Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Warner Bros. Teases "Batman Unlimited" at Vegas Licensing Expo

A display at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo is promoting "Batman Unlimited," but is it a new animated series or something else?

Full article here.

Mighty Member

*insert disappointment about not seeing a cartoon about another DCU hero here*

It seems like this one will be based on the existing toyline. It makes sense business-wise, but I just hope the series does not end up being blatantly toyetic like the recent Marvel cartoons are, and will have some substance to it.

BANNED

Yes, because good writing and storytelling don't matter at all. Just as long as it looks "purdy".
    I said looks better in 2D, mention nothing about writing as it's just an image, for all I know it has even worse writing and storytelling than what Beware of the Batman had.
    Last edited by Vidocq; 06-18-2014 at 10:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    *insert disappointment about not seeing a cartoon about another DCU hero here*

It seems like this one will be based on the existing toyline. It makes sense business-wise, but I just hope the series does not end up being blatantly toyetic like the recent Marvel cartoons are, and will have some substance to it.
    As long as Batman continues to sell then DC will continue to shove him down our throats

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Ew, that symbol is bad.

Being based off a toy line, I fear the show would be merchandise driven (well, more so), and if so, I don't think Batman of all characters needs that to sell toys. Well, can't be any worse than Ultimate Spider-man's "Spider-Cycle". Ugh.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Ultimate Member

I'm one of the biggest Batman fanatics that you'll ever meet, but even I'm kind of getting tired of it. We just had a Batman show, and it got cancelled after 1 season. Batman has had multiple TV shows of the past few decades. Meanwhile, Superman has only gotten one, GL got one (cancelled after 1 season), and Wonder Woman has gotten ZERO. I'd much rather that WW finally get her own show than see another Batman one. Or Flash, Aquaman, JLD, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Batman fanatics that you'll ever meet, but even I'm kind of getting tired of it. We just had a Batman show, and it got cancelled after 1 season. Batman has had multiple TV shows of the past few decades. Meanwhile, Superman has only gotten one,
    What about Legion of Superheroes and Smallville? There was also Krypto the Superdog.

Batman is literally a cancer
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ugh, I'm so sick of Batman cartoons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    As long as Batman continues to sell then DC will continue to shove him down our throats
    His comics are good but there is no need to make other mediums only about him.

Amazing Member

If this is going to be on Cartoon Network, you might as well sound the guns on what it is going to be. With two reboots supporting the new formula and two more coming also looking to fit that mold, i wouldn't be expecting this to be any different. Which means it'll be a Batman show tailor made to CN's current humor stance. So CN can soak in some ratings and sponsor money on WB's bigger brands without having to show them in their more popular forms. DC seems to have been engulfed into this as much as the older brands are for some strange reason.

I assume though they consider it collateral damage at this point to be backing them. One conversation would lead to another, and anything that could officially shatter the image CN wants to present (even though all evidence we as the public can see might as well spit it in our faces) will be sheleved and ignored. Needless to say this is why parent WB licensed out several shows CN sat on to another channel for crying out loud. But this brings us to the big issue.

While CN can be a laughing stock in terms of what they push, as long as they produce good enough, they aren't in any danger of being forced to change. And whether we like it or not, the current stock at CN is doing fairly well. So if this show becomes what it probably will be it could be a huge success even if certain fans will consider it an abomination. But i'd imagine some are still upset that CN stopped pandering to the previous market they tried, but some of those people need to take a better look at where the majority/minority lines are drawn. As in truth the new reboot model stands to please a lot more people than the previous did.

However this could all be for not, if this is a direct to video series, away from CN, then fans can expect more variety and more chances to probably get what they want. So there's always that hope. It's what keeping faith in some of the other lines available, disgruntled DC fans should hop on board and start working that angle too (more so then they already are). Since it's a blessing we get new productions without that middle man in the way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    What about Legion of Superheroes and Smallville? There was also Krypto the Superdog.
    Smallville wasn't an animated show. LOSH got one show that was cancelled after two seasons (and not many people remember or are fond of it). Even less know about the Krypto show. Speaking of which, freaking Krypto got a show before WW? There's something just not right about that.

Given the lack of success they've had with cartoons lately, I'd say they're just expanding the toy line.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

"Batman Unlimited" sounds like the amount of shows that DC is willing to give Bruce.

They should have kept Beware the Batman going. It was pretty much turning into a Batman and the Outsiders show and that was pretty cool. Sure the animation was jarring to get used to, but the story-lines got good enough that it was worth it if you stuck with it. If they continued the narrative of that, even if they change the animation and name; then it would be great because it means more Outsiders content but I doubt they'll do that...
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan