Default Superman should get the same reprint love that Batman is getting...

I don't know if it would help, but we should all spam DC's trade department demanding more Superman stuff. Specifically, the Post-Byrne era.

I know we're finally getting the end of Byrne's run (MoS Vol 9), but DC shouldn't stop there. Let's keep the ball rolling, as so little of post-Byrne through the triangle era has been collected (and most of it was long ago). DC keeps pumping out 90's Batman after 90's Batman, which is great! But I wish Superman would get the same attention. After Man of Steel Volume 9, we're getting a reprint of Panic in the Sky and two "Superman and the Justice Leage" volumes (and in volume 2 he's dead).

Anyway, just my thoughts on it. I'm getting ready to send off all of my back issues soon to get bound into hardcover, which probably means that as soon as I get them back DC will announce MoS Vol 10 or something.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd love to see them continue the "Man of Steel" trades with vol. 10 and beyond, but my guess is they don't think they'd sell well enough without a marketing hook (i.e. Byrne).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd like some more Bronze Age stuff. Is the Wolfman run on Action Comics any good? I'm thinking of tracking it down.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wolfman's alright. None of his stories really tended to be my favorite.

I've been trying to think of a worthwhile way to contact DC about trades for a really long time. I think 1967-1977, based on the quality of the material to scarcity of quality issues ratio, would be my pick to reprint. I'd do it in bulk trades, like the Marvel Epic Collections.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Whatever happened to the Superman Chronicles? There seem to be a lot fewer of them than Batman has for his Chronicles collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Whatever happened to the Superman Chronicles? There seem to be a lot fewer of them than Batman has for his Chronicles collection.

Sales comparisons

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Sales comparisons
    Yeah, that's tough reality. But still, having a massive volume of every character story in chronological order was a bonus.

Retired

I'd like to see a full collection of Martin Pasko's run from the late '70s.