Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Those are good Dark Knight, especially the Aquae Sulis (Bath) stuff. Actually, I've had that experience also once. Being asked to pay an unreasonable entrance fee to a monument that is easily visible in the distance. That was when 5 of us were asked to each fork out £15 to walk around Whitby Abbey. A gothic ruin famous for being the inspiration for Bram Stokers 'Dracula'. There was also a synod there in 664AD that played a large role in shaping Christian rituals in early medieval England.

Right? I could see paying that if the castle was still intact and just an amazing walk through. But it's not worth paying for. BTW, I think £15 is what they were asking for to get inside the fence to see Stonehenge as well. Just ridiculous. And people were paying it. LOL

Whitby is a magical fishing town on the East Yorkshire coast with some outstanding pubs. A good example of the REAL England.

Oh man....that is just so cool. It's gorgeous. There's so many places I would love to go to and if I was rich, I'd take off and travel the world for about 3-4 months. Then come home and relax. And then travel some more
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    FAVOURITE CITIES: New York, Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Paris (in that order)
    FAVOURITE COUNTRIES: Great Britain (obvs), the U.S of A, Mongolia, Greece (esp. Crete)

P.S. "Most favourite"?
    Edinburgh is another place I want to go to real bad. I've seen it on tv and I know I would love it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    There's so many places I would love to go to and if I was rich, I'd take off and travel the world for about 3-4 months. Then come home and relax. And then travel some more
    Oh man, you're preaching to the choir. I actually think the first thing I'd do if I got that lucky would be to go back to Rome.

I don't wanna lay it on too thick but about half an hours drive from me is the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Given your favoured destinations it's the type of place you'd love. This is Swaledale:

I promise I'll stop now.

Oh man, you're preaching to the choir. I actually think the first thing I'd do if I got that lucky would be to go back to Rome.

I don't wanna lay it on too thick but about half an hours drive from me is the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Given your favoured destinations it's the type of place you'd love. This is Swaledale:

I promise I'll stop now.
    Aw man, you're killing me! That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    F**k you, "discuss" - do you have any idea how offensive that is?
    Clearly "offensive" is very much in the eye of the offendee, but really given one person saying "discuss" and one person saying "F**k you", I think I know which one most people would consider to be more offensive.

My wife wants to go to Italy. It's all she talks about. I liked to go to, but not before taking a trip to Rome. Maybe we can hit up both on the same trip.
    Rome is in Italy. You can't go to Rome without going to both.
    Bath is cool, but Stonehenge sucks. Don't waste your time. It used to be you could walk right up and touch the stones, but over the years the tourists would chip off pieces of the stone so they put a rope line around the stones and you can only walk around them. But there's a fence around the whole land itself that you have to pay to get inside just to see the stones. We didn't bother paying to go inside because you can see them just as good from outside the fence. And really, after about five minutes of looking at them, you realize that they're just stones.
    You've got that right.

I drive past Stonehenge several times a year and it's nice to pass, but there's no reason to even get out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Rome is in Italy. You can't go to Rome without going to both.
    LOL. I know that. I'm saying my wife has no desire to go to the city of Rome itself. I do though. She wants to go to Venice. I'd rather go to Rome.

i like tokyo and i might be going there soon, are there any insider places anyone can offer?
    what i mean are places that are'nt on any buzzfeed lists or 198 things to do at tokyo articles.
    not to discredit the above, which are really helpful but i feel it's best to travel when you wander around ,discover places you might not have if you stayed on the 'right' destination.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I lived in Seattle for a short while and while I wouldn't want to live there, it's a great city to visit for a vacation. Beautiful places to go and see. You could spend days shopping at Pike's Market.

If I could learn German I would take the whole family to either Hamburg, Berlin, Dusseldorf and try to settle in Munich permanently . Germany is the joint for me.

Now Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa make Canada a wonderful destination. I miss Canadian girls...a lot.

Vienna will always have a special place in my heart.

Favorite cities: Seoul, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and of course Tokyo

Favorite countries: Korea, US, Singapore

I would love to visit England someday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    Favorite cities: Seoul, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and of course Tokyo

Favorite countries: Korea, US, Singapore

I would love to visit England someday, though.
    Can I ask why? Is there a certain city or county or locale that you want to see? Just curious.