Super Moderator

Default How Many Faces Can You Recognize From Mike Allred's "Silver Surfer" #5 Cover?

Artist Mike Allred drew dozens of recognizable faces from the comics industry for the cover of May's "Silver Surfer" #5 -- how many can you name?

Full article here.

I see Gaiman, the Allreds, Stan and Jack, Alonso, Kevin Smith, Jim Lee, Steranko, Brevoort, the DeFractions... a LOT I feel like I recognize but can't place. Curious to see who else people can pick out!

Rucka, frank miller, paul pope next to rucka

Chip Baskets!

Morrison behind stan and jack

Where is Slott?

Amazing Member

I see a lot of famous people, but only a couple comic-related.

Silver Surfer's hand is pointing to Dude from Big Lebowski. In front of him is Billy Corgan wearing white t-shirt.

Behind the guy with popcorn is 90's Luke Perry, 2nd guy under Surfer's right foot is young Michael Landon.

In front of Steranko is Liza Minelli and Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, and in the right hand corner there's a baby Mick Jagger. Other kid could be Brian Jones.

Yeah, I don't know comic folks. Billy Corgan may be Grant Morrison and The Dude Alan Moore.

All-New Member

Right below Dawn looks like Joe Quesada. The bald guy with the beard squinting on the right may be Warren Ellis or Jason Aaron. Maybe the blond guy below Jack Kirby is John Byrne? John Romita Sr., John Buscema or Steve Englehart in front of Brevoort? Brian Michael Bendis below the dogs?

Is that Quintavius quire on the bottom left?
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Moish View Post
    The bald guy with the beard squinting on the right may be Warren Ellis or Jason Aaron.
    I think it's Brian Azzarello.

Could the guy on the upper right corner wearing what looks like a smoking jacket be Bob Kane? The woman next to him is certainly terrified, but then again, his head isn't big enough

Amazing Member

That looks like George R R Martin below Brevoort, and to his left Gail Simone?

I also want to say the person right at the back in the middle is Frazetta, but not really sure on that.

Beyond that I think I just have mostly who other people have - Gaiman, Kirby, Lee, Alonso, Kevin Smith, Morrison, Kelly Sue Deconnick, Matt Fraction etc

There are definitely others who look familiar - white haired guy with black jacket at the back, black guy with shaved sides of his head on the left, older black guy with red shirt and guy at the bottom with slicked back blonde hair and a beard all are ringing bells most notably.

Christian LeBlanc

I'm 2nd from the top, far left (I did the 3D for Mike's Madman In Your Face 3D Special, as well as the Madman Comin' Atcha 3D Cards)...and this completely blows me away!!!

ItMe.jpg

This is a fantastic cover! Love how it honors so many people even if you might not know them. Beautifully made and I always respect artwork that pays tribute to others. Love the cover so much.

sasuto23

Dude on the top holding the girl in purple really looks like Willem Dafoe.
    Also really makes me happy to see Gerard Way on there, I love that man.

I can't get into Silver Surfer Light.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Heeeey guys

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    Heeeey guys

Heeeeeeyyyyy.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast