Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    X-factor Investigations by the Coen brothers!
    OH GOD YES! All my yes!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Neill Blomkamp ( District 9) ( Chappie) Would be my Pick , Hes got a good eye for practical effects and action..
    Maybe for Excalibur?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Bryan Singer! His films are the best ones; with the most subtext and heart.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Joss Whedon for sure. Astonishing was practically a script. Whoever said it was overrated, that's probably because their favorite character wasn't in there. The team dynamics, Danny Ocean-Cyclops, mature Kitty, eficient Wolverine... I loved his run.

Matthew Vaughn would be a good return too. There's something about how he blends music in his movies that really entertains.

Third option would be Doug Liman from Edge of Tomorrow. Brad Bird was a good call too.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Bill Condon, whose last big-deal work was Breaking Dawn Part 2. NO, SHUT UP A MINUTE. SHUT YOUR WHOLE FACE. Did you see that movie? Because in-between all the creepy relationships and wonky dialogue (things which sadly couldn't be tweaked far from source) it gets helluva weird in the best possible way, and all of that's down to Condon, especially for realizing that we'd all be way more interested in the international superpowered vampire squad that shows up to defend a newborn of their own kind from close-minded assholes, just like an X-Men team would. And that last battle scene on the iced lake, hallucinatory or no, remains one of the best superpower brawls ever committed to cinema. Condon deserves a place to further refine that sort of craft without being forced to indulge the whims of an idiot YA 'romance' novel.

Alternatively, if he doesn't get sucked into doing more than one Star Trek, Justin Lin. He turned the Fast & Furious series not just into legit blockbusters, but blockbusters offering real, flattering visibility for minority actors and built around a kooky bunch of unrelated petrolheads coming together as an ad-hoc family, complete with lots of cute internal bickering and coupling-up. Positive diversity message plus quirky soap opera equals Peak Claremont, yes?
    I was actually going to suggest Justin Lin, too. Good pick. As for Bill Condon, I haven't seen anything from the man, so I can't comment. Description and breakdown is pretty convincing, though.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'm perfectly fine with Singer but I think he should pass the film on to some new blood.

I think Drew Goddard would make a perfect director/writer. He does really good with ensembles (Cloverfield, Cabin In the Woods, The Martian) in addition to sci fi. Only reason I'd be skeptical is I'm not sure if he can do action.

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

I really think Singer should leave with this movie tbh. I think he will do a great job. but the xmen needs a new vision after deadpool's success.I am wishing for a classic x sequel with the young scott jean & storm as main characters.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

I don't have a problem with Singer per se and I have to admit that it seems like after the success of MCU he has been more interested to make the film X-Men closer to the comics version even if it is slow. But I wouldn't mind him going or at least moving into the background (as a producer) so that we could get some new talent to put their spin on the X-Men. It just feels like it would finally be the time to do that since we've been following mostly Singer's vision for 16 years now! X-Men could use a shot in the arm to liven things up and give it us a fresh new take. Of course I would prefer it if this new comer would be a fan of the actual comics like the director of Deadpool apparently is because it's clearly the best way to go about it and the most likely route to go if we want to see X-Men done right!