Default Anyone else miss May "MayDay" Parker/Spider-girl/Spider-Woman?

I was just catching up on back issues on Marvel Unlimited, and it got me yearning for a continuation of May Parker's story. I don't much care for Spider-Gwen, or Silk even though they are pretty well written books. I do like reading about a character that truly is Peter's successor, and it ignores the whole One More Day debacle. And I would love to see if little Ben Parker would eventually follow his father's and sister's example.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 02-11-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I do miss reading about Mayday. And if Marvel ever felt that it was commercially viable for them to do it again, and or just plain decide to do it. I'd be very happy unless it came at a time when I couldn't afford to buy the book.

I do but at the same time, her story felt complete to me at the end of her original series. It doesn't help that Amazing Spider-Girl was ok, but not great. And that everything that happened since the end of her original run wasn't as good, for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I would like to see how she finally fills her father's shoes now that Spider-Man is truly gone. I can't imagine a more fitting end for a former/semi-retired Spider-Man, sacrificing yourself for your children. As a father myself that really hit a cord with me. MayDay did get a nice wrap up in the "bonus issues" in the Spider-Island event.

BANNED

I think even though Spider-Island was a "wrap up", it doesn't mean they can't use her again. Ultimate Spider-Man lasted for quite a while, and they're not too shy about alternate universe books, so she could still thrive in this market. It would also help them push more female characters if they have "Spider-Girl" as a book- oh wait Slott turned her into Spider-Woman so now she'd just be confused with Jessica. Ugh.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I think even though Spider-Island was a "wrap up", it doesn't mean they can't use her again. Ultimate Spider-Man lasted for quite a while, and they're not too shy about alternate universe books, so she could still thrive in this market. It would also help them push more female characters if they have "Spider-Girl" as a book- oh wait Slott turned her into Spider-Woman so now she'd just be confused with Jessica. Ugh.
    They could always rename her again to avoid confusion if Mayday ever returns

Some possible names: Spider-Lady, Spider-Gal, Ms. Spider, Lady Spiderweb, Queen Spider, or maybe just The Spider

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    They could always rename her again to avoid confusion if Mayday ever returns

Some possible names: Spider-Lady, Spider-Gal, Ms. Spider, Lady Spiderweb, Queen Spider, or maybe just The Spider
    Also, Scarlet Spider is currently available. And I think Arachne is as well. Just to give out more options

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I was just catching up on back issues on Marvel Unlimited, and it got me yearning for a continuation of May Parker's story. I don't much care for Spider-Gwen, or Silk even though they are pretty well written books. I do like reading about a character that truly is Peter's successor, and it ignores the whole One More Day debacle. And I would love to see if little Ben Parker would eventually follow his father's and sister's example.
    She's in Web Warriors right now as we speak... So no, don't really "miss" her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    True, but I think he means in her own series again, focusing on how her life and world and relationships have changed and developed after the Spider-Island backup issues.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    I did not know that. I have been avoiding it since I don't care much for Spider-Gwen. I have heard Spider-Gwen is a pretty well written book, same with Silk but neither character really interests me. Is Web Warriors a decent read?

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I did not know that. I have been avoiding it since I don't care much for Spider-Gwen. I have heard Spider-Gwen is a pretty well written book, same with Silk but neither character really interests me. Is Web Warriors a decent read?
    Imo, it's very lack luster. Mainly focuses on Gwen, but she's not even that well written in this series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    She could be named the AMAZING Spider-woman to fit her new status quo and still have her adventures honoring her father's memory.

Yes, I still miss Mayday and I felt it was a mistake for the alternate Uncle Ben to be involved in her life when she has Kaine and Darkdevil and all the others that supports her and her family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Imo, it's very lack luster. Mainly focuses on Gwen, but she's not even that well written in this series.
    From what I hear, Gwen is so bland in the book that they had to just copy and paste aspects of her personality from Mayday and Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    She could be named the AMAZING Spider-woman to fit her new status quo and still have her adventures honoring her father's memory.

Yes, I still miss Mayday and I felt it was a mistake for the alternate Uncle Ben to be involved in her life when she has Kaine and Darkdevil and all the others that supports her and her family.
    Considering how we have Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man to focus between Peter and Miles, "Amazing Spider-Woman" would be good, as it distinguishes Mayday from Jessica and points to the connection between Mayday and Peter. So… yeah, that would work.