Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Live-Action Moon Knight! (Ideas)

Moon Knight is one of those heroes people have been thinking should get a shot on Netlfix after their Phase One plans culminate in "The Defenders." How do you all think MK should be brought into the MCU? Should it be on Netflix or should it be movies? If MK is Marvel's Batman, should he emulate that franchise or stay more grounded with "Daredevil" and be part of that crowd? How crazy should MK be? Who should his supporting cast be? Should there be more ties to the MCU in his backstory to make things more connected than his comics counterpart? Is he more a street hero, should they explore his supernatural roots, or his Avengers history? White suit - yes or no? MK's got a rich enough history and enough comic book interpretations that a live-action version could be any number of things...

I have some ideas, but I'll reserve them and see what y'all say...

Most definitely a Netflix series that has a long and twisted narrative much like Ellis/wood/Bunns last run on the character. Or they should adapt Hustons "the bottom." I'm hoping the rumors are true that he will get a Netflix series in the future!

BANNED

If they do make a Moon Knight series, I hope they adapt the story "Hit It". Man that was powerful, even though it brought the run of creative team Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz to and end. That was really an almost un-toppable issue.

But it would really work best as a Netflix series IMO. And then have him join the defenders along with some other street level characters.

I've seen a lot of talk about Moon Knight joining the Defenders lineup of heroes, but the real reason I started this thread is because I've started thinking that rather than be a second-tier hero in the Netflix MCU, maybe he should be a prominent member of the next phase of Marvel movies! By the time "The Defenders" hits, Netflix will have NYC street heroes well covered. But the movie universe doesn't have a prominent vigilante franchise - MK really could be Marvel's Batman, just less serious... and a lot more "Indiana Jones." Take into account his past as a mercenary, his quasi-mystical origins and kooky/schizo personalities, I can see Marvel making Marc Spector the most hands-on, "street" hero of the cinematic MCU but with a foot still in the Indiana Jones, Egyptian god, mystical bent. He has a kooky personality, a built-in cast of helpers, multiple identities that don't involve a mask (which helps give the actors more to do than fight and the CGI dept less to do as well), and fun toys/gadgets!

"Moon Knight" is my nomination for the MCU's Batman ... i.e. a more fun, adventurous version.

The biggest thing holding him back in live-action might be that costume though ... white won't work, maybe he'd look like a caped Storm Trooper. Silvery?... Black would be weird for him, and too much like Batman... Even if they just made the hood and cape white, that'd be weird, wouldn't it? Could that look good?

I always wondered why Disney/Marvel Studios does not do this:

Make stand alone movie universes featuring characters that they feel do not "fit" the MCU. What I'm saying is, Marvel Studios could do very little when Sony rebooted Spider-Man with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Now, if they got full possession, they'd do everything in their power to make a Spider-Man movie that is part of the MCU. However, I know they don't have the same kind of motivation for a character like Blade? They own full rights to the character and granted, they'll have to release the movie a title that'll probably go like "Marvel's Blade", just they have to have the little "Marvel Daredevil" for the Netflix show, because Fox has copyrighted Daredevil as a movie title due to the release of Ben Affleck Fox movie.

Now, if Marvel Studios were to produce and release a fully standalone Blade movie or say a Moon Knight movie, without any connection to the MCU, they can have their cake and eat it too. If they release the movie and it doesn't succeed, they can always bring the character into the MCU, much like how they are going to do with the new Spider-Man movie. There are no time constraints with characters like Blade or Moon Knight. Given how crazy the MCU can potentially be (they are putting together the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, which will play with the concepts of space and time and various other cosmic ideas, they could very well just use a dimension warp to bring their characters in-house, if need be.

I think Marvel should really look into trying to make stand-alone movies, alongside what they are continuing with the MCU. A lot of their characters stand apart from the MCU, mainly the mutants. Making stand-alone movies gives them the freedom to continue making their MCU movies, but also be able to test the water to make movies about their characters without needing to alter them to fit a certain continuity.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The biggest thing holding him back in live-action might be that costume though ... white won't work, maybe he'd look like a caped Storm Trooper. Silvery?... Black would be weird for him, and too much like Batman... Even if they just made the hood and cape white, that'd be weird, wouldn't it? Could that look good?
    They should go with his current costume.

I support a Netflix series.
    The producers/writers should be people who really care about Moon Knight and are mature enough to get beyond all the knee-jerk Batman comparisons. This is paramount.

New casting idea for a cinematic Moon Knight: Adam Driver. He's got the Star Wars franchise and Disney might give him another one in the MCU. Driver can totally pull off Marc Spector as crazy, as a mercenary (Driver has served in the military already), and an ass-kicker.

Man, these double posts are annoying ... Hope CBR gets to the bottom of this - deleting those longer threads hasn't seemed to help.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-13-2018 at 11:28 AM.

https://www.newsarama.com/41331-iron...on-knight.html

They keep teasing us, but at least it means there's actual interest from people who can make these decisions. Maybe Gunn will get on MK now that he's off Guardians. Oddly enough, after reading this article I was going to post my casting idea of Adam Driver, but duh - it appears I've had that idea already.

I wanted a full on supernatural setup for Phase 2 of Netflix but now that doesn't appear to be happening.

Blade, Moonie, Morbius, Werewolf by Night ... throw Daredevil in there.

I'd still be down with a MK series.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...-Wip-722991130

I thought it was a cool fan-art pitch. Not necesarily the best one but I like the ideas written. I'd probably focus on the supernatural crime fighter aspect for the first season(s) and then introduce the mental issues later on as a midseason twist. I'd probably set in in a different city cause I'm sick of NY and I'd use the Ellis/Shalvey suit as the main suit he wears.