Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Also can't we just celebrate that these book saw 50 plus issues????????

We won't be seeing anymore 50 plus issues for "potentially" 5-6 years from DC proper.

The only books at Marvel that could see #50 are Star Wars and Darth Vader, none of the ANAD certainly won't get to see that big of a #.

Hell, none of what the next Marvel relaunch will be won't get to see #50.
    Absolutely. When it comes to these variant covers I prefer the original #1's in every case. The fact that certain titles were capable of reaching 52 issues in the modern market is well worth shouting about though.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm comparing sales figures from recent months to figures from 2010, just before the reboot. Their current sales are actually lower now than they were before the reboot, and theyre still dropping. Truth is the New 52 isn't bringing in many new readers (the DC You books were mostly failures) and continues to alienate and drive away longtime fans. The DCU just doesn't work without pre-Flashpoint continuity to build off of.
    You're 100% wrong. Go to the Sales & Estimate Discussion thread and you can see what you're stating is just not so. Even factoring in the 4x increase in digital sales since 2011, floppy sales are still greater. In fact, I'm at the point now that saying the New 52 is selling less than the end of the DCU is trolling.

EDIT: Here are the numbers.

2015 - 24,387,995 estimated units
    2014 - 26,836,455 estimated units
    2013 - 28,184,085 estimated units
    2012 - 29,602,125 estimated units
    2011 - 26,522,201 estimated units
    2010 - 23,528,000 estimated units
    2009 - 24,126,336 estimated units
    2008 - 25,760,378 estimated units
    2007 - 29,597,217 estimated units
    2006 - 30,243,575 estimated units
    2005 - 26,995,698 estimated units
    2004 - 23,895,322 estimated units
    2003 - 22,344,120 estimated units
    2002 - 20,687,488 estimated units - Dan Didio joins DC as VP of Editorial.
    2001 - 21,220,332 estimated units
    2000 - 23,243,656 estimated units
    1999 - 25,141,760 estimated units
    1998 - 22,869,060 estimated units
    1997 - 26,323,968 estimated units
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Why not the new duds for Wonder Woman?

That Ben Oliver Action variant is the first time I've seen New 52 Supes drawn like Henry Cavill so much.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Well, if DC's double-shipping Batman and Superman like rumors say, it'll be more like 2-3 years.
    Haha I forgot about that!

BANNED

I was wrong about sales being "already" lower that before the reboot, but in a year or so, they undoubtedly will be! They're barely higher at the moment! DC sales have been dropping since 2013, my point about the New 52 failing is still valid.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I was wrong about sales being "already" lower that before the reboot, but in a year or so, they undoubtedly will be! They're barely higher at the moment! DC sales have been dropping since 2013, my point about the New 52 failing is still valid.
    I agree. That's probably where Rebirth is coming from.

I hope these variants celebrate the real and true end of New 52.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-12-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

How long do sales have to stay higher than 2010 in order for the new52 to have qualified as a success, in your mind?

Take a look at DC sales figures. They're having no success bringing in new readers, and longtime fans who hate the New 52 (and their money) are being driven away. Pre-Flashpoint DC isn't as hopeless as you think it is!
    No, it is. Its entirely hopeless. Superhero comics were dying before the New 52. And I'm not talking just DC, Marvel too. Dying. Let that sink in. There's absolutely NO benefit to reverting back. If the current comics are not your deal, more than fair. But you're exaggerating its negative impact. In fact its an outright falsehood. In the end the impact was positive, even if they couldn't keep up the momentum.

With that said keep an eye out for possibly more multiverse titles in the lineup after Rebirth. If my hunch is right and that happens, it could be there that you might get a pre-FP feel title. But the "main" continuity will not be reverting back.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-12-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    How long do sales have to stay higher than 2010 in order for the new52 to have qualified as a success, in your mind?
    How about a nice round number like 5 billion years?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Uhh...considering DC sales are going down at the moment, and unless Rebirth increases overall sales (considering the last 2 DC events didn't, it probably won't) sales WILL be lower than 2010 in about a year. I think it's safe to say the New 52 has proven to be a failure!

BANNED

Uhh...considering DC sales are going down at the moment, and unless Rebirth increases overall sales (considering the last 2 DC events didn't, it probably won't) sales WILL be lower than 2010 in about a year. I think it's safe to say the New 52 has proven to be a failure!

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Michael Janin drawing Supes. Yes, please! Not PC I guess, but I still think March's Catwoman cover is one of the most gorgeous I've seen

The Catwoman cover was great. Don't be afraid of the SJW's coming out of the woodwork to try and label you evil. It was a well-drawn, sexy image. There's nothing wrong with appreciating that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Given the trajectory of pre-52 they may have been down to 15 million this year with no New 52. So, 5 years of MUCH better sales is a failure? Ok

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

You may be right that the numbers will fall. None of us us can know that for sure. Still, the numbers would have to be much lower than what they were in 2010 for the New 52 to be worse than the dying DCU. For example, 2015 and 2009 appear to be basically identical, but last year was a significantly better year for DC because of the much larger digital share the company has now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?