Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    The budget of the movie was only $58 Million? Did they send all of the FX work to foreign shops?
    Not using 3D or 4D technology keeps the things cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Not using 3D or 4D technology keeps the things cheap.
    They also kept it simple. Shoot they made jokes about the budget meaning they had to keep it simple.

Kind of refreshing to see that a Superhero movie can be made at a 90 minute time frame instead of the nearly 3 hour bladder busters that is the norm nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    All those "this is going to bomb" predictors are quiet

I won't name names, mainly because it's against forum rules to target individuals but it is still funny to me.
    On the CBR Facebook page I saw virtually no negativity towards the film, so this surprises me. The film was just as awesome as I hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    Kind of refreshing to see that a Superhero movie can be made at a 90 minute time frame instead of the nearly 3 hour bladder busters that is the norm nowadays.
    Ironically, this was the only complaint I had. Movie was over before I wanted it to end.

Ultimate Member

Deadpool's success is very pleasing to folks like me that like their superhero movies with a healthy dose of humor (a man in spandex running around is actually quite funny when you think about it) and generally faithful to their source material.

At the end of the day, the Deadpool movie (and elements of the marketing campaign) was stuff ripped straight from the comics. I really feel that producers of the X-men movies could take some cues from this.

I also really love the character and I'm very happy for Ryan Reynolds because he really needed a hit like this.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-14-2016 at 12:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    The budget of the movie was only $58 Million? Did they send all of the FX work to foreign shops?
    It wasn't very high production value. Colossus particularly looked like he could have been made in the late 90's or early 2000's, kind of had a cheap static look about him. Granted it's a valid take on the character. But the Colossus in Days of Future past had better CGI and production values (even this was probably a better representation of the characters. No real heavy sets, mostly streets, bars, crappy houses, or labs that looked like basements. The biggest stunt was the explosion at the end. That was really my only gripe about the movie. It looked cheap. Though it probably overall benefitted the film for not looking polished.

Mighty Member

SWEET Man! most successful R-rated action film to become a hit in a long time and with the successes of this, Equalizer and Kingsman looks like Hollywood is waking up to learn that there is an audience for R-rated action films and could make more but with a good director and writer just like this one plus the right ingredients.

Maybe it can also wake up Hollywood to learn to take risks and can get rewarded but with the right kind, even also greenlight movies based on R-rated comic properties like a Spawn reboot to Ronin to The Sandman.

I'm proud to say I helped add to this box office. It was a very satisfying movie. It was also violent, crude, obscene, and downright disgusting at times. And for that very reason, it was perfectly befitting of a Deadpool movie. This is a character who, by his own nature, is NOT PG-13. And unlike 50 Shades of Grey, this movie is actually entertaining on top of showing more gratuitous nudity. How crazy is that?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    All those "this is going to bomb" predictors are quiet

I won't name names, mainly because it's against forum rules to target individuals but it is still funny to me.
    The "Fant4stic is gonna be awesome" ones were quiet, too, when that one did bomb.

So, it's a wash.

Box Office Mojo has the film at 135 million. That's...wow, I never imagined, I don't think anyone did. That beats the previous record by about 40 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

At the end of the day, the Deadpool movie (and elements of the marketing campaign) was stuff ripped straight from the comics. I really feel that producers of the X-men movies could take some cues from this.

I also really love the character and I'm very happy for Ryan Reynolds because he really needed a hit like this.
    you mean the same producers who are involved in both deadpool and the x-men films? simon kinberg and lauren schuler donner are both producers of deadpool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Box Office Mojo has the film at 135 million. That's...wow, I never imagined, I don't think anyone did. That beats the previous record by about 40 million.
    I honestly thought that is was going to be a decently reviewed (70% RT) with a 60 million opening weekend at best. Being over double that is pretty amazing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you mean the same producers who are involved in both deadpool and the x-men films? simon kinberg and lauren schuler donner are both producers of deadpool.
    Haha... I also have the feeling that Reynolds had a lot of input on how he thought Deadpool should be.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It wasn't very high production value. Colossus particularly looked like he could have been made in the late 90's or early 2000's, kind of had a cheap static look about him. Granted it's a valid take on the character. But the Colossus in Days of Future past had better CGI and production values (even this was probably a better representation of the characters. No real heavy sets, mostly streets, bars, crappy houses, or labs that looked like basements. The biggest stunt was the explosion at the end. That was really my only gripe about the movie. It looked cheap. Though it probably overall benefitted the film for not looking polished.
    Yeah I think the low production value absolutely worked 100%. I just hope they don't go way in over their heads for the sequel, just keep it simple like this.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.