Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I watched "Nightcrawler" last night specifically with MK in mind and I'm coming around to the idea of Gyllenhaal. He's shown he can do action, he can certainly act, and it would be the kind of "creative casting" that could generate interest.
    Im telling you, now watch southpaw its hard to believe its the same guy. Come in handy with all Marcs different personas.

If this happens any chance it has any of its supernatural roots? Like knoshu maybe being real and jack russel etc.. im guessing more likely Knoshu would be in it but they will mess with audience on if its real or not. Revealing in the end its all in his head. Jack russell and anything supernatural im guessing will be ditched. Unless they make a world for Moonknight where Blade and GR exist. Then maybe but not a big deal he works as a much crazier Batman as well. Doesnt need any supernatural stuff but I wouldnt be against it either i guess.

Fantastic Member

I think the smartest way to play it would be to leave it ambiguous as to whether the supernatural stuff is real or if Spector is just THAT nuts. In a similar sort of way to how in Daredevil they've had kung fu that stretches credibility but not to the point it goes full on wuxia/superhuman - Madame Gao somehow catching Matt Murdock unawares for example. In the case of MK it would be having him have full conversations with an avatar of Khonshu but never with a third party present - it MIGHT be real, it might be imaginary... but it's left ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    I think the smartest way to play it would be to leave it ambiguous as to whether the supernatural stuff is real or if Spector is just THAT nuts. In a similar sort of way to how in Daredevil they've had kung fu that stretches credibility but not to the point it goes full on wuxia/superhuman - Madame Gao somehow catching Matt Murdock unawares for example. In the case of MK it would be having him have full conversations with an avatar of Khonshu but never with a third party present - it MIGHT be real, it might be imaginary... but it's left ambiguous.
    Well his powers are ambiguous at best anyway. Doesnt matter if Khonshu is real, marc thinks he is. Power of the mind and all that business they have stated in the comics to throw doubt on Khonshu. Khonshu is 100% real in the comics right? They like to cast doubt now and then but i remember Khonshu and Marc helping tchalla with all that Bast stuff right? Iono i like Moonknight but havent read everything

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well his powers are ambiguous at best anyway. Doesnt matter if Khonshu is real, marc thinks he is. Power of the mind and all that business they have stated in the comics to throw doubt on Khonshu. Khonshu is 100% real in the comics right? They like to cast doubt now and then but i remember Khonshu and Marc helping tchalla with all that Bast stuff right? Iono i like Moonknight but havent read everything
    They've pretty much stated that Khonshu actually exists in the MCU, but it still doesn't detract from Marc having doubts whether he's real or in his head. It could be both and/or a mix for all the various times Khonshu has appeared to Marc. (kinda like how we're never really sure if we're seeing the real Dr Doom or a Doombot)

And I do love when they're ambiguous about it - if they do the movie, I fully expect some supernatural element, (Dr Strange will have set the stage for it) but still leaving things up for interpretation just how real Khonshu is. I really like the "Batman meets Indiana Jones" take on MK as a way to differentiate him. (and it'd give the MCU a different stage than NYC) If "Black Panther" has a cameo from Marc and Bushman, I'll lose my shit!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-22-2016 at 01:28 PM.

They've pretty much stated that Khonshu actually exists in the MCU, but it still doesn't detract from Marc having doubts whether he's real or in his head. It could be both and/or a mix for all the various times Khonshu has appeared to Marc. (kinda like how we're never really sure if we're seeing the real Dr Doom or a Doombot)

And I do love when they're ambiguous about it - if they do the movie, I fully expect some supernatural element, (Dr Strange will have set the stage for it) but still leaving things up for interpretation just how real Khonshu is. I really like the "Batman meets Indiana Jones" take on MK as a way to differentiate him. (and it'd give the MCU a different stage than NYC) If "Black Panther" has a cameo from Marc and Bushman, I'll lose my shit!
    If they explore the panther god that would be cool, but I think tchalla isnt gonna have any powers. All his enhanced senses will come from his mask probaly since its helmet like. At best they mention some mysterious heart shaped herb that
    raised his base strength and reflexes. As long as hes a badass ill be happy. Explain while other heros were being kids he was being trained as a warrior. Without a Panther God/Spirit connection to Khonshu not sure how they fit Moonknight into a BP.

