Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

10/10

Welcome back, Dazzler gurl.

Hijack wants to be Bedlam so bad. Kill him.

I interpreted the nano sentinels as only an explanation for the very recent loss of control of power by cyke and magik, not as the explanation for why their powers were broken since avx.

I assume the broken powers are still related to the Phoenix. And as someone told magneto already, perhaps his powers are just psychosomatic expression of his regret that Xavier is dead. Who knows, maybe that's why Emma and Scott's powers are messed up too- no other reason than a side effect of the psychological trauma of the events of avx.

Either way it's up to interpretation until we get a firm answer, so that's just how I see it for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    GLORY TO HIM!

I don't know why people say he took the exit, the man will be back for some more yummy Uncanny pop art.
    I thought he was going on Nightcrawler with CC.

Pretty mixed feelings on the issue.

It was nice to see a ton of progress made in the comic, especially with how painfully slow it can be at times. Scotts powers, Bubblehead, shield/xmen relations, Dazzler, so on so forth. A ton to happen for a single issue of any series.

The problem is that some it it feels so rushed. The series itself would be much stronger if they paced things out better. The Beast reveal also felt very anti-climatic. I couldn't help but think "we've waited how long for all this????". Also im still not a huge fan of the art.

In short it was nice to see so much happen, but it didn't feel nearly as weighty as it should have.

Funny how every one of the adults in Cyclops' team is a blonde woman. We may as well rename his team to Cyclops and the Blonde Brigade.

BANNED

Dark Beast deserved better. He's a better character than all the Bore 5 (teen & adult) combined.

BANNED

Loved this issue. Glad to see so much come to a conclusion without it feeling hurried.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Funny how every one of the adults in Cyclops' team is a blonde woman. We may as well rename his team to Cyclops and the Blonde Brigade.
    Emma isn't genuine blonde.

I liked the issue. Definitely wasn't as weighty as it should but the villain made sense (Couldn't buy it if was an older version of Cyclops or Hijack for they would have attacked the NXS base). As for his reason, lol doesn't take much at all in seeing Cyclops demise, if you hate him than best believe that at one point you want to kill him.

Realllly looking forward to a P.O Dazzler

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't mind the drawn out style when Bendis writes that way, because that's how he writes. In movies you don't have an extremely slow pace for 1.9 hours and then have a super fast pace for the last 5 minutes. It doesn't work there, and it doesn't work in comics either. The Dark Beast reveal literally goes nowhere. Hijack came out of nowhere. The giant sentinel battle was teased and then skipped over because all of a sudden Dark Beast no longer makes his machines immune to Hijack's power like they were in previous fights. The rest of students and Dazzler don't do anything. It's just a mess.
    It was shown in a previous issue that Hijack left his home, which was a major indicator that he would play a key role in the arc.

BANNED

Dark Beast falls flat because he wasn't part of the book at all. It's like having a mystery novel where the killer is revealed at the end to be a character that was introduced in another book entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowlman View Post
    Yes. Bad writing. How much build up was there for this mystery bad guy? And then he's revealed and dies in a single page?

Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong. Maybe it's good editing. Maybe when Marts came in he looked at all this and told Bendis "make this stupid **** go away."
    Or maybe like in real life, things come without being telegraphed issuers ahead, and everyone involved is surprised by the outcome? Telegraphing whom the villain is is a very overused trope, sometime the answer just is unknown until you do what is necessary to get the answer/ Bubble-head pushed it to the limit and it all fell apart on him in very short order, tht is not that strange a result. Somtimes shitjut happens without warning or being foretold, I think the fact that we did not know who was responsible until it was over is a great thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Dark Beast falls flat because he wasn't part of the book at all. It's like having a mystery novel where the killer is revealed at the end to be a character that was introduced in another book entirely.
    It also falls flat because he doesn't really give a **** about Cyclops or most of the X-Men. Maybe Emma and Beast.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Good issue. Dark beast killed and was bubblehead? Interesting. Cant wait tobpick up my copy
    X-Men Forever