Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Smallville wasn't an animated show. LOSH got one show that was cancelled after two seasons (and not many people remember or are fond of it). Even less know about the Krypto show. Speaking of which, freaking Krypto got a show before WW? There's something just not right about that.
    ... I remember and am fond of LOSH...

Great point about Krypto and WW, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    What could they do with Batman that hasn't been done recently? We've seen dark and broody, we've seen him on the Justice League, we've seen him with kid versions of Batgirl and Robin, we've see Silver Age team up and we've seen him in terrible CGI. What (reasonable) genre is left?

I would rather see CN develop some other hero and bring it in line with their comedy focus. I could see Flash, Green Lantern and Booster Gold starring in a show together. You have two different brands of funny with the former and latter, while GL plays the straight man.
    It's not as bad as some Marvel tv shows though where they repeatedly go back to tired storylines. Most DC animated work is original, but the same can't be said for Marvel. Their best show, Avengers Assemble was almost nothing else than animation of comic storylines. It's nice to see at first, but seeing the Symbiote saga again for the 100 gorillionth time is boring.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It's not as bad as some Marvel tv shows though where they repeatedly go back to tired storylines. Most DC animated work is original, but the same can't be said for Marvel. Their best show, Avengers Assemble was almost nothing else than animation of comic storylines. It's nice to see at first, but seeing the Symbiote saga again for the 100 gorillionth time is boring.
    You mean Earth's Mightiest Heroes? Assemble seems to ape the movies as much as possible.

Also, everyone knows Marvel's best show is Spectacular Spider-Man.

batman-unlimited-101120.jpg
    Batman_Trapped_in_Time_001.jpg
    NGQbml.jpg

It kind of looks like a mix of the suits from Trapped in time and War/Son of Batman. Maybe DC is planning a sequel to trapped in time or another direct to dvd movie like that but this time staring only Batman?

I want to be excited about this. I really do. But lately, DC has really bungled their animation. After canceling Green Lantern and Young Justice prematurely, they completely abandoned Beware the Batman. And if they can't get Batman right, then what hope do they have? I don't know what has been causing the ineptitude since the end of Justice League Unlimited, but it needs to change.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    [...] I don't know what has been causing the ineptitude since the end of Justice League Unlimited, but it needs to change.
    CN shows such as Adventure Time or Regular Show are extremely popular with viewers of all ages and they have successful merchandise as well. There doesn't seem to be a demand for more serious, action-oriented cartoons at CN. That's why GLTAS, Young Justice and Beware the Batman were pulled as soon as opportunity presented itself.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Extraordinary Member

Batman is literally a cancer
    This kind of post is why Literally now means figuratively in the dictionary
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    *insert disappointment about not seeing a cartoon about another DCU hero here*

It seems like this one will be based on the existing toyline. It makes sense business-wise, but I just hope the series does not end up being blatantly toyetic like the recent Marvel cartoons are, and will have some substance to it.
    Dude, pretty much every cartoon nowadays has merch. Hell, being based on an established toyline means the show can take more risks

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    CN shows such as Adventure Time or Regular Show are extremely popular with viewers of all ages and they have successful merchandise as well. There doesn't seem to be a demand for more serious, action-oriented cartoons at CN. That's why GLTAS, Young Justice and Beware the Batman were pulled as soon as opportunity presented itself.
    CN really needs to get a block of shows oriented towards tweens and teens again. That's really the only way we are going to get good non-comedy shows back on air.

Extraordinary Member

Batman is literally a cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I want to be excited about this. I really do. But lately, DC has really bungled their animation. After canceling Green Lantern and Young Justice prematurely, they completely abandoned Beware the Batman. And if they can't get Batman right, then what hope do they have? I don't know what has been causing the ineptitude since the end of Justice League Unlimited, but it needs to change.
    If I recall correctly, and don't quote me on this, the cause has been "CN screws the show's over with lack of advertisements and scheduling rearrangements."

Mighty Member

Let's also keep in mind that this may not be a full-fledged series. It could be one of those animated DTVs like the Justice League time traveling one based on the JL toyline.
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 06-19-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Fantastic Member

lame sick of Batman shows... if this is even a series.

Give me a Aquaman or Wonder Woman animated series.
    Last edited by Maverick; 06-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This kind of post is why Literally now means figuratively in the dictionary

Dude, pretty much every cartoon nowadays has merch. Hell, being based on an established toyline means the show can take more risks
    But is this toy line really established?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    lame sick of Batman shows... if this is even a series.

Give me a Aquaman or Wonder Woman animated series.
    Seconded. I'd even love a Suicide Squad animated series.

BANNED

Lets see now.

1.Batman the animated series got 109 episodes
    2.Batman Beyond got 52 episodes.
    3.The Batman got 65 episodes.
    4.Batman The Brave and the Bold got 65 episodes.

Beware the Batman was the first Modern Batman cartoon to get cancelled at one season with 26 episodes, Why did they cancel the show?.

Mystery Solved - Batman Unlimited is a Direct to DVD!

http://legionsofgotham.blogspot.com/...imited-is.html