Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

X-factor Investigations by the Coen brothers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Peter Jackson at least had the decency to read the Lord of the Rings before making it into movies(quite successfully). The excesses of the Hobbit trilogy notwithstanding, he's not afraid of strong women(Galadriel is everything great about Claremazons) and has proven himself adept at the spectacular and epic. I say thee yea!
    Jackson or Del Toro I'd like to have a go at!

bryan singer has been doing great to me! i'd like to please keep him

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    X-factor Investigations by the Coen brothers!
    Yes, please !

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Honestly, I think a new take on the franchise is needed, hopefully after Apocalypse the timeline should be moving into the 90's which is ripe with material to use. Singer has had over five films to make his mark and that he has, but his vision is a bit too grounded and limited in scope to express the X-men how they should be and I think after DOFP, and now Apolocalypse someone new should take the reigns preferably someone who'll understand the characters on a fundamental level and who are unafraid of delving into the zany and surreal!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    bryan singer has been doing great to me! i'd like to please keep him
    This, I have genuinely loved every X-Film he has been involved with. If he want's to go however I think FOX need to secure him as an Executive Producer.

I'm really keen to see what Doug Liman does with Gambit. At $150m this is technically the next "Big" X-movie.
    L'Enfer !

Amazing Member

Singer should probably continue onwards because Apocalypse creates a situation in which his vision of the X-Men universe keeps moving forward and bringing in someone totally new should come with allowing them the opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. I do have to say, though, it's kind of a system shock for a movie like Deadpool to come along now looking like a lock to outgross all of the X-Men films domestically. The X-Men were the team for decades, they were everywhere, many people relate to comics exclusively through the X-Men franchise. It feels like there should be much higher ceiling on the success of these films. Maybe goodwill from DOFP and Deadpool carries over to Apocalypse, though? We'll see.

I'm shocked we've reached the 2nd page without a single mention of Whedon. I mean, this was the guy who blatantly dissed the Avengers to prop up the X-Men during an interview leading up to his own Avengers blockbuster.

Nobody does team dynamics as well as him.

I really do like the Brad Bird suggestion. While the movie did not live up to the hype, I felt that Tomorrowland is one of those unfortunate failures. There was a lot of imagination and excitement behind the film, it just did not come together as tautly as it could have.

With the X-Men, I feel like there needs to be a very strong visual aesthetics. Two people that I think are very attainable that could add some visual flair and style are David Slade and Cary Fukunaga. While I believe Cary would make the film a little too dour, from everything I've seen from David Slade during Hannibal...I think he's one of those directors that has a really, really great comic book movie to direct.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm shocked we've reached the 2nd page without a single mention of Whedon. I mean, this was the guy who blatantly dissed the Avengers to prop up the X-Men during an interview leading up to his own Avengers blockbuster.

Unfortunately Age of Ultron wasn't a patch on Avengers Assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I didn't like either of the Avengers movies, nor Buffy, and I think his Astonishing run was completely overrated. He'd probably accidentally do a better X-Men movie than Singer, but only because he knows the Claremont run so well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Bill Condon, whose last big-deal work was Breaking Dawn Part 2. NO, SHUT UP A MINUTE. SHUT YOUR WHOLE FACE. Did you see that movie? Because in-between all the creepy relationships and wonky dialogue (things which sadly couldn't be tweaked far from source) it gets helluva weird in the best possible way, and all of that's down to Condon, especially for realizing that we'd all be way more interested in the international superpowered vampire squad that shows up to defend a newborn of their own kind from close-minded assholes, just like an X-Men team would. And that last battle scene on the iced lake, hallucinatory or no, remains one of the best superpower brawls ever committed to cinema. Condon deserves a place to further refine that sort of craft without being forced to indulge the whims of an idiot YA 'romance' novel.

Alternatively, if he doesn't get sucked into doing more than one Star Trek, Justin Lin. He turned the Fast & Furious series not just into legit blockbusters, but blockbusters offering real, flattering visibility for minority actors and built around a kooky bunch of unrelated petrolheads coming together as an ad-hoc family, complete with lots of cute internal bickering and coupling-up. Positive diversity message plus quirky soap opera equals Peak Claremont, yes?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Something along the lines of Blue and Gold teams in all their glorious superhero costumes. Spend about 45 min a piece with each team with them all coming together at the end to take down a major threat Sinister and his Marauders come to mind as you could have the Wolverine Sabertooth battle everyone wants not to mention take bits from Mutant Massacre with some inferno elements not sure about the whole New York gets taken over by Hell ala the never got made Ghostbusters III but the personal ties between characters (Genetic Cloning and Sinister going through all their personal history could be intriguing on screen
    While giving everyone one that team feeling that they all contribute and are a family. Personally I wouldn't mind a Sam Raimi take on the Merry Mutants, while I still hold high respect for Spiderman 2 I think Sams major problem in those movies is the relationship between the leads, and plot elements but everything else was eye candy. At least have Claremont's input after all he does know these characters inside and out from that era at least. (Dark Phoenix Saga, God Loves Man Kills they Butchered) I think Sam would at least try to understand the source material and make changes as he saw fit but we know he can do action and pacing with fight scenes. Plus im always down for a Bruce Campbell cameo/role in a comic movie

Neill Blomkamp ( District 9) ( Chappie) Would be my Pick , Hes got a good eye for practical effects and action..

Anyone but Singer.

Not gonna happen, I know.

Id love to see Bryan and Kinberg go. New blood would help the franchise, new and talented blood, fans of the comics and mostly, fans of the actual X-Men, unlike Kinberg and Bryan.

Maybe next one will be Bryan's last x-men movie. So by 2020 or so we'll get a new director, vision and more respect to the X-Men and source material. One can dream