Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Question Deadpool Movie Continuity Problem?

Wolverine: Origins, which takes place from the 1800s to 1960s, features Deadpool (same actor, too). He has already been created and at the end of the movie, he survived. In the new Deadpool movie, however, it shows him being created in the year 2016, but Wolverine stills knows him somehow. How is this possible?

Fox erased everything remember? DoFP?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I think the Deadpool franchise will play fast and loose with any previously established continuity. And let's face it, the X-Men franchise is just a mess in that regard.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

When it comes to the continuity that exists between the X-Men movies it's probably best to take it with a pinch of salt (or possibly a few).

This film series has lasted longer than anyone involved with it ever thought it would. It wasn't designed to slot together perfectly.

The simple answer: the people in charge have spent the last several years trying to erase everything that happened in The Last Stand and Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjiv2001 View Post
    In the new Deadpool movie, however, it shows him being created in the year 2016, but Wolverine stills knows him somehow. How is this possible?
    Easy, he just met Wolverine at some point in the new timeline. IIRC doesn't he say this isn't the first time he's encountered the X-Men?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm still wondering how 1996's "Generation X" movie works into things.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Fox erased everything remember? DoFP?
    Theoretically if the events of Wolverine Origins takes place before the events of DOFP (and I'm not entirely sure that's the case) then it should be uneffected.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Theoretically if the events of Wolverine Origins takes place before the events of DOFP (and I'm not entirely sure that's the case) then it should be uneffected.
    The explanations for how the reboot worked makes no sense since it also somehow altered things that should already have happened before Mystique changed the timeline at the end of the movie. For instance, there's no reason it should have somehow made Psylocke and Angel be born decades earlier, but it somehow did because they're just trying to ignore what happened in The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

I like to think Deadpool movie universe is different from Singer's X-Men universe, mostly because of costumes (stupid reason I know).
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

BANNED

This movie is definitely set later in new time line that Wolverine and Mystique created, as Colossus is much older. They never explicitly say it was Wolverine's healing factor that Deadpool was a test subject for, since at this point we don't know if Weapon-X ever got him (Wolverine now has bone claws in both timelines so which one the next Wolverine movie takes place in will be a bigger question).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm still wondering how 1996's "Generation X" movie works into things.
    Instead of wondering if it ever did?

Deadpool even calls out the continuity mess in the movie, it's pretty clear they won't care about it on this side of the franchise.

All-New Member

Is it possible that Wolverine, the only one who knows what happened in both timelines, knew Deadpool would be created at some point and tried to seek him out?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Origins takes place (the 'current' setting) in the early 1980's. The vehicles give that away.

X-Men continuity was screwed up by First Class. I believe it was meant to be a complete and total reboot of the X-Franchise and then they backtracked on that idea and tried to tie them together with DOFP.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 02-14-2016 at 05:00 AM.