Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2016 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I want his head on a goddamn stake
    A song, a dance, the Batman's head on a lance.

Don't know why that line came to me when I saw your comment. I just rolled with it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I remember the next game...CitiField was in full roar, they wanted his ass

but settled for beating the Dodgers and sending them home

Yoan Moncada gets the start at 2b for the Red Sox today, pretty excited to check this kid out.

http://mlb-teams.pointafter.com/stor...Atlanta-Braves

MLB starting rotation rankings, from worst to first. I don't agree with some of these. but overall a decent take.

BANNED

this is a 162 game season

if someone told ME (probably the biggest Mets fan in this thread) that the Mets would be in the World Series at the beginning of last season, I would have laughed heartily and then cried a little

Well, gang. Here we are. The final days of Spring Training, opening day descending upon us...

None of these scores matter.

Mariners played about .500 and everyone looked fine, except James Paxton, who just couldn't find his stuff. He will and he'll be a great piece of depth should anything go wrong.

Mets were a big dumpster fire if you looked at the W/L, but who really does that in ST?

Phillies fans might, since they went for .600 despite the terrible season they're predicted to have.

Dbacks were the big ST winner this year.

Buuuuuuuuut none of that matters and real baseball starts on Monday! (or Sunday night, depending...) Thoughts? Predictions? Excitement? Fear?

BANNED

Matt Harvey had the clap, but he's all good now

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My Cubbies will finally win the World Series!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I forgot the Cubs, until I started watching the Cubs/Mets game today.

It's interesting looking back on 2015 ST stats and how the regular season shook out. Some cases of both, the numbers don't matter, and them being pretty accurate.

I cannot wait for Monday, you guys.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    My Cubbies will finally win the World Series!
    Sorry, but it's an even numbered year, so, that means the Giants will win it all. It's what they do.

Meanwhile, my Phillies open the season in Cincinnati. Ahh, baseball! I'm excited!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sorry, but it's an even numbered year, so, that means the Giants will win it all. It's what they do.

Meanwhile, my Phillies open the season in Cincinnati. Ahh, baseball! I'm excited!
    Phillies vs. Reds-the battle of two (of the 8) NL teams willingly vying for most losses this season to try to emulate the Royals/Astros rebuild model. The NL is a bit of a joke this year as almost every competitive team will get a playoff spot so it's just a matter of seeding among those contenders, and it will come down to who has more games vs. teams tanking this season rather than who is the better team.

-M

I wish the AL (especially the West) was like that.

My Mariners open the season with one hell of a hard stretch. Aside from the A's (and who knows, I wouldn't sleep on them) it's teams seriously looking to contend until the middle of May. Hopefully they come out of that above .500.

I'm excited for our pitching staff to get into Safeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I wish the AL (especially the West) was like that.

My Mariners open the season with one hell of a hard stretch. Aside from the A's (and who knows, I wouldn't sleep on them) it's teams seriously looking to contend until the middle of May. Hopefully they come out of that above .500.

I'm excited for our pitching staff to get into Safeco.
    I'm glad the AL isn't like that and I wish the NL weren't. I like seeing the best teams tested, it is the whole point of having a 162 game schedule, making the playoffs should mean something (unlike some leagues where nothing matters until the playoffs). Having half the teams in the league trying to tank basically means the regular season is a wash for the NL. 5 playoff spots for 7-8 teams actually competing for them. Yawn.

I like that the AL East and Central really are wide open and almost any team could take the division, the west looks like a 2 team race, but the other 3 are at least competitive and could surprise people if everything goes right, secondary players have great seasons and everyone stays healthy. I think most of the AL races will go down to the wire and the trade deadline could bring some major shifts in power for those races keeping it interesting all the way into October.

-M

AL West is never boing. There's not a team in there I'd sleep on, personally, because you never know what'll happen in those 162 games... I'm optimistic, I think the Mariners have a legitimate shot of contending in the West this year.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Not going to happen. Not this year.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor