View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2721

Man, I really need to read more books with Storm in them!

BANNED

I love the comicbook character Medusa depicted with a mask

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I love the comicbook character Medusa depicted with a mask
    Yes, I love Medusa with a mask too. I think it helps make the Inhumans feel more mysterious in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Yes, I love Medusa with a mask too. I think it helps make the Inhumans feel more mysterious in general.
    I agree too!

I remember a time when I only knew Medusa with a mask on. Then, when she was un-masked that was special. Now it feels special to see her with the mask on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree too!

I remember a time when I only knew Medusa with a mask on. Then, when she was un-masked that was special. Now it feels special to see her with the mask on again.
    I don't even know when she was first un-masked. I think the first time I saw her without a mask was in "Right of Birth" and then she was heavily featured without a mask in Paul Jenkins' "Inhumans". But I am happy she is back in a mask, as well.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #171 Jul 1983
    "Rogue" Guest-starring Binary.
    The Alley.
    Storm greets her new subjects, and commands them not to attack the "surface dwellers" any longer.
    As she leaves Callisto - weak enough that she can barely stand - intercepts her.
    They exchange unpleasantries and Storm tells Sunder to put his mistress back to bed.
    Nightcrawler notes that Storm is going out of her way to make an enemy of Callisto, to which Storm responds they were moments from the instant they met.
    Nightcrawler is troubled about Storm's shifting personality.

Anchorage.
    Madelyne Pryor wakes up from a nightmare, and Scott comes running.
    After she calms down she tells Scott about the 747 crash only she walked away from.
    She gives the date as September 1, 1980 - and Scott is shocked to realize that is the exact day Jean Grey died!

Massachusetts.
    Carol Danvers finishes a visit to her folks. However, she's setting her folks on edge and she feels empty.
    She knows they're her parents and that she's supposed to care for them, but she doesn't - those feelings were stolen by Rogue.
    She concludes there is no place for her on Earth - Binary's place is among the stars!

Xavier's.
    Kitty is frantically searching her room for her computer disks with her homework on them
    and blaming the New Mutants (X-Babies) for stealing or misplacing them.
    Her roommate Illyana makes fun of her when she finally finds them under her keyboard.

In the Danger Room, Charles is running a gym setting to work on his leg muscles.
    Both he and Lilandra remain mystified as to why he cannot walk in his new cloned body;
    since his paraplegic condition was caused by his legs being crushed and not genetic, his legs should be perfectly functional!
    In the kitchen, Colossus is pondering a cookbook when Professor X psychically tells him they have a visitor.
    Because he used Peter's codename, he knows there might be trouble, and he shifts into his armored form as he opens the door to discover... Rogue?

Professor X's study.
    We discover Professor X cannot read her mind. She tells them that her powers are out of control,
    that permanently absorbing Carol's powers was an accident, and that she needs help.
    The X-Men are suspicious, and eventually Professor X asks them to leave so he can talk to Rogue in private without all the hostility.
    The X-Men resolve to vent their frustrations in the danger room.

Despite it being Kitty who wanted to hit something, she and Illyana end up in the control booth.
    Illyana picks out the program, and when Kitty asks what it is Illyana tells her its a surprise.
    However, when the program comes up Belasco, even Illyana is briefly surprised before flipping out.
    As if possessed, she draws her Soulsword for the FIRST time from nowhere and attacks Kitty.
    Kitty phases, but the Soulsword still cuts her! Kitty disarms her, and Illyana comes to her senses - crying out "I remembered!".
    The other X-Men arrive in the control booth and Kitty hides the full nature of the incident, waving it off as an accident for Illyana's sake.

Later, Ororo's Attic.
    She notices her plants are parched and starts a rainstorm to water them.

However, while she has an angst-ridden internal monologue she loses control of her storm and is reminded only by the sound of thunder.
    She clears the clouds, but the plants have already been ruined! Professor X contacts her telepathically,

and she responds by hurling a dagger through his thought-image!

Professor X's study.
    Charles has decided to admit Rogue to both the school and as a probationary X-Men member.
    Storm objects - as leader of the X-Men she feels she has a say, and is unwilling to take on a member who might betray them!
    At that moment, Binary lands outside the X-Mansion and enters.
    After a moment of peace we suddenly see Rogue flying through the roof, getting knocked clear into orbit!
    Rogue comes back for more and Binary gives it to her. But then Colossus holds Binary down and breaks up the fight.

Professor X explains that Rogue is under his protection as of now, and Binary complains.
    It is Storm who tells Binary that Rogue is now the newest X-Man.
    A puzzled Rogue doesn't even know why Binary has it in for her, until Binary shifts to her human (looking) form!

Rogue speaks Carol's name under her breath. Carol tells Rogue that she now has the power to destroy her.
    Storm tells Professor X that if Rogue stays, she goes - and Nightcrawler says they all will.
    Professor X talks the X-Men through the impasse - Carol concedes understanding but not approval, and leaves in a huff.
    Storm, however, is also uncertain and goes to take a walk to decide whether she will stay or leave.

She realizes, either way, that she will no longer be the woman she was.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Walter Simonson and Bob Wiacek.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

My Series of ~~~ EPIC Moments in Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff History!

