Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like what I'm hearing, especially the parts about recognizing the faults with the New 52, fixing them, and going back to the core of what makes DC great and the "iconic joy" of the DCU. Now, if they can apply this goal in the best way possible and get enough attention and good writing directed towards it, we might finally see an upswing for DC .

I wonder if King talking with Johns, Snyder, and Didio is because he's heavily involved with Rebirth (and moving up in the company) or because those three are the main architects of Rebirth?
    Personally I really hope so. The current direction of both DC & Marvel (in their elusive search for the mythical new readers) have pushed away this long time reader. To me if feels like the 90's all over again. Replace the iconic version of the hero with someone new (90's Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan - current Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson). Or change the personality/supporting characters & surroundings of the hero (90's Aquaman/current Spider-Man).

Again I am only speaking for myself. I realize other long term readers don't mind the constant changes. But in the new 52 the titles I still liked were the ones that changed the least like Batman. Or titles that returned a character to his more classic version like Aquaman (or Daredevil at Marvel).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Can anyone briefly sum up that Tom King podcast? I'm at work (working hard and hardly working) and cannot read it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Jonathan I could see for sure. But I just think a change that's been around for 40 years

MoS is from 86.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

MoS is from 86.
    25. DC changed it back in 2011.

For a Superman rebirth, I would prefer armor and helmet for Superman and Wonder Woman. Batman could use a darth vader helmet too. Iconic could mean Clark Kent back at the daily planet and Wonder Woman being Diana Prince again and working for Steve Trevor.
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...dianasteve.jpg
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 02-12-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I assumed the SI would be restored regardless. Now, I'm guessing this "Rebirth", whatever it is, will have something to do with that. In terms of his parents being alive, it's not a deal breaker for me, it's just something I'd kind of like to see restored. I suppose they could split the difference and just bring back Martha. I just hope they don't turn Lois & Clark into parental stand ins for the current Superman. That would cheapen both versions of the character. For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing the marriage restored either, but, again, not a deal breaker. If they are cancelling the SM/WW book, then maybe they are doing it to allow Lois and Clark to head down that path naturally. If this "Rebirth" is restoring some old pre-Flashpoint elements, maybe GA and BC will hook up as well, who knows. Restore some of the old relationships. Far as I know, they haven't even met each other in the New52 and it's been something like five years!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Don't forget Bart and Tim and Cassie!
    Superboy Is so beyond screwed up,so imo if they can straighten him out,and make him a character ppl can love again then he would be the ultimate measuring stick to DCs ability to right their shipad again.

BTW come on DC start dropping Rebirth facts,the longer you wait the less your giving time to get onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Kents have been around since John Bynre's soft reboot around 1985. Most comic book readers who have been reading comics since 85 will go with them being alive.....unless they have been reading since Flashpoint
    You could always compromise and let Martha die but kill off Johnathan. Johnathan Kent has died memorable numerous times from the Richard Donner movie, to Geoff's pre-Flashpoint Superman run to the MOS movie. Just don't have Clark run home to whine to his folks all the time. They kind of over-humanized Superman after Crisis.

The main reason I would rather have the Kents dead than alive is that I feel that Kal-El should be Superman and Clarke Kent should just be a disguise. Having the Kents alive make Clark seem too human.

Astonishing Member

i like what i'm hearing so far. dc being able to bring back what is iconic in their character.

so is tom king one of the architects in this rebirth?