Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    Maxpower, Jeff: I'm not having any problem switching user agents within all my browsers to show the full site. Let me know what device, OS and browser youre using, and I can point you to a solution.
    Das!

Samsung note pro 12, android 4.4, firefox. I've just noticed that there's an option to "request desktop site", but it doesn't remember that setting globally, ex. opening a thread in a new tab.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 05-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Maxpower, Jeff: I'm not having any problem switching user agents within all my browsers to show the full site. Let me know what device, OS and browser youre using, and I can point you to a solution.
    iPhone 4/Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Das!

Samsung note pro 12, android 4.4, firefox. I've just noticed that there's an option to "request desktop site", but it doesn't remember that setting globally, ex. opening a thread in a new tab.
    So, on my device, when I set "desktop device" for a particular site, it continues to remember it. I don't have 4.4 on any machine yet because there's no reliable root for my devices, so I can't replicate your problem. Sorry.

ETA: However, there is an android add-on from Mozilla: Custom UserAgent String

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    iPhone 4/Safari
    Sorry, Safari for iOS does not allow you to change user agents. You'll either have to find relevant file in the backup, edit and then reload it. Or use a third party browser that lets you change user agents.

Sorry, Safari for iOS does not allow you to change user agents. You'll either have to find relevant file in the backup, edit and then reload it. Or use a third party browser that lets you change user agents.
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait and see if CBR changes things up before I do that. I wouldn't wanna screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    3. Need to brand a new mobile version of the forums -- Tapatalk is what people like? How about Forum Runner?
    Casting a vote for Tapatalk support

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait and see if CBR changes things up before I do that. I wouldn't wanna screw it up.
    Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

I hear the Chrome for iOS experience is pretty good. If that appeals to you, you could try it. It lets you request the desktop site for the settings drop-down menu.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

I hear the Chrome for iOS experience is pretty good. If that appeals to you, you could try it. It lets you request the desktop site for the settings drop-down menu.
    You were more than helpful and I appreciate it. Maybe when I have some time, I'll look into what you've suggested.

All-New Member

So, on my device, when I set "desktop device" for a particular site, it continues to remember it. I don't have 4.4 on any machine yet because there's no reliable root for my devices, so I can't replicate your problem. Sorry.

ETA: However, there is an android add-on from Mozilla: Custom UserAgent String
    Is there no setting to toggle on the forum owner's software? Almost every site on the internet with a mobile version has a link at the bottom of the page to view full/desktop version. Even forums.

All-New Member

Another vote for Tapatalk

BANNED

Same problem here. I have a old school phone and it is terrible to try to go on this site with it. Before the changes it looked just like the same site. Now it is really weird and messed up. You can't even go to the second page of any of the forums.

All-New Member

I vote for tapatalk

I'd really like the option to use the normal web version.

Quote Originally Posted by errant View Post
    Is there no setting to toggle on the forum owner's software? Almost every site on the internet with a mobile version has a link at the bottom of the page to view full/desktop version. Even forums.
    For whatever reason, vBulletin's mobile software doesn't seem to offer that option. Which is why we're stuck with asking the browser to do the job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Same problem here. I have a old school phone and it is terrible to try to go on this site with it. Before the changes it looked just like the same site. Now it is really weird and messed up. You can't even go to the second page of any of the forums.
    Can't guarantee it, but I can look for a solution: Device/OS/Version/Browser