Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I think Bendis just didn't want that fourth Beast around to screw things up for the two he introduced.

I don't know where we've landed on the powers thing but I'm guessing this does not mean their powers are fixed. Why would the nanobots give cyclops a power up as well as screw with his control? Magik didn't wind up in custody, I don't think her power up at the same time is a coincidence. I think it's just referring to their recent malfunctions.

BANNED

The epic moment where Cyclops basically said "SHUT THE F*** UP BITCH, This is all your fault!!!" to Maria Hill.

Hijack being useful (and overpowered) was cool.

And it's good to see Dazzler where she belongs, with their old firends the X-Men.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    You are why we can't have nice things.
    I have never been a Dazzler fan; and i may be wrong but i dont think she ever did something so bad to deserve working for Maria Hill and SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post
    The epic moment where Cyclops basically said "SHUT THE F*** UP BITCH, This is all your fault!!!" to Maria Hill.

And it's good to see Dazzler where she belongs, with their old firends the X-Men.

10/10
    Who are you and what have done with the real tonamelt ?
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 06-18-2014 at 11:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Who are you and what have done with the real tonamelt ?
    Told ya I'm neutral.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I do not think Dazzler is going to stay with the UNcanny team...it sounds like she is going to feel bitter and betrayed they did not realize she was not herself.
    IIRC, wasn't Mags the only one who knew and that was after he'd left the Uncanny team?

BANNED

So, did they get her a walkman?

Finally dark beast is gone!!!!!

BANNED

So, did they get her a walkman?
    Music level up your spirit !

Fantastic Member

10/10
    Hijack isn't really overpowered since his power is so specific (any of the X-men's 20 telepaths could take him out with the raise of an eyebrow), but he's basically got sentinels removed as a threat, which is kind of funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    Hijack isn't really overpowered since his power is so specific (any of the X-men's 20 telepaths could take him out with the raise of an eyebrow), but he's basically got sentinels removed as a threat, which is kind of funny.
    A power can be specific but there's always a level, Hijack proved he is an omega level mutant by controlling EVERY machine attacking the JGS and commanding them to stop.

He could have killed all those "20" telepaths with a single nuclear launch way before they even realize what was happening.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    This is not correct *at least any longer*.
    I do not think Dazzler is going to stay with the UNcanny team...it sounds like she is going to feel bitter and betrayed they did not realize she was not herself.
    She specifically tells Maria to screw off, and how she's an "X-man" while leaving with Scott's team. What part of that was unclear?

Fantastic Member

A power can be specific but there's always a level, Hijack proved he is an omega level mutant by controlling EVERY machine attacking the JGS and commanding them to stop.

He could have killed all those "20" telepaths with a single nuclear launch way before they even realize what was happening.
    Okay, first off no he's not an omega. That has specific requirements relating to energy and potential that he doesn't meet.

And your second point is silly. Of course someone could take someone out if they didn't realize what was happening. That's true of anyone; that's not power. Hijack loses to most characters since his power relies on controlling tech. Most characters could simply kill him in a fair fight. The main thing that Hijack is AMAZING at is dealing with human threats. He can neutralize shield, the purifiers, the US government, and so on.

Which I actually really like. I think the more we learn about the Bendis students, the better they are. They're all very powerful, but generally in very specific ways, which is interesting and has always been what I like about the X-men as compared to smorgasbord power characters like Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    He can neutralize shield, the purifiers, the US government, and so on.
    So maybe he is not omega, but he is still overpowered as stated on my previous post, it's a good thing you agree.

So maybe he is not omega, but he is still overpowered as stated on my previous post, it's a good thing you agree.
    But who isnt overpowered these days ?. Teen Jean is strong enough to smack Gladiator, Tempus curb-stomped the avengers, Quire is going to be the new phoenix host, Avan is apocalypse's clone, and im almost sure that wolverine is going to get his healing factor after coming back from the dead.
    And if everyone is overpowered, no one is actually overpowered, isnt ?.

Fantastic Member

He is, but only in specific situations which is why I like him. He can take down an army easily, but he in turn would be destroyed by one well-trained normal human (assuming Hijack didn't just nuke the area, but let's be honest he's not going to. Nukes are to fight arguments what Nazis are to political arguments). In many ways, he's a bit like Scott. For all his power the most effective way to take him down is to sneak up on him and punch him.