Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh please let this be an end to the horror of the New 52! If they don't revert back to pre-Flashpoint DC right away, they're eternally screwed!
    You voted for Luthor, didn't you?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh please let this be an end to the horror of the New 52! If they don't revert back to pre-Flashpoint DC right away, they're eternally screwed!
    Oh, come on. Even I'm gonna call BS on this. I am all for bringing back a LOT of Pre-Flashpoint DC, but they're not eternal screwed if they don't bring it back. Perspective, people. Perspective.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    That's cool, a lot of those covers have become extremely iconic. Too bad they couldn't all reflect the transformation of the series the way Batgirl/Green Lantern does.
    The only ones that show any real growth are Batgirl, Catwoman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow. Say what you will about WW's DC You costume but if they'd at least kept it through the end of the run this cover would feel more special.

Also, I think this is more saying goodbye to the New 52 than anything. Rebirth is almost definitely at least a soft reboot.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The original covers are better in every instance (except Green Arrow).

And Batgirl looks high as a kite.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    It's not happening. Let it go. It's been five years.
    And I'm sure the same thing has been said every year too. People can't handle change as much as they pine for it.
    Last edited by Leach; 02-12-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeymax View Post
    Aside from The Flash & Green Arrow, to me at least, the original covers are WAY better. And, despite the following the "new" Batgirl has, the original New 52 look was so much better. She now looks like she belongs in that kiddie cartoon Titans GO!
    inpk_sc_comics_babs_tarr_batgirl_statue.jpg

Given what you said, this look is still quite amazing. I really want this statue.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

And Batgirl looks high as a kite.
    LOL

While I prefer most of the original covers, I like that the homage covers put a different flair to them. Except Flash and Aquaman, where I think a different artist doing the same thing doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Also can't we just celebrate that these book saw 50 plus issues????????

We won't be seeing anymore 50 plus issues for "potentially" 5-6 years from DC proper.

The only books at Marvel that could see #50 are Star Wars and Darth Vader, none of the ANAD certainly won't get to see that big of a #.

Hell, none of what the next Marvel relaunch will be won't get to see #50.
    At the pace that Amazing Spider-Man is released, we'll see #50 on that by next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh, come on. Even I'm gonna call BS on this. I am all for bringing back a LOT of Pre-Flashpoint DC, but they're not eternal screwed if they don't bring it back. Perspective, people. Perspective.
    From his standpoint they are eternally screwed, and he speaks for everybody.. so....

That Catwoman cover is a true testimony of how dangerous it has become to draw cleavage nowadays! It was an excess having every female character flashing her boobs, but now all of them are as conservative as a nun. I mean, when you go out at night there are girls using cleavage and covering their breasts as much as possible. It's not one or the other like it seems to happen in comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    LOL

While I prefer most of the original covers, I like that the homage covers put a different flair to them. Except Flash and Aquaman, where I think a different artist doing the same thing doesn't look good.
    Wonder Woman did the same thing, it's basically the EXACT SAME COVER just done by a different artist. It's trite.

BANNED

Take a look at DC sales figures. They're having no success bringing in new readers, and longtime fans who hate the New 52 (and their money) are being driven away. Pre-Flashpoint DC isn't as hopeless as you think it is!

And it'll just drive away fans of the current DCU. The people who dropped DC five years ago have had plenty of time to move on.

Cool variant idea. I like seeing the changes ( or lack thereof) of the characters since the beginning of the N52.

Catwoman: Never had a problem with the original cover but I definitely like this version better. I like cheesecake art as much as any guy but I really got tired of Catwoman and Black Widow running around with broken zippers.

Green Arrow: Ollie sure has changed a lot over the last few years.

Batgirl: While I like the new costume, I'm not a fan of how they make her look like a goofy teenage girl.She's a grown woman and a competent superhero. This whole "Burnside" thing has been a major regression of her, IMO. Seriously, she looks like an idiot with that facial expression. I would be just as annoyed if they did this to Dick Grayson too. I don't have a problem with "fun" comics but I do like my Bat-verse stuff to be serious.

Wonder Woman: Definite improvement to me but I really dig David Finch's art.

Batman: I think these are all kind of better compositions than the originals

Superman: I dig both of those interpretations.

Don't have an opinion on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGetNice View Post
    That Batgirl variant is terrible. It's like Babs made her look derpy on purpose.
    I was going to post that almost word for word...eerie! The Green Arrow one is a huge improvement