Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Looking back it was really Emma Frost, Magneto and Cyclops whose powers were affected. That is because all 3 were in a S.H.I.E.L.D. base at some point. Emma and Cyclops were imprisoned and Magnetos powers started acting up after he decided to meet with Hill.

In contrast to the others Magik was actually fine, she just had Dorammamu attacking limbo that's why her powers were actually enhanced.
    Makes perfect sense really.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

That's probably why Namor was unaffected as well! But wasn't Colossus' powers damaged as well? I don't recall him being imprisoned by SHIELD.
    Probably a lack of communication.

Although I wonder if the Phoenix enhanced their powers seeing how Cyclops being were out of control but more powerful. Could be the same thing for Magik and Colossus.

BANNED

All new x-men is BMB book and yet cyke can't blast like he used to in that book either due to the broken powers issue and I doubt the events in all new happen before Scott's war on sheild.

Weak issue. The Dark Beast reveal was anticlimatic and sloppy. The dialogue was cringe worthy. "Oh, it's that Dark Beast you from Age of Apocalypse".

Oh.

Other than the weak bubblehead reveal, the rest of the issue was so-so. I hope Dazzler sticks around joins the team.

Okay. I get it now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Weak issue. The Dark Beast reveal was anticlimatic and sloppy. The dialogue was cringe worthy. "Oh, it's that Dark Beast you from Age of Apocalypse".

Oh.

Other than the weak bubblehead reveal, the rest of the issue was so-so. I hope Dazzler sticks around joins the team.
    Come to think, do the 616 characters also call it "Age of Apocalypse"? And, did Bendis seriously want Dark Beast on his Avengers team?

Edit: Oh, and does Hijack even need to go to any mutant school? 'Cause if simultaneously controlling numerous sentinels and helicarriers isn't a display of mastery over his abilities, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by xiyon; 06-18-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Am I reading this correctly?
    Maria saw Dazzler run away and ordered to have her shot on sight??
    Was she transitioning to her natural blue form? Or... has Maria lost her sh!t comletely?
    Maria Hill has never had her shit together, not since she was first introduced,

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maria Hill was being Maria Hill, she was saying that in jest I think.
    Maria tend to shoot first and "maybe" think later

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    No, it's just typical Bendis writing Maria as a moron.

p.s. Mystique wasn't transitioning. She just didn't listen what Hill was saying and walked away.
    Bendis created Maria Hill as an amoral moron, She looks better here than in most of her other apprentices since she appears to be learning .. When has she not been a moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So... there's confusion, about this whole powers being messed up thing.

Their powers were out of whack because of the Phoenix.
    These more RECENT "Oh no my powers are going all wackadoo (Cyke firing unintentionally, and Magik first not being able to teleport, and then going all demonic)!" is from the Nanosentinels, correct?
    that is still unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So why the need for the Dr strange training?

The reasoning she goes cause she didn't have her powers in control and that was prior to absorbing limbo.

Pitor wasn't imprisoned.
    He turns himself in at the end of Cable & X-Force #5. He has been transferred to The Raft by the beginning of Cable & X-Force #6.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    He turns himself in at the end of Cable & X-Force #5. He has been transferred to The Raft by the beginning of Cable & X-Force #6.
    But how did he get infected by the nanosentinels in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Maria Hill has never had her shit together, not since she was first introduced,

Maria tend to shoot first and "maybe" think later

Bendis created Maria Hill as an amoral moron, She looks better here than in most of her other apprentices since she appears to be learning .. When has she not been a moron?

that is still unknown
    It's kinda weird how everyone writes Ms. Hill as an intelligent and badass Director except for her creator.

Mighty Member

Piotr's powers were wonky at the onset of Hopeless' X-Force-- before he turned himself in. Cable & Nemesis did provide a quick-fix using the suit Colossus wore...which makes me think: did Colossus ever get his powers fixed? 'Cause last I checked, he's not wearing his X-Force uniform in the AXM cover.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Come to think, do the 616 characters also call it "Age of Apocalypse"? And, did Bendis seriously want Dark Beast on his Avengers team?
    Good question.

I'm going to start using that as an excuse when I f*ck up IRL. "It was the Age of Apocalypse version of me".

BANNED

Not by sheild though.

And his powers were broken prior to issue 5 of CaXF.

So why the need for the Dr strange training?

The reasoning she goes cause she didn't have her powers in control and that was prior to absorbing limbo.
    Dormammu was attacking limbo from #1. She kept going evil because he was taking over. That's why her powers went out of wack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    All the lose ends wraped up with explanations that are very plausible in the MU and you think that is bad writing?
    Yes. Bad writing. How much build up was there for this mystery bad guy? And then he's revealed and dies in a single page?

Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong. Maybe it's good editing. Maybe when Marts came in he looked at all this and told Bendis "make it go away."