Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Great, GREAT issue. Here's hoping that Rebirth has a super-title for Landis, even if it's a fringe thing. "The Super Man", featuring new-to-metropolis Clark Kent establishing himself, t shirt ruffled, jeans ripped, body bruised by bursting bomb shells...that could really work.

He just hits every character very fully, very powerfully, very effectively. Oliver Queen hits. He articulates that character's struggle wonderfully. Lex Luthor hits. He articulates that mentality so well. Even Dick Grayson hits. Sure, there are a lot of moments that are a little wink wink nudge nudge with Dick and Lex, but hey, that's part of the fun.

Since the moderators prefer we discuss the issue in a separate thread than a preview thread so that people can avoid spoilers if they wish, I created a new thread to talk about this issue.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well I think it's just Jae Lee's art style. His Clark looks somewhat asian too.

I think this is also the way he draws Lois. I recall his Lois during his BATMAN/SUPERMAN run looked asian at times.

Anyway, I am loving this series. if Rebirth is some sort of reboot (and no, I don't buy the "it's not a Reboot and it never was" jazz. I remember until about three months into the New 52 DC saying the same about that until they had to acknowledge otherwise) I wouldn't mind American Alien or portions of being incorperated into the continuity. I liked Morrison's run....but so far this is the best Superman Origin since Birthright.
    Speaking of Birthright, that was another one they denied was a reboot until fans pointed out the obvious contradictions with MOS. As I said on another thread, THEIR definition of a reboot and OUR definition of a reboot might be completely different things. I predict more of a merger with the pre-Flashpoint continuity. Incorporate some elements that fans liked while keeping more popular elements of the current universe.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well I think it's just Jae Lee's art style. His Clark looks somewhat asian too.

I think this is also the way he draws Lois. I recall his Lois during his BATMAN/SUPERMAN run looked asian at times.
    Yeah, I'm aware of it, that's why I put "asian Lois" in quotes. I like Jae Lee's art style and also his "asian" Clark/Superman. I'd like him to work more often on the character.

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    "The Super Man", featuring new-to-metropolis Clark Kent establishing himself, t shirt ruffled, jeans ripped, body bruised by bursting bomb shells...that could really work.
    please don't get my hopes up.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Speaking of Birthright, that was another one they denied was a reboot until fans pointed out the obvious contradictions with MOS. As I said on another thread, THEIR definition of a reboot and OUR definition of a reboot might be completely different things. I predict more of a merger with the pre-Flashpoint continuity. Incorporate some elements that fans liked while keeping more popular elements of the current universe.
    Well According to this , you might be right.

We will know a lot more in 24 hours time, I'm sure.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I feel as if we were still like 10 years ago, with DC tweaking continuity by bring back things from the past and from different media after Infinite Crisis.
    Am I a fool if I hope that this time they've learned the lesson, and Rebirth will be "One Year Later" done right?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

"The old stuff you liked" covers a lot of ground for a lot of people. I wonder what this means for things like Superman and WW relationship for instance. Or the status of his parents. Or even his suit! I especially wonder that this means for Mr. and Mrs. Superman.