Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    6. Since Disney took over I feel that overall the comics Marvel is putting out there are targeting 10 year olds... Its just a shame. Of course there should be books for 10 year olds but there should also be books (and not just a few on the sideline) for adults. Thats what DC is doing way better right now... It just feels so much more mature over there. Things like Squirrel Girl or ChoHulk are ruining everything. Also ANAD Avengers is really close to getting too childish because of our 3 very young Avengers. Luckily I like Nova and Miles, I just can't stand Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel still has plenty of comics that are intended for older audiences.

1. I would show that the 616 carryover characters were interacting with a different set of laws now, and show their reaction to that. Asteroids and planets now move around chaotically in the solar system.
    2. New life in this universe exists we've never seen before, and they adapted to the new laws better than New Earth.
    3. The political systems of the countries have altered radically from their starting conditions, so radical elements are able to be viable.
    4. New Earth is heading for a rectification with the new reality, and has to adapt to the changes.
    5. The new Earth does change and becomes like a new interstellar hub, not just for humans but everybody who transcommunicates the Multiverse.

1) I'd have more AU characters appear in books. Based on the premise of Secret Wars, we could have seen any number of characters show up and establish themselves. Instead it's more of the same with a small handful of characters from other places, i.e. Old Man Logan, some Ultimate universe characters. I'd put Nocturne in an X-book, for example. Maybe bring in May Parker and put her on a Young Avengers team.

2) The metaplot of the X-books would be completely different. I'm not happy that the current metaplot is a rehash of one that was barely resolved a few years ago. For being 'all new all different' this story feels old and tired already. I'd have the X-Men move forward towards some other story that doesn't involve mutantkind on the brink of extinction. I'd also bring back a X-teen book that doesn't feature the O5 and focus on the K&Y era student with some of the others showing up as peripheral characters.

3) I'd bring back Runaways, Young Avengers, and All New X-Factor.

4) I'd undo the Maximoff twin retcon.

5) Change basically everything Peter Parker is doing right now except for hanging out with Deadpool. lol

I would say get rid of that needless recently born Freyja-Odin heir, Laussa, because I really think that they are past child-rearing and childbearing age. Not to mention it's another cliched new sibling when they already have tons of them from both past issues. Laussa really doesn't bring anything new, so I would just eradicate her from being a character.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Laussa_...ir_(Earth-616)

And I agree get rid of that horrid retcon of the Maximoff twins not being Magneto's children, because it's one of the most awful ideas.

I'm concerned that most of my comments will sound like "bring back the thing I like that you don't do anymore!" I'll try to avoid that, but at least some of these are going to be call-backs. Most of my ideas focus on X-Men and Thor, as those are my favourite franchises.

1- More X-Men books, especially focussed on teen characters. All-New X-Men doesn't count, since it focusses on the O4/5. A new book that has, as its main team, the various teens that just graduated, and bring back even more (Anole, Rockslide, Surge, Pixie, Mercury, Bling, Hellion, Shark-Girl, etc.) Perhaps have them be the teachers to a new student body? And also have it be full of late-teen angst and drama.

2- X-Men Legacy: a title where each 4-6-issue arc will focus on one X-character (main or secondary). Good venue for giving miniseries to characters that otherwise couldn't support them. Also useful for team-ups, especially with Beast or Rogue or Kitty, who aren't associated with X-books anymore.

3- Ms. Marvel Team-Up: A book where Kamala pairs up with other Marvel characters for short 1-2-issue stories. To be run alongside her main solo title.

4- A month of 0-issues, set in the eight-month gap. For the X-books, all three 0s would be one three-part story that tells what Cyclops did that makes everyone hate him. For Wolverine, it would show what happened that made Laura take up the mantle of Wolverine. For characters that were Raft survivors, then show that they remember Battleworld and use those stories to help bridge that gap (Black Panther, Thor, Miles Morales, etc.) Use the 0 structure to have a bunch of one-shots that don't fit into other books but whose viewpoint in the eight-month gap would be good to see (Namor, Doom, etc.)

5- A new Fantastic Four or FF book that shows Reed, Sue, and the FF rebuilding the multiverse and traveling between dimensions, putting right what once went wrong. Think of this as an FF-themed Exiles. Maybe bring in some characters from these other dimensions. A core group of Reed, Sue, Franklin, 1-2 more FF kids, and then 2-3 denizens of the multiverse.

6- Keep the Thor book as-is, but also have Thor Odinson be around in some capacity. Maybe not his own book, but perhaps a "Thor Legacy", which focusses on Thor Odinson in various adventures (as young Prince Thor, as an Avenger in the recent Marvel past, as the current Unworthy Odinson, as future King Thor, etc.) and also have arcs or one-shots focussing on Loki and other Asgard-based characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I'm concerned that most of my comments will sound like "bring back the thing I like that you don't do anymore!" I'll try to avoid that, but at least some of these are going to be call-backs. Most of my ideas focus on X-Men and Thor, as those are my favourite franchises.
    I actually really like a lot of your ideas. The X-Men Legacy idea is one that would be great - give a bunch of creators opportunities to play with their favourite characters. The Ms. Marvel Team-Up sounds like a great homage to Marvel Team-Up, since Kamala is this generation's Peter Parker (but way better than Peter Parker). And the #0s would be neat, too.

