Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh please let this be an end to the horror of the New 52! If they don't revert back to pre-Flashpoint DC right away, they're eternally screwed!
    Considering that pre-Flashpoint was selling lower, Titans Hunt and Lois & Clark aren't breaking any records how exactly are they screwed?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No, it is. Its entirely hopeless. Superhero comics were dying before the New 52. And I'm not talking just DC, Marvel too. Dying. Let that sink in. There's absolutely NO benefit to reverting back. If the current comics are not your deal, more than fair. But you're exaggerating its negative impact. In fact its an outright falsehood. In the end the impact was positive, even if they couldn't keep up the momentum.

With that said keep an eye out for possibly more multiverse titles in the lineup after Rebirth. If my hunch is right and that happens, it could be there that you might get a pre-FP feel title. But the "main" continuity will not be reverting back.
    I agree with you on this one, Sacred Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Considering that pre-Flashpoint was selling lower, Titans Hunt and Lois & Clark aren't breaking any records how exactly are they screwed?
    Nostalgia sells (X-Files, etc). Lots of pre-FP token nods DC does (like L&C) are treated like Elseworlds (of no consequence to larger DCU) & feature lesser/older talent, so of course no records will be broken.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Given the trajectory of pre-52 they may have been down to 15 million this year with no New 52. So, 5 years of MUCH better sales is a failure? Ok
    A long term failure, yes. A temporary sales boom doesn't mean much in the long run. And I'm sure DC could have increased their sales back in 2011 without the bloody reboot. Marvel increased their profits without wiping out decades of continuity like DC did.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

A long term failure, yes. A temporary sales boom doesn't mean much in the long run. And I'm sure DC could have increased their sales back in 2011 without the bloody reboot. Marvel increased their profits without wiping out decades of continuity like DC did.
    You are joking, right? Whether they call them reboots or not, Marvel is rebooting every two years at this point. Secret Wars just rebooted everything

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Nostalgia sells (X-Files, etc). Lots of pre-FP token nods DC does (like L&C) are treated like Elseworlds (of no consequence to larger DCU) & feature lesser/older talent, so of course no records will be broken.
    In regards to Lois and Clark that's untrue. By placing them on the main Earth they were specifically painting a picture of possible consequence to the main DCU. With news of them being involved in rebirth its pretty much confirmed that they will have consequences to the main DCU And its still not doing anything impressive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

I'm speaking as someone who wants them to somehow canonize every major story of Post-Crisis DC in the DCnU, but...how can something be treated as an elseworlds if it takes place in the main universe? And I don't get your corollary how Jurgens writing somehow makes it so this title would sell worse. He's a competent writer. So if ppl wanted to buy it, there really wouldn't be anything keeping them away. You're just trying to defend a losing point.

In regards to Lois and Clark that's untrue. By placing them on the main Earth they were specifically painting a picture of possible consequence to the main DCU. With news of them being involved in rebirth its pretty much confirmed that they will have consequences to the main DCU And its still not doing anything impressive.
    Main earth or not doesn't matter. That's not the main Superman anymore and everyone knows it. No Romita for that Superman, no Pak or [insert other hot/big/cool creators].
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-12-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    You are joking, right? Whether they call them reboots or not, Marvel is rebooting every two years at this point. Secret Wars just rebooted everything
    I havent followed Marvel for a couple years now. How much past continuity did Secret Wars erase? If the answer is little to none, then it's not comparable to what DC did with the New 52.

Extraordinary Member

To an extent, that's true. But it's also not true. Marvel is still fundamentally changing their universe to be more like the movie universe. For example, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been retconned as no longer being Magneto's children. Why? Because Marvel studios doesn't own the film rights to the X-Men and they wanted to use those two in the Avengers movies.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

And yet Marvel seemingly has just as much of a problem keeping readers otherwise they wouldn't constantly feel the need relaunch and renumber books when they fall below a certain amount of sales. Frankly, I don't think they are doing so hot either or at least their mainline titles seem to be having trouble with a lot of the recently relaunched titles falling lower sales wise compared to the counterpart titles from before SW.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-12-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Main earth or not doesn't matter. That's not the main Superman and everyone knows it. No Romita for that Superman, no Pak or [insert other hot/big/cool creators].
    But that's the excuse you gave it for not selling well, that it wasn't of consequence to the larger continuity.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Lol X-files? the quality and ratings took a gigantic nosedive and its literally just 3 episodes in.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

But that's the excuse you gave it for not selling well, that it wasn't of consequence to the larger continuity.
    And Main Earth was proffered as to why it is of consequence and I disagree. That's not the main Superman anymore and that matters to cash-strapped readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Lol X-files? the quality and ratings took a gigantic nosedive and its literally just 3 episodes in.
    What on earth are you talking about? Read the news
    http://www.thewrap.com/x-files-the-b...ngs-supergirl/
    http://headlineplanet.com/home/2016/...in-week-three/
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...nch-since-2009