If they made a MK movie i agree theres a chance we have alot of supernatural connection, maybe even jack russell. A netflix series probaly looks likr Donnie darko, meets a cross between Batman and Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Without a Panther God/Spirit connection to Khonshu not sure how they fit Moonknight into a BP.
    I wasn't thinking of the supernatural connection - more that Spector was very active in Africa as a mercenary when he worked for Bushman. So maybe they took a job in Wakanda at some point before ending up in Egypt...

Incredible Member

Moon Knight is a tough one, as the character has gone through so many different incarnations and revisions to his mission and persona (particularly in recent years), that it's kind of tough to pin down something really singularly identifiable about him. While a lot of the diversity works in a character who has as long a history as he does, it doesn't necessarily work in the media of the movies, where you might only get one relatively short window in which to showcase him to the world at large.

That said, I think my inclination would be to try and go back to the kind of environment of Marvel comics back in the 70s, in which you had kind of this quirky, semi-horror environment going on in Marvel's Los Angeles, which set it apart from the more standard spandex of New York City. I'm talking characters like Werewolf By Night (who Moonie was originally hired to destroy), Spider-Woman, the quirky villains that later became the staples of the Night Shift (Tatterdemalion, Gypsy Moth, Digger o' Doom, the Needler), the Enforcer, etc.

That's probably what I'd try to set up- sort of a horror branch of the MCU, away from New York and featuring some of these darker and more supernatural characters. I'd have Moon Knight be a part of that branch of things (along with other characters, like Ghost Rider, Blade, the Shroud, etc.). For villains you could have Master Pandemonium, MK's Committee, and similar. It would also help to try and make him something other than just a Batman analogue, which all too often writers seem to place him in the position of being.

Moon Knight might benefit more from a Netflix style short series, though, all said.

I wasn't thinking of the supernatural connection - more that Spector was very active in Africa as a mercenary when he worked for Bushman. So maybe they took a job in Wakanda at some point before ending up in Egypt...
    Maybe Marc and and bushman are on a job hunting down Claw. Bring them and tchallas paths to cross for a nice cameo.

Always loved how Taskmaster hated using MoonKnights fighting style. Because the crazy bastard rather take a punch then block it. An r rated moonknight could be nice contrast to Deadpool. An equally crazy guy but without the excessive humor. Iono Marc might be crazier

I support a Netflix series.
    The producers/writers should be people who really care about Moon Knight and are mature enough to get beyond all the knee-jerk Batman comparisons. This is paramount.

New casting idea for a cinematic Moon Knight: Adam Driver. He's got the Star Wars franchise and Disney might give him another one in the MCU. Driver can totally pull off Marc Spector as crazy, as a mercenary (Driver has served in the military already), and an ass-kicker.

Man, these double posts are annoying ... Hope CBR gets to the bottom of this - deleting those longer threads hasn't seemed to help.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-13-2018 at 11:28 AM.

https://www.newsarama.com/41331-iron...on-knight.html

They keep teasing us, but at least it means there's actual interest from people who can make these decisions. Maybe Gunn will get on MK now that he's off Guardians. Oddly enough, after reading this article I was going to post my casting idea of Adam Driver, but duh - it appears I've had that idea already.

I wanted a full on supernatural setup for Phase 2 of Netflix but now that doesn't appear to be happening.

Blade, Moonie, Morbius, Werewolf by Night ... throw Daredevil in there.

I'd still be down with a MK series.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...-Wip-722991130

I thought it was a cool fan-art pitch. Not necesarily the best one but I like the ideas written. I'd probably focus on the supernatural crime fighter aspect for the first season(s) and then introduce the mental issues later on as a midseason twist. I'd probably set in in a different city cause I'm sick of NY and I'd use the Ellis/Shalvey suit as the main suit he wears.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...-Wip-722991130

I thought it was a cool fan-art pitch. Not necesarily the best one but I like the ideas written. I'd probably focus on the supernatural crime fighter aspect for the first season(s) and then introduce the mental issues later on as a midseason twist. I'd probably set in in a different city cause I'm sick of NY and I'd use the Ellis/Shalvey suit as the main suit he wears.
    West Coast Avenger Moon Knight!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium