Default Green Lantern Pre 52 relevance?

I really am digging space adventure comics and the New GL books are ok, not great but ok

Is it worth going back and reading GL v.3 1-181 issues?

Fun read, good writing?

How relevant are they to today's books/characters?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    I really am digging space adventure comics and the New GL books are ok, not great but ok

Is it worth going back and reading GL v.3 1-181 issues?

Fun read, good writing?

How relevant are they to today's books/characters?
    A good chunk of it was retconned or written out during Johns's run but if you don't care about that sort of thing here's some stories to start with:

The Road Back
    A Guy and His G'nort
    Mosaic
    The issue where Alan Scott came back I remember being alright

After issue 25, Gerard Jones (the writer who started vol. 3) became more inconsistent as a writer but the following story was alright:
    The Third Law

For Spinoff titles, I liked Mosaic and Green Lantern Corps Quarterly. Guy Gardner was alright but it depends on how much you like humor in your comics. The series takes a different direction around issue 22 when it becomes Guy Gardner: Warrior. It had one of the best takes on Guy but some readers couldn't get past the new powers he got. Also had a great supporting cast too along with Guy opening a bar.

As for Kyle's run, a few parts in trade. Here's what I've read:

Emerald Twilight/A New Dawn
    Circle of Fire
    The Power of Ion
    Emerald Knights (Kyle meets pre-Parallax Hal for the first time though don't see how this story still works after the Parallax retcon)
    Green Lantern/Silver Surfer
    Baptism of Fire

Of those, I liked The Power of Ion the most. Emerald Twilight is important due to how it led to Kyle's introduction and Hal becoming Parallax, but opinions vary on how good that story is. I would read that too and decide for yourself.

Overall vol. 3 was pretty good up till the last two years of the title. If you see anything with Ben Raab, I would skip it. Apart from Amon Sur his run was pretty boring and he turned Kyle into Hal-lite. I also didn't care for Kyle flying off to space near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    A good chunk of it was retconned or written out during Johns's run but if you don't care about that sort of thing here's some stories to start with:

The Road Back
    A Guy and His G'nort
    Mosaic
    The issue where Alan Scott came back I remember being alright

After issue 25, Gerard Jones (the writer who started vol. 3) became more inconsistent as a writer but the following story was alright:
    The Third Law

For Spinoff titles, I liked Mosaic and Green Lantern Corps Quarterly. Guy Gardner was alright but it depends on how much you like humor in your comics. The series takes a different direction around issue 22 when it becomes Guy Gardner: Warrior. It had one of the best takes on Guy but some readers couldn't get past the new powers he got. Also had a great supporting cast too along with Guy opening a bar.

As for Kyle's run, a few parts in trade. Here's what I've read:

Emerald Twilight/A New Dawn
    Circle of Fire
    The Power of Ion
    Emerald Knights (Kyle meets pre-Parallax Hal for the first time though don't see how this story still works after the Parallax retcon)
    Green Lantern/Silver Surfer
    Baptism of Fire

Of those, I liked The Power of Ion the most. Emerald Twilight is important due to how it led to Kyle's introduction and Hal becoming Parallax, but opinions vary on how good that story is. I would read that too and decide for yourself.

Overall vol. 3 was pretty good up till the last two years of the title. If you see anything with Ben Raab, I would skip it. Apart from Amon Sur his run was pretty boring and he turned Kyle into Hal-lite. I also didn't care for Kyle flying off to space near the end.

Hey thanks man, I will check it out