are you, neighbor?

Full article here.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Well, that looks like it's going to be embarrassing. Bucky, cornered and taken out by SHIELD grunts.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    Well, that looks like it's going to be embarrassing. Bucky, cornered and taken out by SHIELD grunts.
    SHIELD grunts wielding what looks to be weapons using whatever the hell is the blue stuff in that room, to be fair.

BANNED

I would not assume that's the way that scene will end.

I'd like to hope that's not how the scene will play out, but the fact they even got the drop on one of the best secret agents in history is embarrassing enough. Still, glad to see Bucky actually being used, as well as some fluidity in regards to his Man on the Wall business.

If this event weren't spanning across 16 issues and 5+ books, I might've invested in it. Too hard on my wallet unfortunately.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, I'll be getting this. IIRC I get most of the titles that crossover with this any way. Hopefully it'll be good, then again it better had be considering how much 16 issues costs right now LOL.

BANNED

I'm just getting the prelude, the Alpha and Omega bookends and the titles that I already get. Don't feel the need to get every single book involved. I am looking forward to this, though.

I know this is an Avengers crossover with ANAD, Uncanny, and New Avengers, but any idea if A-Force and Squadron Supreme are going to be involved being as they are also Avengers books?

I like Bagley's Winter Soldier.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    I know this is an Avengers crossover with ANAD, Uncanny, and New Avengers, but any idea if A-Force and Squadron Supreme are going to be involved being as they are also Avengers books?
    Here's the checklist

AVENGERS STANDOFF: WELCOME TO PLEASANT HILL *PRELUDE*
    AVENGERS STAND OFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA #1
    AGENTS OF SHIELD #3
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #7
    ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #7
    NEW AVENGERS #8
    HOWLING COMMANDOS OF SHIELD #6
    CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #7
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #8
    NEW AVENGERS #9
    ILLUMINATI #6
    AGENTS OF SHIELD #4
    ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #8
    NEW AVENGERS #10
    CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #8
    AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL OMEGA #1

Not sure which titles would be considered "essential" though. Brevoort's expressed you don't need all of them to get the whole story, but he was coy on which ones were actually needed. I'd assume Captain America at the very least. Probably Uncanny Avengers too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Let's see. My normal pull-list out of that list is: Uncanny Avengers, ANAD Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson so that's 9 I'd get anyway.

The rest: Prelude, Alpha, Omega, Agents of SHIELD, Illuminati and Howling Commandos of SHIELD are the ones I don't and that amounts to 7.

Damn, that's almost double what I'd usually get LOL.

This is the first crossover/event in 4 years that I'm actually not excited for.

Considering the amount of crossover/events they've done in the last 4 years that's not bad going LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Let's see. My normal pull-list out of that list is: Uncanny Avengers, ANAD Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson so that's 9 I'd get anyway.

The rest: Prelude, Alpha, Omega, Agents of SHIELD, Illuminati and Howling Commandos of SHIELD are the ones I don't and that amounts to 7.

Damn, that's almost double what I'd usually get LOL.
    I want to get into this event, but I don't get any of those books, unfortunately

Upcoming Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I want to get into this event, but I don't get any of those books, unfortunately
    Well. For your sake I hope it's crap then so you don't feel too bad for missing out.

For my sake of course I want it to be good so I don't waste my money LOL.