Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Non-Spoilers: I saw DEADPOOL last night, and it's that freaking good.

Yep, I got into an advance screening, and the movie was amazing. It combines the best elements of movies like Natural Born Killers, the Matrix, Kick-Ass, and other ultra-violent CGI-enhanced movies into the most ridiculous over-the-top superhero movie ever. I'm not deep enough into the Deadpool mythos to tell you if every character is 100% accurate (I mean, Al and Weasel felt like Al and Weasel), but Deadpool definitely felt like Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job. If you have any doubts, ignore them. This movie is THAT good. It's "Itchy & Scratchy" as if done by Zack Snyder.

(OK, one nitpick: Colossus looked terrible. His arms were about a foot too short and he just looked and acted wrong. He provides some comic relief, but he really came out of the oven way too early.)

I've got more thoughts up (along with a cohort) in this review, which does get a little spoilery. But, seriously...go see this.

Don't take your children.

Mighty Member

Colossus was the only reason I wanted to see it
    Cyclops was right

#apoptosis for life

That's good to hear, I was worried after the Fantastic Four fiasco.

Mighty Member

It was great, and I loved it. More than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    When I was at my LCS yesterday, another costumer was talking about the movie to one of the employees there and he was like "How am I supposed to bring my kids to see this?" I didn't say anything but in my head I was like.. "Well... you're not supposed to." It's rated R for more than just foul language.

I understand Deadpool's in games and tv shows and whatever else and he's written in ways that kids can enjoy him on those platforms... but this is the movie version and they decided to write it this way. Tough rocks for kids. Wait for the blu ray.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    When I was at my LCS yesterday, another costumer was talking about the movie to one of the employees there and he was like "How am I supposed to bring my kids to see this?" I didn't say anything but in my head I was like.. "Well... you're not supposed to." It's rated R for more than just foul language.

I understand Deadpool's in games and tv shows and whatever else and he's written in ways that kids can enjoy him on those platforms... but this is the movie version and they decided to write it this way. Tough rocks for kids. Wait for the blu ray.
    This movie had excessively foul language, ongoing sex references, full nudity (genitals tended to be obscured), gratuitous sex scenes, prostitution, bloodshed, dismemberment, and violent torture. Anyone who takes their kids to this should be greeted by social services when they leave.

BANNED

An R rating never stopped me as a kid! I remember sneaking in to so many movies...

I have tickets for Saturday. Can't wait.

Mighty Member

This movie had
    wow, thanks i am so not watching
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

This movie had excessively foul language, ongoing sex references, full nudity (genitals tended to be obscured), gratuitous sex scenes, prostitution, bloodshed, dismemberment, and violent torture. Anyone who takes their kids to this should be greeted by social services when they leave.
    Well, it's a change to watch a comic book movie and not be surrounded by bored tweens texting, screaming toddlers and eight to ten year olds having popcorn fights. All of which I've had to put up with over the years.

Mighty Member

Yep, I got into an advance screening, and the movie was amazing. It combines the best elements of movies like Natural Born Killers, the Matrix, Kick-Ass, and other ultra-violent CGI-enhanced movies into the most ridiculous over-the-top superhero movie ever. I'm not deep enough into the Deadpool mythos to tell you if every character is 100% accurate (I mean, Al and Weasel felt like Al and Weasel), but Deadpool definitely felt like Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job. If you have any doubts, ignore them. This movie is THAT good. It's "Itchy & Scratchy" as if done by Zack Snyder.

(OK, one nitpick: Colossus looked terrible. His arms were about a foot too short and he just looked and acted wrong. He provides some comic relief, but he really came out of the oven way too early.)

I've got more thoughts up (along with a cohort) in this review, which does get a little spoilery. But, seriously...go see this.

I thought CGI Colossus was a bit clunky, but it was still great to see two of the X Men, even if one was purely CGI and the other a little known 'B' lister (she was stiil great though). I only wish they could have fitted Rogue in there somehow, I could just see Deadpool having a risque conversation over her 'touch' powers.

Sounds like my kinda movie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Well, it's a change to watch a comic book movie and not be surrounded by bored tweens texting, screaming toddlers and eight to ten year olds having popcorn fights. All of which I've had to put up with over the years.
    yea i usually wqtch it again on non opening nights after the first time. opening nights are painful
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    Sounds like my kinda movie
    Reynolds should have got an Oscar nom.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The theater I go to simply didn't allow anyone younger than 15 to buy tickets.

Mighty Member

Gratuitous they may have been but there was something oddly touching about those sex scenes.
    And the chemistry between Baccarin and Reynolds was spot on.