Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Fraction and the Allreds on FF

That was one of marvels best books of the last 20 years.
    Agreed 100%

Also for me is Marguerite Bennet/Stephanie Hans (+ some others) working with Angela and Sera. I never had any interest in Angela at all until 1602 Witch Hunter Angela was announced and now it's one of my favorite books being published. This is probably more due to the fact that her role was largely undefined in the MU prior to her Asgard's Assassin series, but still. That book is just great.

Kieron Gillen writing Journey Into Mystery. I never cared for Loki, but Gillen was just so good with him, and I really loved that book.

Also I thought the art team on the most recent Young Avengers (Jamie McKelvie, Mike Norton, Matt Wilson) was absolutely perfect. The facial expressions, the new character designs, the bright colors, the reality-warping page designs, the double-page spreads, the backgrounds, everything was fantastic and it really fit the new and young and exciting nature of that group of characters.
    Last edited by teamhawkeyes; 02-13-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I second Fraction and Allred's FF, that really was one of the best Marvel comics in, like, the past 30 freaking years. So many ideas and concepts and just so so so so much fun.

Jeff Parker's AGENTS OF ATLAS is right next to it.

I also really dig Nick Spencer/Daniel Acuna on Sam Wilson, and am looking forward to his CAPTAIN AMERICA with Steve Rodgers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    Gerry Duggen has a great handle on Deadpool, his run has taken deadpool from the character that no one in the Marvel universe would hang around with to the Deadpool the Avenger.
    I used to have nothing but apathy for Deadpool. I didn't hate, didn't love him. But after reading "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", he made me warm up to Wade a little, I even enjoy him on Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...that I can think of:

- Not character per se, but Kurt Busiek and George Perez on Avengers.

- Christopher Priest on Black Panther.

- Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen on Iron Man.

- Nick Spencer on Sam Wilson.
    I definitely agree with these. I'd also like to add

• Mark Waid and Ron Garney on Captain America
    • Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting on Captain America
    • Roger Stern on Avengers
    • Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco on Avengers Forever

Honestly, I could go on and on. For more recent comics...

• G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona - on Ms. Marvel
    • KSD on Captain Marvel
    • Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic on Thor
    • Nick Spencer on Sam Wilson: Captain America (Hopefully I can say this about Captain America: Steve Rogers, when that comes out too)
    • Mark Waid on ANAD Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I also really dig Nick Spencer/Daniel Acuna on Sam Wilson, and am looking forward to his CAPTAIN AMERICA with Steve Rodgers back.
    Me too.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'll second the Kieron Gillen and Loki connection. Just awesome.

Si Spurrier and Legion.
    Si Spurrier and Doctor Nemesis

John Buscema and Namor
    Frank Brunner and Dr Strange
    Walt Simonson and Balder and Karnilla
    Steranko and Nick Fury
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spectacular Member

Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning on both Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova (Rich Rider). Both of those series were fantastic and their GotG run is what James Gunn drew on for the movie.

Mike Carey and first Humberto Ramos followed by Chris Bachalo on the first volume of X-Men Legacy. It focused mostly on Rogue and her team of X-Men, including Gambit, Rachel Grey, Havok, and Polaris, and it was a refreshing take on a Cyclops less X-Men. It also established Rogue as a main character and leader.

Agreed with PAD on X-Factor.

Fabian Nicienza on Cable/Deadpool. If your a fan of Duggan's Deadpool, you have to check out Nicienza's version.

Ed Brubaker on Captain America and on Iron Fist. Makes you wonder why Marvel didn't hang on to Brubaker, he did wonders for characters.

Spectacular Member

Greg Rucka on the Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I certainly didn't expect Cullen Bunn's Magneto to be as good as it was, but holy mackerel. He's the best writer to handle Mags since Claremont.

Definitely agree about Byrne on Alpha Flight. He crafted something really special. It's a bummer that pretty much no one save Byrne, except for maybe Liu, briefly, has really handled Aurora that well since and typically just write her as a crazy b-word.

Also: I didn't expect to like Robbie Thompson on Silk as much as I do, but I really like it a lot. Tom King and Walta's Vision blew me away, and that one I did not expect to give a damn about. I didn't know what to expect with Wilson's Ms Marvel, and I was skeptical about the Inhuman titles, but those have been great. And I was incredibly dubious about Taylor writing Laura as Wolverine, especially since the first couple previews I saw did not inspire much confidence in me. But, that book is now the one I look forward to the most and the only X-title that really makes me happy.
    Totally agree with Bunn on Uncanny X-Men and with Mags as well as Taylor and Laura.

Additionally Charles Soule and many of the Inhumans characters I've enjoyed immensely, the books I've mentioned in this post generally are my most anticipated each month.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough