Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2016 Season

M's drop their last two meaningless baseball games. I'd care less if it wasn't the same AA clowns who were garbage last year, too. Hopefully management realizes this and keep them in the class they deserve.

All the A listers were great yesterday, except Cruz, who in his first time out got nothing. Can't wait to see those guys get more time in a game.

Spring Training remains weird, often worthless, open call, amateur try out baseball. Bring on April!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    let's get some Angel's love in here
    Absolutely not.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Phils are on TV at 1 p.m. against the Yankees. Ex-Pirate Charlie Morton takes the hill in his bid to land a spot in our rotation. Since I'm often too lazy to leave the house on Sunday, I'll tune in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Buchholz lookin like Buchholz early for the Sox.

Watching the Mets until the Mariners come on the radio. Ex Dodger great Iwakuma takes the hill today.

Mets finally winning some ST games. Nice little 5th inning there.

Good lord, Baltimore are 0-6. Cleveland just behind em at 0-4.

Real surprise for me is the currently undefeated Brewers. They play a tough division, so I'll be curious to see how they turn out this year.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Cubs fan here. I'm really hoping this is the year. We had a great run last year and added Heyward, Zobrist and Lackey. They also resigned Fowler.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Good lord, Baltimore are 0-6. Cleveland just behind em at 0-4.

Real surprise for me is the currently undefeated Brewers. They play a tough division, so I'll be curious to see how they turn out this year.
    Pfft! I don't pay any attention to won-loss records in spring training. How many times have teams rung up gaudy records in Grapefruit and Cactus leagues, only to stink on wheat in the regular season? It's all a mirage as teams focus on assembling rotations, starting lineups and finalizing 25 man rosters.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! I don't pay any attention to won-loss records in spring training. How many times have teams rung up gaudy records in Grapefruit and Cactus leagues, only to stink on wheat in the regular season? It's all a mirage as teams focus on assembling rotations, starting lineups and finalizing 25 man rosters.
    Yeah, spring training games aren't about winning, it's about evaluating younger players and moving guys around and trying different lineups.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Cubs fan here. I'm really hoping this is the year. We had a great run last year and added Heyward, Zobrist and Lackey. They also resigned Fowler.
    actually kinda rooting for you guys too. got really close last year, ahead of what i thought they'd do

Oh I know the games don't matter. Especially the early ones. Unless you follow the team (and even then) you have no idea who played, for how long, or anything. I don't even know my own team this year.

Still, I just find the numbers interesting to watch. Expectations, big spending, regime changes etc... fun to watch and see what's happening until real baseball starts.

BANNED

ok so Chase Utley is NOT going to be suspended

WTF, sir

WTF

Chase Utley is a piece of garbage, always has been and I can't wait for the Dodgers to come back to CitiField this year

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

WTF, sir

WTF

Chase Utley is a piece of garbage, always has been and I can't wait for the Dodgers to come back to CitiField this year
    Yeah, that was a curious decision. While I loved Chase while he was here in Philly, I hated what he had done. If the Dodgers are smart, they sit Utley during their visit to Flushing in order to avoid, ahem....fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

WTF, sir

WTF

Not really sure how he dodged that bullet, but now we have new rules, so hopefully it won't happen again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, that was a curious decision. While I loved Chase while he was here in Philly, I hated what he had done. If the Dodgers are smart, they sit Utley during their visit to Flushing in order to avoid, ahem....fireworks.
    I want his head on a goddamn stake