Spectacular Member

Default Does today's DC Collectibles Toy Fair reveals/ previews mean New 52 is still around after Rebirth?

Today DC Collectibles revealed its 2016 Toy Fair products and there are continuations of action figure lines like DC Icons and Capullo with New 52 versions of characters scheduled for Fall 2016 AFTER Rebirth. Does this mean New 52 universe will continue after Rebirth which might not be a reboot after all? Did DCC spoil Rebirth?

Incredible Member

Kind of hard to go by that considering the action figure line covers many of DC's eras.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Interesting. Well, are the designs of those particular figures incredibly distinct to the New 52 versions?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It means they found a way to make more money than anything else. The Jim Lee Superman is just like his Batman just in black and white. That, in and of itself, doesn't mean anything. Plus, they may be determined to hold onto the same look regardless of what happens.

Spectacular Member

DC Icons covers all DC eras but today's figures shown are mainly New 52- Wonder Woman (Amazo Virus), Cyborg (Forever Evil), purple costume Batgirl and her bike, and Darkseid War 2-pack. Not familiar with version of Swamp Thing looked like 1st appearance to me. Deathstroke is Judas Contract at least. Capullo Gordon Batman, Aquaman, etc. Wish there was a spy Grayson figure.

I hope Rebirth is not only about New 52 based on these future figures.

Probably. It was hard to imagine before now any scenario where they got rid of the New 52 Earth-0. That was never really in the cards by any realistic measure. Rebirth might very well bring back some old continuities, but its not going to get rid of the current one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Cyborg looks 'nice' but I want the current Cyborg design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Probably. It was hard to imagine before now any scenario where they got rid of the New 52 Earth-0. That was never really in the cards by any realistic measure. Rebirth might very well bring back some old continuities, but its not going to get rid of the current one.

I for one wouldn't mind if the current continuity remained even after this Rebirth thing.

I just can't believe Grail is getting a figure already. How many months old is that character?

I dunno.
    IIRC, they were still licensing Pre-Flashpoint toys and merchandise well into the first year of New52.
    Presumably because the licenses and manufacturing had already been in place.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Amazing Member

The Swamp Thing figure looks too thin and not very "swampy".