Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Excellent trailer! Excellent minus the cheesy overused lovers in a bath tub bull crap! I already saw that in Texas Rising on History Channel and other places...

Gal Gadot seems okay in the heels/shoes of Diana but I still wish someone else was casting Wonder Wonder. I'd prefer Gal Gadot as Xena The Warrior Princess and either Gemma Arterton or Jennifer Lawrence as Wonder Woman. It's also nice to see Cavil's Superman sporting the signature Supe hair curl. The young Lex Luthor is also growing up me. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie. The Batman sequences seems to flow straight from the Batman Arkham video games and that's a real plus!

I guess DC/WB will never give us Damian Wayne or Supergirl in any of the DC Universe movies.

This was a great trailer and I'm hopeful it will be a great movie. I'm planning to see this and I'm also planning to see "Civil War" (and probably all the other upcoming comic book based movies, for that matter) and I'm going to try to enjoy and judge them all on their own respective merits. I think comparisons and contrasts between "BvS" and "Civil War" are inevitable, given the similarities between the two in terms of theme - and I think that's fair enough, but (at least in my adult comic reading life) I've never really felt the need to chose undying loyalty to one of the major comic publishers' products over another - there have been times I preferred DC comics over Marvel and vice versa. Right now, I pull more Marvel titles than DC, but there have been times when the reverse was true. As for the movies, they are sort of a whole different ballgame anyway and I just try to enjoy them for what they are and I'm thrilled that they are exposing a wider base of people to these characters I have loved since childhood, including my godchildren (who, HAVE, in fact, picked themselves up some comics as a result). The one thing I do hope is a bit different from "Man of Steel" is that the movie just occasionally slow down ever-so-slightly, just long enough to allow the characters more time to breathe, to have a few more smaller moments between the epic fight sequences - those moments that I feel helps to humanize them and make them more relatable. Judging from the trailer, it seems that we might indeed have a few more of these type scenes (which is not to say that I don't also want to see Superman punch things through walls and whatnot - you know, that stuff too).

The scene with Diana and Bruce at the banquet reminds me of their relationship in the Justice League cartoon, especially in the earlier seasons. Heck, the show even has a scene almost exactly like it.

Ultimate Member

That fight scene was freaking EPIC!!

Clark and Lois in a bathtub together, yeah this feels right.

Wonder Woman speaks and, I like her voice. Sounds suitably "exotic" and "mysterious."

That last shot, Kryptonite-induced? I wonder if it was Bruce or Lex who is responsible?

Holy smokes, Batman! That was awesome! It's been a long time coming folks, but we've finally got ourselves a live action Batman with the physical prowess of his comic book counterpart.
    Last edited by Ant-Man; 02-11-2016 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That last shot, Kryptonite-induced? I wonder if it was Bruce or Lex who is responsible?
    We've seen Lex with it, so I think it's like in Azz's Luthor, Lex gives Bruce the Kryptonite.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 02-11-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post
    Excellent trailer! Excellent minus the cheesy overused lovers in a bath tub bull crap! I already saw that in Texas Rising on History Channel and other places...
    That was Lois, right? It might have raised a few more eyebrows if it had been Diana. The later seems to be flirting more with Bruce Wayne, but one wonders if we will see a Superman/Lois/Wonder Woman love triangle develop in the movies. That could be considered cheesy and cliche too, I know - but could be an interesting element, and fresh and unexpected for those not familiar with the current status quo in the comics (though, to be fair, that does seem to be on shaky ground depending on what comics one is reading and whatever possible continuity changes DC has in mind with whatever this thing is they are planning on doing in the near future).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Forever View Post
    That was Lois, right? It might have raised a few more eyebrows if it had been Diana. The later seems to be flirting more with Bruce Wayne, but one wonders if we will see a Superman/Lois/Wonder Woman love triangle develop in the movies. That could be considered cheesy and cliche too, I know - but could be an interesting element, and fresh and unexpected for those not familiar with the current status quo in the comics (though, to be fair, that does seem to be on shaky ground depending on what comics one is reading and whatever possible continuity changes DC has in mind with whatever this thing is they are planning on doing in the near future).
    The woman in the tub definitely looked like a red-head to me. Also given how MOS ends, it makes total sense for it to be Lois.

It was Amy Adams so yea it was Lois. But damn, I've wanted to see Batman fight like that on the big screen for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    The scene with Diana and Bruce at the banquet reminds me of their relationship in the Justice League cartoon, especially in the earlier seasons. Heck, the show even has a scene almost exactly like it.
    I seem to recall they sort of flirted with a potential romantic relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman in the Justice League comic at one time, too (pre "New 52" reboot). It never really went anywhere, but I was always more intrigued by a possible romantic relationship between Bruce and Diana than with the Superman/Wonder Woman hook up, even though I know the later is something many fans wanted to happen for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    That opening Batman fight was awesome but I had to quieten down my complaints that he doesn't have super strength and accept that a man could throw somebody through a wall.
    Wasn't he wearing the Miller armor in that scene? Pretty sure that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Forever View Post
    Hasn't Amy Adams gone on record that there won't be a love triangle?

Excellent trailer. The very last scene is gold

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    Justice League Unlimited was and still is the BEST DC Comics TV show to date. Don't get me wrong however, I love Greg Berlanti's "The Flash", and "Supergirl" but for me personally, I love the animated DC Universe much more than the live action TV shows. I think DC Comics works best in animated TV shows and excellent in live action movies whilst Marvel works best in vice versa. Granted, that's just my personal opinion. I'd just love to see a new animated Teen Titans show with Raven at the forefront. Arrow is cool, at least it's better then the mess Gotham is on FOX.

@Punisher007, Yeah, Amy Adams (Lois Lane) belongs with Clark/Superman. I know there is the new canon DC You comic Superman x Wonder Woman but I prefer to read and believe in Lois and Clark. I grew up with the Christopher Reeves Superman loving Lois and that's how it'll always be for me and yes, you're right Man of Steel was leading up to the love flowing over between Krypton's Last Son and Earth's honest-to-God truth telling Daily Planet reporter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That fight scene was freaking EPIC!!

Clark and Lois in a bathtub together, yeah this feels right.

Wonder Woman speaks and, I like her voice. Sounds suitably "exotic" and "mysterious."

The kryptonite powering the armor is probably slowly sapping Superman's strength to the point where it makes him not much stronger than a normal human enabling Bruce to defeat him. The armor itself is probably constructed from Kryptonian metals.