Your ideas are good, too, but those are the three that jumped out at me as being especially cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post

6. Since Disney took over I feel that overall the comics Marvel is putting out there are targeting 10 year olds... Its just a shame. Of course there should be books for 10 year olds but there should also be books (and not just a few on the sideline) for adults. Thats what DC is doing way better right now... It just feels so much more mature over there. Things like Squirrel Girl or ChoHulk are ruining everything. Also ANAD Avengers is really close to getting too childish because of our 3 very young Avengers. Luckily I like Nova and Miles, I just can't stand Ms. Marvel.
    Please make the list in reverse all other title are meant for older audience and marvel is since 2003 notorious for turning books/brands which were meant for teenager in really adult books with a psychotic twist last example is Uncanny X-men in that line. When Marvel took over many had the fear you described but I can't see it becoming real for the classic books more the opposite is real.

What you have been listening were all new books with new characters with a bit of rebranding you are looking in the wrong direction.

1. Keep Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    2. Trim the excess Avengers/X-Men/Spidey books.
    3. Get Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde back together.
    4. A new Fantastic Four series that has the entire team exploring the new Marvel multiverse.
    5. Um...I'll get back to you.

Okay what would I do to turn this relaunch in to an success ? Ouu this will be funny
    1.) Make retcon putting a new character in from my fan fiction into the TRO time space.(Ruler over 100.000 realities he stole/rescued during the incursions)
    2.) The MC mocking the heroes about how pathetic and useless they are since he could do what neither Dr.Doom nor Reed Richards could do also about their regression over the years
    3.) Fight begins SW 2
    4.) They are losing the war
    5.) Now the heroes are forced to do things the right way using time-travel to stop the beyonders pre the first incursions
    6.) The team meat the Reed Richards in the past things are not easy
    7.) Team confront the beyonders the team wins
    8.) Reluanch all titles again with less confusion and a more clear moral record of the heroes including all the new cap heroes who didn't worked are back to normal.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I don't pretend to know what the modern comic reader likes, but I'd do some pretty radical/crazy stuff if I ran the show. Like...

1. Push the Falcon big time... and Sam never becomes Captain America.

2. If the folks in legal say it's ok, I take the Chaste and the Hand and turn them into full-blown remnants of Jedi/Sith Orders. The whole Star Wars thing would be part of Marvel's history, albeit events from hundreds of thousands of years in a galaxy far, far away. I then take characters like Daredevil, Elektra, Blade, Hellcat, Psylocke, The Black Knight, Mantis, Cloak and Dagger, Shang Chi, Karnak, Misty Knight, Coleen Wing, all of the Eternals, and a few other "street level" types and give them Force-based origins and powers.

3. Doom dies. Permanently. Reed follows him. Both crushed by a supermassive singularity and spewed as cosmic ejecta across space and time never to be seen again in any form. They live on in memory as the "Fathers" of the Marvel Universe. A monument is resurrected to both honor them and warn future generations about the dangers of being so blindly intelligent that you routinely do inane crap to those around you.

4. Indefinite moratorium on superhero fights. Writers who attempt to circumvent said moratorium are showered with molasses before being dropped in a pit of fire ants.

5. Ban bikini costumes for anyone not named the Silver Surfer.

6. "No more Inhumans." Mostly, because I liked the thought of them being on the extinction list.

7. More meaningful influence from pantheons other than the Norse and Greco-Roman variety.

8. "Marvel Comics Presents ... as written by You, the Fan." This book is the equivalent of a giant-sized annual that is published quarterly and features stories about Marvel characters based on concepts and submissions by the fans at large. Professional artists and scripters volunteer their time and the proceeds of all book sales are donated to charity. Obviously, most stories would occur outside of canon, but there is a chance that your submission could become part of Marvel lore.

9. Relaunch Epic Illustrated as an anthology of stories starring various Marvel characters and geared towards adult readers. Emphasis on mature content.

10. Make Eternity a woman. Infinity can remain a woman, too, but either way, the sum of all existence should be female in form.

11. And speaking of #10, where the heck are all of the women cosmic abstracts, Elders of the Universe, etc., etc.??? Fix that.

12. Age Tony Stark. He's in his mid-60s, a billionaire industrialist running for the office of the President of the United States. His opponent? "Old Man" Steve Rogers. Yeah, I see some of you casting your votes already!
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-16-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Spectacular Member

1. Turn the clock back to 2012 and redo everything that has happened up to this point without the Secret Wars stuff.
    2. Resolve the All-New X-Men storyline somehow.
    3. Remove the Builders and all the junk related to it that Hickman gave us.
    4. Bring back all the "legacy characters".
    5. Undo Original Sin.