Avengers Vol. 3, Issue #1! (1998-2004)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I am glad I got to read what Roy Thomas had to tell about Marie Severin https://community.cbr.com/showthread...and-Russ-Heath

I was very, very sad to learn that Marie passed away 8 days after her birthday

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Paul Smith!!!

Uncanny X-Men #172 Aug 1983
    "Scarlet in Glory" Part 1 of 2.
    This story takes place after the events of Wolverine #4...

Tokyo:
    The X-Men arrive in Japan for Wolverine's wedding to Mariko Yashida, which is to occur in 5 days.
    Wolverine warmly greets all of them, except Rogue, who remains in the doorway until Mariko says something.
    Logan would rather tear her heart out, but the others tell him she's now an X-Man, and Mariko formally welcomes her.

Atop a nearby building, the Silver Samurai is watching them, but is also being watched!
    Yukio strikes from the shadows, but the blow barely phases the Silver Samurai, and the battle is joined.
    Wolverine hears the attack, and Nightcrawler teleports both of them near the battle to see what's up.
    Wolverine tells Nightcrawler to grab Yukio and he goes after the Samurai.
    Silver Samurai teleports away - letting Wolverine plunge off the edge of the building - but Nightcrawler saves him. Yukio, however, is gone.

We see her bounce off poles and ledges with ease, but suddenly her foot slips and she falls downwards - until Storm grabs her!
    Landing, Storm tells her she could have been killed, but she laughs it off as an amazing ride. She cartwheels away, still laughing.

Later, Storm tells Wolverine that she recognized the assailant from a recent battle the New Mutants had.
    Wolverine comments on Clan Yashida's past ties to the criminal underworld in Japan, but that he'd taken care of Shingen.
    Kurt gets Wolverine's implication - and Kitty is a little shocked.

Elsewhere in the apartment, Mariko steels herself for a meeting she's been requested to attend.
    It is her honor at stake, and so she refuses to even tell Logan what she will be about.
    She summons Toni to tell her she'll be out for a bit, that the X-Men are not to know, and leaves.
    Unfortunately for Toni, she is ambushed by Viper shortly thereafter. Viper disguises herself as Toni and serves the X-Men poisoned tea.

The tea is distributed, and Wolverine and Storm talk about Logan's concerns with Yashida involvement in criminal matters,
    and Wolverine is worried that Mariko might be corrupted if she tries to deal with it herself.
    Wolverine finally takes a sip of tea and realizes its poisoned - and warns Storm just before she drinks! But for the others the damage has been done...

Outside, a driver pulls up with Mariko's car and she gets in. The driver, however, is non other than Yukio!

Anchorage:
    Scott is digging into his grandparents' airline company's records on Madelyne.
    Alex comes in to ask him what he's doing, and wonders if its a good idea.
    Scott tells him he has to know - and that Maddie didn't walk away from the crash merely the same day that Jean died, but the same instant!

A warehouse in Tokyo:
    Mariko goes into the building, and there finds Viper, Silver Samurai, and Nabatone Yokuse. We learn that Silver Samurai is Mariko's half-brother.
    Mariko declares that she does not recognize the crime worlds rulings - only the emperor's word matters.
    Harada (Silver Samurai) declares that his father promised him rulership of the clan, but Mariko denies his claim, and he starts to draw his sword.
    Mariko asks Nabatone about his promise of safety, but he says his promise was to Mariko, and that she isn't Mariko!

"Mariko" unmasks herself as Yukio! Viper goes to find the real Mariko while Silver Samurai draws on the Ronin.
    Yukio gets the first hit, but Silver Samurai is well-armored. Viper goes outside and opens the car door - and is blown away by a gust of wind.
    However, Storm barely controls it, and it slams Viper into the wall, rendering her senseless. Storm flies up and in through a skylight window in the warehouse.
    Seeing Yukio in deadly combat with Harada, she tries to summon her lightning, only for it to use far more power than she intended!
    Nabatone thinks something about Storm having sprung his trap, but Storm is too worried about electrocuting Harada and tries to draw the power into herself.
    This overloads Storm, sending bolts of electricity across the warehouse and detonating boxes of explosives.
    Yukio grabs the kimono she disguised herself in and jumps high into the air off a stack of boxes, grabbing Storm in the kimono,

and sending them both into the water. Behind them the warehouse explodes.
    As they come back to the surface, they see a large firebird form over the inferno of the warehouse!

Silver Samurai emerges from the Inferno to find Viper. He takes her and escapes.
    Storm and Yukio stagger off to find a haven - with Nabatone mysteriously watching from the shadows!

The hospital:
    Mariko is trying to stop Wolverine from going after Harada, but he won't be put off.
    Rogue also recovered tells Wolverine she's going with him.
    They have a brief discussion - Wolverine is not keen on working with her - but he relents, telling her in no uncertain terms he's in charge.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_paul_smith/ and Bob Wiacek.

Someone should redo this poll. I think the results may change with Storm losing some votes and Jean gaining some.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

The live action Stepford Cuckoos are nice on The Gifted show.

BANNED

Women of Marvel comic art