Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Seems like a case where it was like "I need a villain to put in so why not use this character".
    It's even dumber because there's a perfectly good villian going unused, who has an extreme hard on for Scott and was already set up perfectly by Gillen for this sort of thing. Instead we get a character who makes little/no sense shoehorned in at the last second. Bendis.

I think it would have meant more sense if the villain was a human. Now that Dark Beast is dead, another X-villain dead, is there any villain that can take his place?

All-New Member

Another who thought the issue was disappointing - very rushed and anticlimatic

I also interpreted the nano sentinels as just being for the most recent power disturbances... although I would be glad if that was the end of the malfunctioning powers plot device. Non-telepathic Emma Frost in particular just doesn't work (although Bendis has never been able to write her well - even back early in New Avengers when she was there with Sentry's wife). In saying that, it doesn't make sense - in Morrison's run, it was Magneto (albeit on Kick) who fixed them all when Cassandra Nova infected them. Still, if the broken powers are forgotten and it's never mentioned again then I'll let it slide.

But yes, some good points through it all, especially Beast and Cyclops talking like people who used to actually be best friends

Dark Beast? Really? I would have preferred Norman Osborn than him. His motivation doesn't even make sense.
    Well, on to the Will I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    It's even dumber because there's a perfectly good villian going unused, who has an extreme hard on for Scott and was already set up perfectly by Gillen for this sort of thing. Instead we get a character who makes little/no sense shoehorned in at the last second. Bendis.
    I think I'd rather have Sinister be on the shelf for a while. Bendis' voices for his characters can be off at times. Case in point: Emma and X-23. Don't want to roll the dice on someone like Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    nobody wants to read about boring old mister sinister. gillen ran that dud as far as he could be taken.

BANNED

I think I'd rather have Sinister be on the shelf for a while. Bendis' voices for his characters can be off at times. Case in point: Emma and X-23. Don't want to roll the dice on someone like Sinister.
    Well sure, if it's Bendis or The Shelf the latter wins every time.

Someone should post the Astonishing scan of DB on the toilet trolling Wolvie's team. :3

good riddance. that's one less mccoy ruining things for everyone. three more to go.

Agreed. Sinister is way too advanced of a character for Bendis to handle. If he can't write Dame Mystique right, he's in no league to write Sinister. Especially after coming off Mike Carey's excellent portray of him, would only embarrass Bendis more.

You know the funny thing is Dark Beast didn't really have to die here. Scott literally had Triage right there on the scene and since Dark Beast had died recently, he could have been revived right there and then had Scott chosen to.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know the funny thing is Dark Beast didn't really have to die here. Scott literally had Triage right there on the scene and since Dark Beast had died recently, he could have been revived right there and then had Scott chosen to.
    To rip some intelligence out of him about his real motivations and whatever else he's got up his sleeve?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Leave Scott alone. He's getting his revenge on Beast, regardless if its a UA counterpart or not >: D
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

and why would he want to do that?

BANNED

Dark Beast and Nano-machines were to blame. Why am I disappointed at this reveal? All of that build(?) and all we get is a half-hearted Beast troll and the reason for everything in Metal Gear Solid as the big bad. Even Whedon had better villains in his Astonishing X-Men run. Warren Ellis at least took the piss with Kaga. Having Kaga hating the X-Men because they were depressed over being attractive with kick ass powers and sending his meat-sentinels made from Brood and mutant DNA to go wreck their shit.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hulking Dark Beast managed to cram himself into that containment suit.

Then again, cats do tend to look much smaller when they're wet, and their fur isn't all poofed up.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.