Astonishing Member

1)Put Christopher Priest in charge of the X-line. Only things I would ask of him is to move on from Claremont and Morrison.

2)Put the genie back in the bottle. No more anti heroes(exception of Deadpool due to financial reasons).Let Bad guys be bad guy, not misunderstood characters who just need a good hug and a blind eye.

3)Anthologies. X-men Presents and Avengers Presents series that showcase solo adventures of characters in that world. I think a better showcase than a Black Knight or Hercules series. Perfect for the trade crowd.

4)Make things unique again. Inhumans is a great tale about power(political and superhuman) with a nice fantasy aspect about it. Its goes in the wrong direction when you have it interfere with the X-world. I dont need nor want two Cap series. I dont need or want two Spider Man series. Branding is great, but lets be true to character as well.

1. End ANAD. Bring back "Classic" Marvel.
    2. Put Bucky and Widow together again.
    3. Bring Wolverine back and kill off X-23.
    4. Make Emma Frost a villian once more.
    5. Have Rogue kill Carol Danvers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    3. Bring Wolverine back and kill off X-23.
    4. Make Emma Frost a villian once more.
    5. Have Rogue kill Carol Danvers again.
    And fans of those characters can just bugger off, huh?

Laura's a better character than Logan. Logan was a dick and, for the past 25 years, an idiot. Laura's journey has been compelling and exciting and touching, and has made her a more interesting and more dynamic character than Logan.

Emma's a great semi-hero, and Carol Danvers is great.

Damn, do I ever hate the "kill off this interesting and popular character who I personally don't like" attitude. Not everything is about you, people. If you don't like a character, don't read their frigging book. Saying they should be killed off is dickish.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd like to offer a slight rebuttal to your last point, in that besides the pricing issues, what's made comics inaccessible to much of the younger generation of potential fans is the bleakness that seemed to set in and take over in the 2000s after guys like Brian Bendis and Mark Millar took over the direction of the Marvel Universe. Maturity is one thing, but maturity is also a lot more than just a constantly, unrelentingly bleak and borderline nihilistic setting and ethos where nothing good happens or lasts for any of the characters and there's almost no one to root for because the supposed heroes have become so compromised by creeping moral ambiguity that they can't actually stand up for any real heroic ideal or principle without coming off as massive hypocrites. Sometimes, maturity is having the ability to let your hair down, have some fun, actually enjoy yourself and the characters and settings you read, and feel like there is hope somewhere out there and life, fictional or real, isn't just an endless slog of misery and hardship that inevitably ends in meaningless, pointless death.

I do, however, like your idea of bringing back the Nova Corps with Richard Rider as the leader, and I'd presume Sam Alexander would be holding up the home front on Earth. I also like your idea for an actual Avengers 2099 series, though I'd keep it to the original roster introduced in Secret Wars 2099 plus Spider-Man 2099 and Hulk 2099 (Maestro's too much of a tyrant and all-around bastard to be believable as an Avenger). We could have Strange 2099, Ghost Rider 2099, Deadpool 2099, and Daredevil 2099 (from Mark Waid's intended concept) as the Defenders 2099, in the same vein as the MCU Defenders --- street-level heroes who fight crime in the shadows where the megacorps' privatized law enforcement won't bother.
    I agree with your first part that sometimes we have to be able to have some fun and actually enjoy ourselfes. I am 36 years old and I often behave like a teenager, at least thats what my friends say. I absolutely enjoy fun books where you can have a laugh or 2 or even 3. What bothers me are things like Squirrel Girl in an Avengers book. I generally love team-books so I've always read all the avengers books out there but they never had a character like SG. She is just really bothering me beacuse its not funny, its just ridiculous and stupid. I can absolutely understand when kids like her and if they want to read up on her they can do so on her own series. But to bring her on an Avengers team (and book) ist just too silly.
    Same goes for the Hulk. I've been a very big Hulk and Banner Fan for years and I loved the concept of a Man and a "Beast inside of him" that he can't control and that this beast is a constant danger to him and all around him. Now we have an Asian Hulk Teenager who has fun being the Hulk and is behaving and talking like a teenager. Again, I can understand that this could attract new and young readers but the whole concept of "the Beast inside of you" is turned upside down in this series and with this character. I am still reading it but just because I hope to see what really happend to Bruce and if he is able to come back.

To your 2nd part. Yes Sam would be in the Nova Corps and would be Earths protector. It would perhaps be something similar to the Green Lantern Corps which I love btw. But to see the Nova Corps re-established as a police force in the universe and then having cool space-arcs again would be fantastic. And yes, the roster on an Avengers 2099 Team would be open to discussion. I kind of liked the Iron Mariner in New Avengers last week but of course there could be the other already known Avengers. The whole idea of even a few more series completely taking place in the year 2099 is really appealing to me.
    Last edited by Guardian; 02-17-2016 at 04:04 AM.