Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    The death of a villain is a soothing drug perhaps?
    More like a step towards mending the Schism between the two factions. If Cyclops can go back to murdering people and going on like nothing happened, maybe he'll shut down his school and properly help the X-Men murder what's left of Xavier's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised more people didn't comment on how X-Men can totally get along while they casually watch villains expire.
    Considering how often villains troll them 24/7 as well as harm and kill some of them. I think it's a big "screw you" to those that keep doing it. As well it's Dark Beast. why would anyone shed a tear over him.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

image.jpgI wonder who Bubblehead originally was when Bendis made Fincher use him in the cover of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    image.jpgI wonder who Bubblehead originally was when Bendis made Fincher use him in the cover of Avengers.
    That has AoA Beast written all over it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Agreed and seconded. It would be something that AOA Beast would do imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Looking back it was really Emma Frost, Magneto and Cyclops whose powers were affected. That is because all 3 were in a S.H.I.E.L.D. base at some point. Emma and Cyclops were imprisoned and Magnetos powers started acting up after he decided to meet with Hill.

In contrast to the others Magik was actually fine, she just had Dorammamu attacking limbo that's why her powers were actually enhanced.
    Colossus powers are still broken and his powers were just fine when they left the shield base. It doesn't make any sense how Dark Beast found/infected him.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 06-18-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Agreed and seconded. It would be something that AOA Beast would do imo.
    Dark Beast hailed from a depressing world run by a totalitarian regime overseen by the chosen and ruled by a megalomaniacal egomaniac. That describes the 616 Marvel Universe, The Avengers and Captain America, respectively, perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post

Let the Daz trolling commence!
    Why troll her now? A She joined the good guys and stopped working for the psychopath, Why troll her making smart decisions,

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Dark Beast hailed from a depressing world run by a totalitarian regime overseen by the chosen and ruled by a megalomaniacal egomaniac. That describes the 616 Marvel Universe, The Avengers and Captain America, respectively, perfectly.
    ZZZZZZZZZing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apocalypse was less hypocrite, though
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

That's another character called Mutant Zero, or something similar. The Marvel.com forums were a buzz with Jean Grey-Summers fans thinking that person was Jean Grey undercover working for the Avengers. That character had hints as to being Jean, with occasional flashes of wavy red hair and feats of telekinesis. Ultimately Mutant Zero was revealed to be Screaming Mimi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Why troll her now? A She joined the good guys and stopped working for the psychopath, Why troll her making smart decisions,
    You are why we can't have nice things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post
    The night is dark and full of terrors. #Mortis #DazzlerIsBasic #hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised more people didn't comment on how X-Men can totally get along while they casually watch villains expire.
    That's how the X-Men bond. Either bitching over who got the kill or casually watching the villain expire with blunt affect. Warren Ellis ended his second Astonishing X-Men arc commenting on this behavior.

This was right after Logan punched Kaga in the head and snapped his neck. Now, Ororo and Hank have to play older brother and sister mediator to Hisako and Logan who are arguing about Kaga having a death chair of doom or no death chair of doom. Scott walked off wishing he could find a bomb to blow up Logan for killing Kaga first.

Fantastic Member

It was a good issue, although the reveal and defeat of Dark Beast was definitely anticlimactic, but the rest was good enough that I don't totally hold that against them. I'm excited for the fallout, which is comics 101, so yay.

I will say I took the nanosentinals to only be an explanation for the recent lack of control over their powers in the last couple of issues. I don't believe that it's the explanation for the broken powers unless we get a clear answer on that. Also, I think it would be a little sad if it was since the new visuals on Scott's powers at least are neat and I'd like them to stay.

As for killing dark beast I have two thoughts.

One, it wasn't so much that they actively killed him as he just died of his own fault when the suit was broken, which they probably don't feel too torn up about.
    Two, the huge concern over whether the X-men kill or not of late is really annoying. The X-men are not Superman or Batman or even Spider-man. They, like most Marvel heroes, try to avoid killing when possible but don't usually get horribly torn up about it if it happens. And I like that. I think it's realistic. The whole Knight in shining armor/superman morality I think is silly, but so is the kill everything one. A middle ground is best IMO.

Also, with Dazzler now at the NXS we're back to having a lot of blondes. Need something to break that up. We could use a little diversity in the adult cast. Both blue side books are VERY white in terms of the classic X-men characters (the NXS students are diverse but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apocalypse was less hypocrite, though
    TYVM.

Yeah. Apocalypse was always very straightforward. I don't trust this... Captain.

It's a pity that Dark Beast has become the punchline to a very bad Bendis joke. There's only room for 1 evil Beast in the 616 and, with Dark Beast dead, there are still 2 evil Beasts left.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    That's another character called Mutant Zero, or something similar. The Marvel.com forums were a buzz with Jean Grey-Summers fans thinking that person was Jean Grey undercover working for the Avengers. That character had hints as to being Jean, with occasional flashes of wavy red hair and feats of telekinesis. Ultimately Mutant Zero was revealed to be Screaming Mimi.
    I was just being a goof. It's obvious Dark Beast was a last minute addition.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider